Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think we improved the rest of the year if...

Started by HOGness4life, January 04, 2010, 05:25:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGness4life

Get the ball into the paint and then kick it outside frequently for some easy threes.

Have to get more rotation on the ball and work together as a team.  :razorback:

Play with pride Hogs!!!

stan the man

We only have one shooter.  That is the reason that Clarke is guarded so close.  None of the other players can hit the broad side of a barn.  We will never be any good as long as we only have one player who can consistently shoot the basketball.

East TN HAWG

We can improve every game and not win another. 

3kgthog

This would involve coaching and someone other than Clarke being able to hit a 3 at a percentage higher than 20%. Basically, it's not going to happen.

thirtythree

Quote from: stan the man on January 04, 2010, 05:44:28 pm
We only have one shooter.  That is the reason that Clarke is guarded so close.  None of the other players can hit the broad side of a barn.  We will never be any good as long as we only have one player who can consistently shoot the basketball.

Unfortunately that is true. There is a difference between shooter's and guys who take shots.

Breems

Solved by Fortson, just no telling when he'll be back.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Boarbreath

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 04, 2010, 06:14:34 pm
Solved by Fortson, just no telling when he'll be back.

Agree.  We just don't have a point guard right now.  Nobles is struggling.  He is a liability for us right now.  He doesn't have good court vision, makes poor decisions, and is being outplayed by Welsh at the point.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HOGness4life on January 04, 2010, 05:25:35 pm
Get the ball into the paint and then kick it outside frequently for some easy threes.

Got to figure out that dreaded 2-1-2 zone first!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

rude1

Quote from: Boarbreath on January 04, 2010, 06:36:35 pm
Agree.  We just don't have a point guard right now.  Nobles is struggling.  He is a liability for us right now.  He doesn't have good court vision, makes poor decisions, and is being outplayed by Welsh at the point.

Surely not. When this guy was being recruited homers were talking about what a great asset he would be. I distinctly remember trying to explain to people that this kid played in a state with two D1 SEC teams, and neither offered him. That should have been a hint and a half for you.

Breems

January 04, 2010, 07:00:42 pm #9 Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:02:42 pm by ImissBrewer
Quote from: Boarbreath on January 04, 2010, 06:36:35 pm

I liked Nobles early, but he's starting to crack.  I see some potential, but as a freshman, he most likely won't be able to contribute what the team needs in SEC play.  Fortson did so (or came close) in his freshman year, which is why I'm so highly anticipating his return.  I believe Nobles will improve with time and experience, though. 

We still have quite a bit of fundamental problems to work out.  Wash needs to get a little tougher if you ask me, and stop the 3-pump-fakes-then-layup when he's right under the goal.  Might also need to ditch the Dirk Nowitzki attitude on the perimeter (at 31%) when he's the biggest guy on the team and no one in a hog uniform is near the goal to rebound.  Perimeter D also continues to be a problem.  Some of these issues are coachable, but others rely on willingness from the players to improve.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

farmhawg

How about a head coach first, that should take care of everything you are asking for.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!