Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have to give away a towel to get fans for a Texas game?

Started by Rey Pygsterio, January 04, 2010, 12:38:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rey Pygsterio

Just got this in my inbox from the UA:

QuoteFREE Razorback vs. Texas Rally Towel!!
After a tough loss to #24 UAB, your Razorbacks Men's Basketball team returns to action against #2 Texas tomorrow, January 5th at 6:00pm in Bud Walton Arena! It will be televised live on ESPN or ESPN2.  The first 2,500 fans entering the game will receive a Free Razorback Rally Towel!! So come out and support your Razorbacks as they take on the Longhorns!!

Has it come to this? We have to give away rally towels to lure people in for a Texas game?

Yes, the team is losing, but the student section and NWA fans in general have really let the program down.

And it all started when YOU fired Nolan. Repent.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

rude1

Rally Towels? Don't think there will be much use for those in this game, unless they are used to wipe away tears.

thirtythree

I guess nobody in the whole world gives away anything at any games. ::) Why does every freaking thing that happens have to fall back on negativity? If some of you people are so miserable then why don't you just remove yourself from it and be happy somewhere else?

Porkatarian

I figure that Long and Wyrick will have clowns making baloon animals at halftime by the time SEC play is finished.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Triple T

They give away something at almost every Arkansas Baseball game, and I'd imagine there will be more than 2,500 fans at the game.. Nothing wrong with this at all.

Iwastherein1969

rally towels ?  maybe Pelphrey could use a fortune cookie or two in order to better instruct our players during times out
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Rey Pygsterio

Also, there are seven exclamation points in that e-mail. I don't think this season warrants seven exclamation points so far.

I could go on with other problems in that e-mail and how the UA sends out way too many e-mails every day, but I will leave it alone.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

3kgthog

People buy these freebies on eBay. That's where most of my baseball freebies go. I made $47 on a baseball card sheet with Nick Schmidt on it.

The_Truth

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 04, 2010, 12:44:20 pm
I figure that Long and Wyrick will have clowns making baloon animals at halftime by the time SEC play is finished.

Porkatarian out...

Hahaha!  That sounds about right.  That's about all those 2 are good for anyway.  Might as well get Pel out there at halftime too b/c we know he isn't doing any coaching or anything during the break at half.

heathtits

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 04, 2010, 12:44:20 pm

Porkatarian out...

No face painting?

But seriously, as much as I'm pissed at our situation, this isn't that extra ordinary for a big game.

Programs do this all the time, they just aren't nearly as desperate as we are for attendance.

Fatman

We used to give away pom poms at home games and 3 point cards etc. I for one admire the admin for trying to help keep interest in a program that is sinking so fast it passed the Titanic on the way down. Winning cures all ills and we will either start winning with this coach or move on to another. I am apathetic now so it doesn't matter any more.

DoubleJ

The only thing wrong with this is that I went to the Miss State game last year, and they gave out the towels at that game, too.  That game led to our downward spiral.  Who knows, maybe this will have the opposite effect??

Rey Pygsterio

If you're going to give out rally towels to improve the game atmosphere, you've got to give them to everyone in the building, not just 2,500. A giveaway to that few is purely to make people who walk up early to buy tickets think they are getting something extra.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on January 05, 2010, 10:07:59 am
If you're going to give out rally towels to improve the game atmosphere, you've got to give them to everyone in the building, not just 2,500. A giveaway to that few is purely to make people who walk up early to buy tickets think they are getting something extra.

Unfortunately that will be around half of the fans attending the game that will leave with a towel.....................if they don't throw their towel down in disgust by the time our beat down at the hands of one of our most historically hated foes is finished.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Breems

Quote from: thirtythree on January 04, 2010, 12:42:28 pm
I guess nobody in the whole world gives away anything at any games. ::) Why does every freaking thing that happens have to fall back on negativity? If some of you people are so miserable then why don't you just remove yourself from it and be happy somewhere else?

I agree.  Complaining about giving away towels.  That's those in the know, those that see how it is, ya know. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 05, 2010, 10:18:51 am
And it's done all over the country by teams in many different sports. This isn't even the first time the Hogs have given away towels or t-shirts. It's also very likely that a sponsor paid for the towels and will have their logo on them.

This is a worthless thread.
Whats worthless is your excuse making in every thread.

Breems

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 05, 2010, 12:02:19 pm
Whats worthless is your excuse making in every thread.

Not your infamous one sentence negative claims that attempt to hijack every thread on the board?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

booogaga

so the first 2500 fans will get a towel.........

........ so basically everyone in attendance will have a towel......

just sayin
GO HOGS!

thirtythree

Quote from: booogaga on January 05, 2010, 12:07:57 pm
so the first 2500 fans will get a towel.........

........ so basically everyone in attendance will have a towel......

just sayin

I'll bet $100 that there will be over 10,000 at tonights game.

aspivey

The Great Dale Divider

The Original 69

heathtits

Quote from: thirtythree on January 05, 2010, 12:13:27 pm
I'll bet $100 that there will be over 10,000 at tonights game.

10,000 to come watch the hogs play the best team in the nation? WOW!!!!!

Smithian

I love the hate on this thread.

We gave these out last year for the OU game it was a complete sellout and no one complained.

realistichog

Going to or watching the game tonight would be like watching a movie you've already seen. YOU know how it ends so why bother.

Hog4Ever09

I get a towel!!!

Didn't we get towels for the OU game last year?  Because I'm fairly certain I still have mine somewhere...

The_Iceman

first 2500?.....what are they going to do with the extras?

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

thirtythree

Quote from: ICEman on January 05, 2010, 02:55:03 pm
\
Half-Cap.  Awesome!

I didn't say that would be what was there. that's just the number I set to give him a chance.

Niels Boar

How is this game at home?  Didn't we play at BWA last season?

thirtythree

Quote from: Niels Boar on January 05, 2010, 03:46:58 pm
How is this game at home?  Didn't we play at BWA last season?

Texas broke the contract and is coming here as part of that as I understand it.