Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C.F. - play em' or cut em'

Started by Negaholicism, January 03, 2010, 07:54:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Negaholicism

I do type this realizing I do not know the whole situation (no one does) I was sitting at the UAB game on Saturday and I was watching Michael Sanchez and the kid from Iowa, the transfer. I started thinking about Fortson. I would like to see Fortson either

1. on the court
2. or at the very least on the sidelines cheering the team

just like anyone else. However, the reality is that he isn't doing either 1 of these things.

Either play him or cut ties. I swear it is taking the focus off of a really bad season that is taking place in front of us. The focus should be on the team, not 1 player. I want to see him as a saving grace, too, but at this point he is not in game shape and so, when he complete the 'program' we are just going to place him in the middle of the SEC schedule. C'mon. That is setting him up for failure.

Play em' or cut ties.

RedSatinHog

Cut ties.  The ongoing saga is too much of a distraction.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ThisTeetsTaken

I don't think Fortson is the problem at this point. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Danny J

Quote from: Negaholicism on January 03, 2010, 07:54:00 pm
I do type this realizing I do not know the whole situation (no one does) I was sitting at the UAB game on Saturday and I was watching Michael Sanchez and the kid from Iowa, the transfer. I started thinking about Fortson. I would like to see Fortson either

1. on the court
2. or at the very least on the sidelines cheering the team

just like anyone else. However, the reality is that he isn't doing either 1 of these things.

Either play him or cut ties. I swear it is taking the focus off of a really bad season that is taking place in front of us. The focus should be on the team, not 1 player. I want to see him as a saving grace, too, but at this point he is not in game shape and so, when he complete the 'program' we are just going to place him in the middle of the SEC schedule. C'mon. That is setting him up for failure.

Play em' or cut ties.
Totally agree

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 03, 2010, 08:24:40 pm
I don't think Fortson is the problem at this point. 

Really?  Damn, you must have better papers.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

akp4105

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: wayne1958 on January 03, 2010, 08:39:15 pm
Really?  Damn, you must have better papers.
What I mean is that the real problem is Pelphrey not letting him play.  Regardless of what Fortson did, Pel recruited him and now he is unavailable to play..... Maybe Pelphrey should recruit players that CAN play for him. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

WilsonHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 03, 2010, 08:48:03 pm
What I mean is that the real problem is Pelphrey not letting him play.   

Fortson's status is being decided by those higher up the corporate ladder, so to speak.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 03, 2010, 09:00:45 pm
Fortson's status is being decided by those higher up the corporate ladder, so to speak.

Just a hunch here, but does Fortson have baggage where if he played again in a Razorback uniform, that he might cause the NCAA to start poking around the basketball program?

Otherwise, I'm not sure why player decisions made by those on the corporate ladder would be trumping Pel and/or Jeff Long.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on January 03, 2010, 10:14:03 pm
Just a hunch here, but does Fortson have baggage where if he played again in a Razorback uniform, that he might cause the NCAA to start poking around the basketball program?

Otherwise, I'm not sure why player decisions made by those on the corporate ladder would be trumping Pel and/or Jeff Long.

I was referring to Long and others in the department who report to him.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 03, 2010, 10:15:14 pm
I was referring to Long and others in the department who report to him.

Oh ok.  That makes a lot more sense.  Thanks.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Porkatarian

We can't boot Fortson b/c our APR is dangerously low.   That's why he and one other player have been allowed to stay.

Also, you can't criticize Pel for the suspensions.   John Fagg and Jeff Long are handling the player suspensions for basketball.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Mr. Porkleone

When someone gets cancer, they have it removed.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 04, 2010, 09:51:23 am
When someone gets cancer, they have it removed.
Then Welsh should be gone.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

HawgWild

To me, if a suspension goes beyond one semester then the player should be cut loose. I mean, they're being provided with a scholarship, food, housing. What's the university getting?

H_K_S

rumors today suggest Fortson will be released.

Negaholicism

If you are Pel, would you rather:

1. be able to communicate to your fans honestly and openly, even if that meant they did not like everything you had to say, and not have complete support from your AD, or

2. not communicate to your fans honestly and openly, enrage the fans, but have the support from your AD.

If I am Pel, I understand, but the fan base is quickly growing distant to his leadership.