Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The main reason we lost... (FT disparity)

Started by Niels Boar, January 03, 2010, 12:37:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: rude1 on January 04, 2010, 12:11:06 pm
I believe it's too early to get a real handle on their actual numbers. They have played an extremely weak schedule, and are just now getting ready to get into the meat of their schedule. I believe a lot of those numbers will fade negatively as the season progress.

This is a good point, but in most games across varying strength of competition, Arkansas has been good at defensive rebounding and 2-pt field goal % defense.  When Washington's healthy.  That + some good inside scoring now and again + an occasional flurry from Rotnei are all we got.

Offensive rebounding is very weak.  Free throw shooting is bad.  We take an unusually low number of treys because we have so few shooters.  We're OK at ballhandling but don't force TOs.  And our perimeter defense is remarkably poor just as last year.

Baylor was a pretty tough matchup for us with a hobbled Washington, but we sure shouldn't have lost by 23.  The second half was awful.

Pelphrey hasn't found the magic touch by any means.  He seems to struggle a lot dealing with unexpected changes.  I'm sure he's hoping like crazy he can last long enough to have a full roster, but it's his own fault he had to sign a bunch of miscreants who didn't stick.  We should have known he'd struggle starting up recruiting when we hired him.
[CENSORED]!