Started by Hoggy1, January 02, 2010, 01:05:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy1

Haha, nice defensive play there Pel.

C'mon thirtythree, justify this.

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Table Rocker

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Pel was playing d? Hmm, must've missed that.
ched come back pls

L.A.

who runs man 2 man on out of bounds under your own basket??????

jst01

that was sad. It's almost like watching Bill Self coach against a jr. high coach from gravette AR. sad for everyone.

Fletch

That's two games the other team has gotten a gimme on the last play of regulation. Unbelievable.
I feel like $100

jacksonpollock

What else can be expected from a Pel team at this point?
Bums are the well-to-do of this day. They didn't have as far to fall.

Hoggy1

Lard

stupid....maybe Farmer was supposed to switch....nonetheless you don't play M2M under your basket when you're down 1.  Idiot coaching.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Calling All Hogs

I'm speechless (but can still type).

jschulte

Quote from: HogsnCards on January 02, 2010, 01:06:41 pm
Pel was playing d? Hmm, must've missed that.

Wow, please don't say anything to further show your ignorance.

Hogeration

BigHog396

Quote from: jschulte on January 02, 2010, 01:10:14 pm
Then explain how exactly it is that PELPHREY got schooled on that play.  Farmer didn't switch, so it was Farmer that got schooled.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: jschulte on January 02, 2010, 01:10:14 pm
Wow, last time I checked Pel wasn't standing there letting a guy cut right in front of him. He recruited these horrible defensive players, but the execution was not there. Can't have Pel screaming in their ear at the other end of the court.
ched come back pls

YodaHog

Too predictable....I told everyone in the room during the timeout that UAB would get a wide open look under the goal.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: jst01 on January 02, 2010, 01:07:20 pm
that was sad. It's almost like watching Bill Self coach against a jr. high coach from gravette AR. sad for everyone.
Except the Gravette JH coach would have recognized the play and called a TO to get into the right defense. If it is the same coach that was there when my son played against them, he would be an upgrade from what we have now.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Lanny

Last time I checked.  pelphrey was still a loser.  WoW, I can't believe Arkansas allows this Clown to continue coaching
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BigHog396

Quote from: Lanny on January 02, 2010, 01:14:20 pm
Last time I checked.  pelphrey was still a loser.  WoW, I can't believe Arkansas allows this Clown to continue coaching
Might as well get used to it, he's here for at least another season and a half.

ThrillaHog

I am sick and tired of this. The Players have nothing to do with this crap anymore. How can anyone anywhere defend what we just witnessed on that court. Pel, im sorry. Get the helll out of Ark. You have turned our team into a doormat for mid major programs! This may very well get deleted, and again im sorry, but this is terrible terrible terrible!

Hoggy1

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 02, 2010, 01:15:26 pm
Might as well get used to it, he's here for at least another season and a half.

I can take 3 more months of this knowing he will never coach at Arkansas again, it's over after the SEC tourney.

Today was the nail in the coffin.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

At least true hog fans with patience can look foward to next season. He may not be able to coach, but he can recruit.
ched come back pls

Lard

Quote from: HogsnCards on January 02, 2010, 01:17:12 pm
At least true hog fans with patience can look foward to next season. He may not be able to coach, but he can recruit.
recruit what?  are you kidding?
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Lanny

Quote from: ThrillaHog on January 02, 2010, 01:16:46 pm
I am sick and tired of this. The Players have nothing to do with this crap anymore. How can anyone anywhere defend what we just witnessed on that court. Pel, im sorry. Get the helll out of Ark. You have turned our team into a doormat for mid major programs! This may very well get deleted, and again im sorry, but this is terrible terrible terrible!

No way your post is deleted because you are absolutely correct.

Fire Pelphrey
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

jschulte

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 02, 2010, 01:12:46 pm
Then explain how exactly it is that PELPHREY got schooled on that play.  Farmer didn't switch, so it was Farmer that got schooled.

What is the point in even calling a time out then?  Just to give them rest?  No sir son, its to draw out a defense, and let your players know what to expect - and get ready for their offensive play/set.  Which apparently... Pelphrey didn't do a good job getting his players on the court ready.

PetrinoFan

Worst coached team in Arkansas history.

BigHog396

Quote from: HoggyPetrino501 on January 02, 2010, 01:17:07 pm
I can take 3 more months of this knowing he will never coach at Arkansas again, it's over after the SEC tourney.

Today was the nail in the coffin.
Hmmm... lose to a Top 25 team, and that is the nail in the coffin.  Takes a real genius to come up with that scenario.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: Lard on January 02, 2010, 01:17:54 pm
recruit what?  are you kidding?
Are you kidding? Take a look at this years class. And next years.
Clueless.
About to get the #1 Juco. #1 player out of Canada.
2011, 5 5-star players seriously considering us.
ched come back pls

dpan

I understand you may not like Pel, but Nolan lost on last second plays.  Eddie lost some last second plays.  The personal stuff is just mean-spirited.  I hate seeing or hearing the Hogs lose more than anyone, but people being so personal is about as bad as foi-ing someone's text messages.  It is just a game.  Oh yeah, the players have to execute.  Even in man2man, they still should be aware of someone cutting to the basket.

FedorE

I didn't think we could possibly be worse than lastyear. I stand corrected. I won't attend or watch another game with him as the coach.

HoopS

I've been more Pel friendly than most.   

That was totally horrible coaching.   We even took a timeout to get ready for it.  Sorry.

Porkem

Quote from: Lanny on January 02, 2010, 01:17:55 pm
No way your post is deleted because you are absolutely correct.

Fire Pelphrey

Lanny...Mike Davis took Indiana to the NCAA Championship game before losing to Maryland.  He outcoached ole Pel on that last play.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Hoggy1

He may not be able to coach

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn how the mighty have fallen.  You just proved everyone's argument against you.  Idc how good you can recruit, if you are a bush league coach...you get bush league results.

claycohog

This was much worse than being blown out!

Pel=inept

wildcathawg

what gave you the idea he can recruit? most of his recruits either quit, transfer or are thrown off the team. if you are speaking about potential recruits then i'd like to point out that they arent on campus yet.

jst01

Quote from: HoopS on January 02, 2010, 01:20:39 pm
I've been more Pel friendly than most.  

That was totally horrible coaching.   We even took a timeout to get ready for it.  Sorry.

I know! that was what was so funny.

UAB came out and showed their hand. Pel calls timeout to react. UAB's coach knows exactly what Pel will try and do and just makes him look like a fool.

I bet coaches scouting our team sit in the video room and laugh when preparing for our offense.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: HoggyPetrino501 on January 02, 2010, 01:21:47 pm
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn how the mighty have fallen.  You just proved everyone's argument against you.  Idc how good you can recruit, if you are a bush league coach...you get bush league results.
Umm, no. It's hard to coach some of these players. Some are bull-headed, and have personal issues that they are stubborn about. I'm not naming names, because I'll respect their privacy. But there are some troubled players on this team on and off the court.
ched come back pls

FedorE

Stan heath could recruit but not coach. That who you were talking about?

Hoggy1

Quote from: HogsnCards on January 02, 2010, 01:23:45 pm
Umm, no. It's hard to coach some of these players. Some are bull-headed, and have personal issues that they are stubborn about. I'm not naming names, because I'll respect their privacy. But there are some troubled players on this team on and off the court.

And Pel knew what each one of these kids were about from talking to them in the recruiting process, right?

It's his own fault for bringing in head cases to put on the court, nobody to blame except the man that recruited them to play for the University of Arkansas.

Razorod

Quote from: HogsnCards on January 02, 2010, 01:23:45 pm
which means he can't recruit very well.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HellofaHog

Iam i wrong, but i thought the first time they came out with 2.2 left on the clock they were inbounding the ball from the side at half court.
Did us calling a time out let them inbound the ball from under the basket.

HawgG

Quote from: FedorE on January 02, 2010, 01:25:27 pm
Stan heath could recruit but not coach. That who you were talking about?

No Stan wasn't a great recruiter at all. If he was then he might still be here. Stan is a slightly above average recruiter and HC. Pelphrey is a good recruiter but average to below average HC.

Oliver

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 02:02:07 pm
No Stan wasn't a great recruiter at all. If he was then he might still be here. Stan is a slightly above average recruiter and HC. Pelphrey is a good recruiter but average to below average HC.

Heath was a better recruiter than Pelphrey.  Ronnie Brewer, Sonny Weems, Pookie Modica are were all better than anybody Pelphrey has recruited.  Not to mention he got a top 5 overall recruit to commit to us despite the fact he never stepped foot on our court due to the pro rules at the time.

rude1

Quote from: HogsnCards on January 02, 2010, 01:20:08 pm
Are you kidding? Take a look at this years class. And next years.
Clueless.
About to get the #1 Juco. #1 player out of Canada.
2011, 5 5-star players seriously considering us.
Nice apologist spin but far from the truth. No big man signed to replace Washington. Players signed are not to found in top 50. Only one to be found inside of the top 100. No 5 star recruits committed for 2011 and none naming us as the top of their lists. No. 1 Juco that is being spun around, doesn't have us listed as a favorite either. It will be no better next season and probably worse.

Kevin

no justification today.

i am sure they players have been taught better, but it is the coaches job to make them execute.

if he would have played zone and they hit a wide open three, people would grip about the zone.

you can play it differently, but they should have executed.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dagnamit

alohawg

Is there any doubt our coach will be glued to the tube in a few minutes to root for his favorite team?
:puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 02, 2010, 01:12:46 pm
hate to sound like a smart azz, but have you ever played the game ?  UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, do you play MAN to MAN in that situation...underneath the oppositions basket playing Man to Man allows the offense to set one pick and get a guy WIDE OPEN in the lane....most coaches line up in a 2-3 zone to protect from getting picked off their man and are told to, 1) watch anything down low and 2) when the pass is made outside hustle to contest the shot...its BASKETBALL 101....Pelphrey even called a time out to adjust and couldn't make the right call...it is NOT the boy's fault, its the coach's fault for not lining up in the correct defense....my god, I'll bet Mike Davis' eyes lit up when he saw us line up in Man to Man coming out of Pelphrey's timeout...he had to be thinking, "what the hell is this guy doing, but I'll take it"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HawgG

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 02, 2010, 02:07:05 pm
Heath was a better recruiter than Pelphrey.  Ronnie Brewer, Sonny Weems, Pookie Modica are were all better than anybody Pelphrey has recruited.  Not to mention he got a top 5 overall recruit to commit to us despite the fact he never stepped foot on our court due to the pro rules at the time.

Pookie was Nolan's last recruit. I always go by teams filling needs with quality as a gauge of how well the recruiting went. You and I both know that Stan never signed a good PG while he was here and that led to his downfall. The 2005 class was the worse in school history and ultimately were the eventual nails in the coffin. Stan's recruiting was good but he had bad luck and lost out on some real difference makers at the last minute that kept him from doing better then he did as HC here.

A healthy Olu, keeping the commitments of Gibson and Aldridge, getting Thaddeus Young, etc. changes the course of the program, and we never have to mention the name of Coach Pelphrey in the state. Oh well I guess...

alohawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 02, 2010, 02:20:07 pm
hate to sound like a smart azz, but have you ever played the game ?  UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, do you play MAN to MAN in that situation...underneath the oppositions basket playing Man to Man allows the offense to set one pick and get a guy WIDE OPEN in the lane....most coaches line up in a 2-3 zone to protect from getting picked off their man and are told to, 1) watch anything down low and 2) when the pass is made outside hustle to contest the shot...its BASKETBALL 101....Pelphrey even called a time out to adjust and couldn't make the right call...it is NOT the boy's fault, its the coach's fault for not lining up in the correct defense....my god, I'll bet Mike Davis' eyes lit up when he saw us line up in Man to Man coming out of Pelphrey's timeout...he had to be thinking, "what the hell is this guy doing, but I'll take it"

Exactly.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

SunshinePumper

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 02:02:07 pm

Beverly, Weems, Townes, Brewer, Washington are all better than anyone Pel has signed.  As much as everyone made fun of Dontell Jefferson at the point, at least he was 6'6" and is playing professionally. 
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.