Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somone who can be at the Pel live....

Started by hogluv, January 02, 2010, 12:34:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogluv

Ask him to be honest with himself and the people. He grew up a Kentucky Fan and he played for them. "If Kentucky was doing this poorly with a coach after 3 years what we he want the AD at Kentucky to do?"

regi

Quote from: hogluv on January 02, 2010, 12:34:00 pm
Ask him to be honest with himself and the people. He grew up a Kentucky Fan and he played for them. "If Kentucky was doing this poorly with a coach after 3 years what we he want the AD at Kentucky to do?"

For the 1 millionth time, we are not now, ever were, or will ever be UK. Their basketball program support could finance their entire sports program. That is who they are, basketball. The Football coach could go 7-5 from now till the Sun explodes and have that job up until the explosion.

Now, if any program in the SEC was the total mess that UA currently is, that coach would be in major trouble. We are not only bad on and off the court now, it is hard to see this coming to an end anytime soon. I think finances and not enough people wanting to foot the bill for a firing, keep Pel in place for 1 or 2 more years, long enough to get us out of APR hell.

oscardelahoga

In the late 80's and early 90's we were as good or better that Kentucky.

chiefsfan

Quote from: oscardelahoga on January 02, 2010, 01:21:58 pm
In the late 80's and early 90's we were as good or better that Kentucky.

thats questionable.

and it was also 20 years ago.    you can blame Pelphrey for alot of things but blaming him for not getting us to a kentucky level in 3 years isnt one of them. 
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

wildcathawg

yeah we arent KY but we can become like KY. there is nothinf special about southern kentucky, it is no more a desirable place than nw arkansas. so what is the difference? the expectation and commitment to winning. the only way to have KY success is to demand KY success - get rid of pel and hire someone that can brings recruits and the national spotlight.

hogluv

Thank you wildcathawg. These people who do not demand better I hope they do not have kids. As parents do they tell their kids " you were born to a loser and you should never strive for anything better"

RedSatinHog

Quote from: regi on January 02, 2010, 12:56:09 pm
For the 1 millionth time, we are not now, ever were, or will ever be UK. Their basketball program support could finance their entire sports program. That is who they are, basketball. The Football coach could go 7-5 from now till the Sun explodes and have that job up until the explosion.

No.  The terms of Houston Nutt, Lou Holtz, and Ken Hatfield simply prove otherwise.

QuoteNow, if any program in the SEC was the total mess that UA currently is, that coach would be in major trouble. We are not only bad on and off the court now, it is hard to see this coming to an end anytime soon. I think finances and not enough people wanting to foot the bill for a firing, keep Pel in place for 1 or 2 more years, long enough to get us out of APR hell.

A single 2-win campaign in the SEC would have gotten Pel or any other coach canned at Kentucky.  We're in the middle of what will be as bad if not worse than that for a second consecutive year.

The APR dilemna is strictly handcuffing Pel.  I recognize that, but it will get no better so long as we keep sending 5-6 players packing at the end of each year.  The number of one and dones he's had in his tenure at the UA is staggering to say the very least.  Yeah, they didn't pan out in many cases, but in most of those cases he's the one who recruited and signed them to begin with.  At some point, the responsibility has to fall on his shoulders.  Year #3 is an appropriate time at most any program in the country when and where no real progress or improvement are being seen.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

RedSatinHog

hogluv

I am pretty sure it is on Monday nights some restaurant in Fayetteville. Pel is suppose to take live (not screened email) questions.

regi

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 03, 2010, 08:40:23 am
No.  The terms of Houston Nutt, Lou Holtz, and Ken Hatfield simply prove otherwise.

A single 2-win campaign in the SEC would have gotten Pel or any other coach canned at Kentucky.  We're in the middle of what will be as bad if not worse than that for a second consecutive year.

The APR dilemna is strictly handcuffing Pel.  I recognize that, but it will get no better so long as we keep sending 5-6 players packing at the end of each year.  The number of one and dones he's had in his tenure at the UA is staggering to say the very least.  Yeah, they didn't pan out in many cases, but in most of those cases he's the one who recruited and signed them to begin with.  At some point, the responsibility has to fall on his shoulders.  Year #3 is an appropriate time at most any program in the country when and where no real progress or improvement are being seen.

I was talking about the Kentucky football coach.

Temprees

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 02, 2010, 01:23:17 pm
thats questionable.

and it was also 20 years ago.    you can blame Pelphrey for alot of things but blaming him for not getting us to a kentucky level in 3 years isnt one of them. 
He hasn't gotten us to UAB or Baylor level.

Danny J

Quote from: Temprees on January 04, 2010, 01:43:13 am
He hasn't gotten us to UAB or Baylor level.
That is sad. Surely in a coaches 3rd year we could compete with those schools. Hell, we couldnt even compete with Pelphreys school we hired him away from. The losses to ETSU and Morgan state really sting. Overtime with App. state. All of this in the once MIGHTY BASKETBALL PALACE OF MID AMERICA. I hope most people around the country are watchiing something else tuesday when texas rolls in.

Marshfieldhog

We were better than kentucky in the late 80s and ealry 90s..they were not very good during some of those years. In fact I bet from the mid 70s to the mid 90s we were better or just as good. Maybe someone can pull the records for that 20 year span

RedSatinHog

Quote from: regi on January 03, 2010, 11:00:41 pm
I was talking about the Kentucky football coach.

Thanks for clearing that up.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 04, 2010, 07:43:58 am
We were better than kentucky in the late 80s and ealry 90s..they were not very good during some of those years. In fact I bet from the mid 70s to the mid 90s we were better or just as good. Maybe someone can pull the records for that 20 year span

We only really have one year to compare that to, and that would be 1978.  We all know how that head to head matchup turned out for us.

In fact, we had never beaten Kentucky in our program's history until our first SEC regular season tilt in Rupp Arena, the day of Oliver Miller's little pirouette at the free throw line and Nolan's sprint off the court and out of the arena right after the game was over.

hogluv

Well maybe we should strive to be more like NJIT, the WORST team in basketball. Sure we are not Kentucky but in order to get better you look at teams that are a successful. Ohio State has never been crap in basketball. They were good in the in the early 90's with Jimmy Jackson, but they hire Thad Matta and they are very competitive with GREAT recruiting classes. Maybe you guys need to remind them they are NO KENTUCKY so they should be ashamed of themselves for getting a good coach and making themselves better!!!