Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate WINDSTREAM!!!

Started by JIMMY BOARFFETT, May 15, 2015, 05:44:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY BOARFFETT

May 15, 2015, 05:44:38 pm Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:44:18 pm by Doug
My current speed:

(Fixing image)
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

TomasPistola

That's pretty sucktastic.

I hate Windstream for you.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Doug

Yeah, I'd hate Windstream, too, if I had 'em. ;)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

TomasPistola

Quote from: Doug on May 15, 2015, 08:42:49 pm

Yeah, I'd hate Windstream, too, if I had 'em. ;)

I'll just put this here.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Three and Snout

Is this where I (wirelessly) show how big my...download speed is?

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I was moaning about my crappy internet service...so, how did it turn into a sausage fest?  Although, some of that is pretty impressive.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Three and Snout on May 15, 2015, 11:11:41 pm

Is this where I (wirelessly) show how big my...download speed is?

Who in the heck is your provider and how close do you live to their hub?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Doug

It says who his provider is (Cox). I suspect he's got Fibre Optic or a business account. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

GolfNut57

Dang.........I use AT&T and my numbers are 22.+ DL speed, 4.6+ upload and a Ping of around 50. Mine didn't give me a grade on the screen like yall got above though. Of course this is for my residence so I have no idea what kind of cables AT&T uses for their transmissions.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ricepig

I hate Windstream because it was a lousy investment.

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Three and Snout

Quote from: Doug on May 16, 2015, 03:38:23 pm
It says who his provider is (Cox). I suspect he's got Fibre Optic or a business account. :)

I wish I had fiber!  Got the Cox Ultimate Package tier of internet service.  http://www.cox.com/aboutus/policies/speedsusage.cox  Can't beat their speed in my area.

My Macbook Air doesn't have an ethernet port, so every test I run is over my 1G Wifi network.  However, it's not unusual to have results like this during off-peak hours.  Running an ARRIS/Motorola SurfBoard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem that is capable of 16 downstream channels, but Cox only offers 8 in my area.  Hopefully, they will make upgrades to 12 or 16 in the future and not just wait until fiber is available, so I can take advantage of the higher download speeds the modem can handle.

DeWayne R

December 17, 2015, 10:52:46 am #12 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:01:56 pm by DeWayne R

That's at work.

Using IPhone wifi hotspot at home.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Wildhog

At work:

DL speed:  343.16
Upload:  49.32
Ping: 26
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

majestic

I get (pay for) 60 down, 15 up with a 20 ping at home. My offices are on guaranteed 10 up and down.  I like the big numbers like anyone else, but what do you need gigabit speeds for? I don't have any issues with those speeds I posted.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08