Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beach House Rental

Started by Cotton, June 25, 2020, 09:02:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

We've got a group of 8 Adults, 2 Preteens (Siblings), and a 2-year old wanting to rent a house down on the coast in mid-September.

5 bedroom, would like a pool but not necessary.

Looking between Gulf Shores and Pensacola preferably, open to Destin area if needed.

What experiences have you guys had renting a house? Who from?

Anybody use VBRO?

Also, we are probably going to rent a suburban or similar.  Any secrets to getting a good rate?

TIA
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

kingofdequeen

I watched this Madeline McCann thing the other day.   good luck.

HogPharmer

Jahog2020 has a house in Fort Morgan I think he rents out thru VRBO and stuff.

Maybe try PM'ing him.

Quote from: Jahog2020 on December 13, 2019, 02:54:07 pm
I have a 5 bedroom gulf front house in ft morgan....dog friendly
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Cotton

Quote from: HogPharmer on June 25, 2020, 09:56:14 am
Jahog2020 has a house in Fort Morgan I think he rents out thru VRBO and stuff.

Maybe try PM'ing him.
Good eye. Sent him a PM.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jackrabbit Hog

Last fall we stayed at a place in Perdido Key that my wife found on VRBO.  It was nice but it was a high rise condo set up.  Doesn't sound like that's what you are really after.

As for the secret for a good car rental, pay your dam bills on time and they'll rent you one on credit, dumas.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Cotton on June 25, 2020, 09:02:42 am

Also, we are probably going to rent a suburban or similar.  Any secrets to getting a good rate?

TIA

Book now as COVID concern is high again in FL

Cotton

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 25, 2020, 04:17:51 pm
Last fall we stayed at a place in Perdido Key that my wife found on VRBO.  It was nice but it was a high rise condo set up.  Doesn't sound like that's what you are really after.

As for the secret for a good car rental, pay your dam bills on time and they'll rent you one on credit, dumas.
How was Perdido? 

We're looking for a house to make sure we have beach space and don't really want a condo since we have 3 little ones and a preggo going.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 25, 2020, 04:47:13 pm
Book now as COVID concern is high again in FL
Which is actually making me think I should wait to book.  If it spikes and there's less tourists, we might get a cheaper rate closer to the fact.

And there's always the concern that we book early, and then they shut down travel.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

sowmonella

Just back from this place on 30A in Santa Rosa Beach. Less than 50 yards p
From Gulf. 5 bedrooms plus 2 bedrooms in pool house (one very small). Rented through Vrbo.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Cotton

Quote from: sowmonella on June 26, 2020, 09:46:50 am
Just back from this place on 30A in Santa Rosa Beach. Less than 50 yards p
From Gulf. 5 bedrooms plus 2 bedrooms in pool house (one very small). Rented through Vrbo.
NVM - Found the link.

What were your thoughts?

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

oldman1015

We've rented  for years from Mayer real Estate in Gulf Shores.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on June 26, 2020, 10:53:31 am
We've rented  for years from Mayer real Estate in Gulf Shores.
Meyer? We usually use them when we stay at Ft Morgan.

Don't forget to check Airbnb

Cotton

Quote from: FelonylHog on July 23, 2020, 07:49:23 am
I have a small place, 4000 sq ft or so that I sometimes rent to fellow hogs.  Right on the beach and has an super infinity pool....750 a night.
Where at? Our plans are still up in the air with all this going on but we're hoping to still make a trip.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jahog2020

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 10, 2020, 09:49:39 pm
Meyer? We usually use them when we stay at Ft Morgan.

Don't forget to check Airbnb

Meyer is our management company that we use for our place.  They do a good job. Unfortunately,  Sally hit ours pretty hard.  We are still rebuilding...mostly fighting with the insurance company.   Its amazing how they argue over what is wind or flood or water damage and try to get out of paying. 

Hopefully we will be able to rent again by next month . 

Bolos Old Lady

Bolo and I use Meyer when we have a romantic getaway to the redneck riviera

Jahog2020

Quote from: Jahog2020 on December 04, 2020, 07:19:16 am
Meyer is our management company that we use for our place.  They do a good job. Unfortunately,  Sally hit ours pretty hard.  We are still rebuilding...mostly fighting with the insurance company.   Its amazing how they argue over what is wind or flood or water damage and try to get out of paying. 

Hopefully we will be able to rent again by next month .

After a long several months, we finally were able to open our place up to rent again.  Contractors down there suck and are full of crap. I made several trips down with alot of empty promises. But finally are generating some income again. It's been painful!

HogPharmer

Quote from: Jahog2020 on May 24, 2021, 10:50:22 pm
After a long several months, we finally were able to open our place up to rent again.  Contractors down there suck and are full of crap. I made several trips down with alot of empty promises. But finally are generating some income again. It's been painful!

If you don't mind me asking, are your rates significantly higher than they were in 2019? Seems like everywhere is. I didn't know if it is due to higher than usual demand, making up for lost revenue over the last year and a half, or a combination of those things and possibly others?

My wife and I rented a 1 BR condo in Gulf shores last week and for 4 nights is was like $1300. When we stayed in Pensacola Beach a few years back, I don't think it was much more for the 2 BR condo we rented (literally double the size) for like 6 nights.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.