Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No name to Fame!

Started by marycomegetsomeham, April 05, 2014, 09:18:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

marycomegetsomeham

in honor of the first game and given the fact that spring training is in swing, whos your pick of the guy on offence and defense that is making noise now but was a nonfactor last year.
  I'll go first. For Auburn on offence theres been some serious buzz on a couple of guys that didnt play last year, my pick here is RB peyton barber. lots of buzz.
  on defense a new guy that has came in and turned heads is safety Derrick Moncrief. he will start vs arkansas.
  so lets hear it. who is your pick for no name to fame for the Hogs?!

OptimusHog

Hopefully the rebirth of Brandon Allen will bring some positives that were missed last season.

marycomegetsomeham

Quote from: OptimusHog on April 05, 2014, 09:20:14 pm
Hopefully the rebirth of Brandon Allen will bring some positives that were missed last season.
nothing more dangerous then a returning stating qb. bert seems pleased with him for sure. i like your pick

OTTER

Quote from: marycomegetsomeham on April 05, 2014, 09:26:39 pm
nothing more dangerous then a returning stating qb. bert seems pleased with him for sure. i like your pick
The name ain't Bert, which makes your post nothing more than a lame trolling attempt.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ricepig

Quote from: OTTER on April 05, 2014, 09:55:01 pm
The name ain't Bert, which makes your post nothing more than a lame trolling attempt.

That, and he's either on the fence, or offence??

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Switchback

Quote from: marycomegetsomeham on April 05, 2014, 09:26:39 pm

Why did you call him Bert?

marycomegetsomeham

my dyslexia kicking in. bret.

OTTER

BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

redswarmrising

offensive i think will be Keon Hatcher.defensive will either be TQ Coleman or Martrell Spaight

bennyl08

Quote from: redswarmrising on April 05, 2014, 11:11:41 pm
offensive i think will be Keon Hatcher.defensive will either be TQ Coleman or Martrell Spaight

Is hatcher a no name? He is our best returning wideout that was healthy last season.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

redswarmrising

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 05, 2014, 11:17:49 pm
Is hatcher a no name? He is our best returning wideout that was healthy last season.

other teams fans probably don't know his name that well because BA was too busy throwing to Herndon and Hatcher didn't get enough passes thrown his way IMO.so that's why i listed him as a no name but i think everybody will hear him talked about more this coming season

Ragnar Hogbrok

April 06, 2014, 07:50:54 am #12 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:11:57 am by Nate(wocraig)Craig
Quote from: marycomegetsomeham on April 05, 2014, 09:18:33 pm
  in honor of the first game and given the fact that spring training is in swing, whos your pick of the guy on offence and defense that is making noise now but was a nonfactor last year.
  I'll go first. For Auburn on offence theres been some serious buzz on a couple of guys that didnt play last year, my pick here is RB peyton barber. lots of buzz.
  on defense a new guy that has came in and turned heads is safety Derrick Moncrief. he will start vs arkansas.

Just curious, where did your username come from?

Also, this is America.  We didn't fight an entire Revolutionary War and subsequent War of 1812 and whip the British to spell "offense" like you did:  "offence."

EDIT:  Sorry, that sounded rude.  Didn't mean for it to be.  Just curious about the name and poking a little fun.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: OptimusHog on April 05, 2014, 09:20:14 pm

Amen!
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Wise as our DE replacement will be welcoming the SEC to his reign of terror!  :D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

RazorBassin

Dean is my no name to fame, maybe Otha Peters.  Guess we will see...

East TN HAWG

My guess would have to be Morgan or Sprinkle.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Sprinkle and coley or dean

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

bennyl08

wupigsuey

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 06, 2014, 12:09:59 pm
ISWYDT

;)  That's the first time I've ever seen a coach do that. If I were coach I'd do it all the time. Don't know how they keep up with everyones name/number.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

TheRazorback500

Chris Jones and Arkadie.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

PonderinHog

Our new kicker.  I don't know his name.

cmiller01

I think Coley and Dean are names we're going to here a lot.

bennyl08

hogville38

Otha or Jared Collins on d. Wilson on offense.

Prestworthy

Jared Cornelius. Looked great yesterday.

popcornhog

Quote from: marycomegetsomeham on April 05, 2014, 09:18:33 pm

Are you English?
WPS

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: marycomegetsomeham on April 05, 2014, 10:29:33 pm
my dyslexia kicking in. bret.
If you can spell "dyslexia" right, but not "Bret", then that's some weird form of dyslexia.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."