Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hire Miles, let him bring back Chavis and Keep Enos?

Started by WOOPIGMAN, September 26, 2017, 02:32:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2017, 08:00:05 pm
not with the mortgage payment we have on that stadium expansion.  the program is on the hook for 160 mill. 

with reports of revenues being down this year, we won't be shelling out cash for a buy out or a new coach.

Yeah, but they'll lose money next year too if the football program finishes 4-8 like we almost certainly will. The fans are tired of this Razorback team that just loses too many heart-wrenching games. What's the point of expanding your stadium, if you won't even sell out every time? If something doesn't change, that is exactly what will happen.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2017, 08:04:42 pm
miles is senile and past his prime.  you might have had a point 10 years ago.

And this just demonstrates how ridiculous hogville can be at times. "Oh crap, he just called us on our stats......let's bash Miles character(which has never come into question) and mental state now......"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 27, 2017, 08:07:05 pm
And this just demonstrates how ridiculous hogville can be at times. "Oh crap, he just called us on our stats......let's bash Miles character(which has never come into question) and mental state now......"
every listen to one of his interviews? where is he coaching now?  surely someone who is as experienced, accomplished, and as mentally sharp as Miles would have numerous job offers by now...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2017, 08:17:58 pm
every listen to one of his interviews? where is he coaching now?  surely someone who is as experienced, accomplished, and as mentally sharp as Miles would have numerous job offers by now...

See, you're just attacking his character. Miles got fired towards the begining of the season. And there were no big name openings last year at the end of the season. Texas wanted Tom Herman....Wanted him from the start....but alot of sources from even ESPN said that Miles might've been their number two choice. But they wanted Herman because he's the new hot-shot hire everyone was looking for. Especially after the way he turned Houston around. Miles wouldn't have worked in Oregon because the Pac-12 is a totally different world and the styles wouldn't have been anywhere similar. My guess is that Ole Miss has tried to go after him, but who wants to coach at a program amidst an NCAA investigation. I believe that A&M will ultimately get Miles. I think they fire Sumlin or he leaves this season and Miles will once again give us the beatdown almost every season.....

PorkSoda

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 27, 2017, 08:26:22 pm
See, you're just attacking his character.
I'm not attacking his character.  I like Les.  he's one of those guys that you can tell has no real idea what is going on what he is doing, but by gosh he is going to to it with energy.   He is 100% on planet Les.  That's cool, its genuine, you can't fake it.  Hiring him here at Arkansas would be like asking him to fake it. 

He accomplished a lot, and its time for him to hang out on his back porch and enjoy his family. nothing wrong with that.  the game is changing and you can't expect a guy like les to change with it.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 27, 2017, 08:26:22 pm
I think they fire Sumlin or he leaves this season and Miles will once again give us the beatdown almost every season.....
his record against arkansas is 7-5  that is one game above .500

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2017, 08:30:45 pm
I'm not attacking his character.  I like Les.  he's one of those guys that you can tell has no real idea what is going on what he is doing, but by gosh he is going to to it with energy.   He is 100% on planet Les.  That's cool, its genuine, you can't fake it.  Hiring him here at Arkansas would be like asking him to fake it. 

He accomplished a lot, and its time for him to hang out on his back porch and enjoy his family. nothing wrong with that.  the game is changing and you can't expect a guy like les to change with it.

Yeah, no idea what's going on. Won a national title and played in two National title games, but has no idea what's going on. Hey, aren't you the guy who claimed I'd never looked at a stat sheet before for saying I felt we were more of a pass team than a run team......

Looks like you don't know how to take your own advice or you'd realize that Mile actually might know something about football....

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2017, 08:33:59 pm
his record against arkansas is 7-5  that is one game above .500

That's still two more wins than us......I think win the opponent has more wins than you.....what do they call it....oh yeah.....a WINNING RECORD......Again, look at your stats........Miles was a good coach. Hogville bashes him simply because he used to be an LSU guy.....

PorkSoda

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 27, 2017, 08:37:24 pm
That's still two more wins than us......I think win the opponent has more wins than you.....what do they call it....oh yeah.....a WINNING RECORD......Again, look at your stats........Miles was a good coach. Hogville bashes him simply because he used to be an LSU guy.....
you said its a beat down almost every year, while in fact it has been quite competitive. 

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2017, 09:05:56 pm
you said its a beat down almost every year, while in fact it has been quite competitive.

We got lucky.....ALOT.......whereas LSU always had very strong wins.....

Wildhog

At least no one is coming in and supporting this absurd idea.  Thank God.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 27, 2017, 09:17:57 pm
We got lucky.....ALOT.......whereas LSU always had very strong wins.....

lulz, okay.......

Roaringboar

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 09:28:09 pm

Again, provide stats to prove the idea is absurd........what stat indicates Miles is an awful coach......Oh wait, there aren't any..........

Wildhog

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 27, 2017, 09:29:29 pm
Again, provide stats to prove the idea is absurd........what stat indicates Miles is an awful coach......Oh wait, there aren't any..........

Because I've watched us take inferior talent and beat him quite frequently.  I seent it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 09:30:44 pm
Because I've watched us take inferior talent and beat him quite frequently.  I seent it.
remember that game LSU had against Tennessee where there was like 13 guys on the field and a bunch of other penalties?   

do you remember what happened with that?

found it:

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2015/5/27/8663599/what-if-too-many-men-on-the-field-in-2010-lsu-game

"The Tigers scrambled to the line without any timeouts and with the clock ticking down past 25 seconds remaining, and as the game clock ticked down to 16 seconds left, three LSU players ran onto the field as substitutes. The players were apparently mistaken, however, as the three Tigers being substituted ran off in confusion. In response, Tennessee substituted defensive personnel as well, shuffling off and bringing on players in a wild frenzy."

"Tennessee had too many men on the field. As three players ran off the field, four Vols ran on, and as if that wasn't bad enough, one of the players running off decided to run back on, The Vols ended up with 13 men on the field before the snap."

PonderinHog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 09:28:09 pm
This is a joke, right?  Wait, are they serious ???

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

dmaxfan

Why does everyone want to keep Enos. We know that Bret can't outscheme anyone and leaves it up to Enos, but he has shown, he can't outscheme anyone either. He's worse than Cheney, but for some reason, everyone hates Cheney, and praises Enos
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Wildhog

Quote from: dmaxfan on September 27, 2017, 11:15:07 pm
Why does everyone want to keep Enos. We know that Bret can't outscheme anyone and leaves it up to Enos, but he has shown, he can't outscheme anyone either. He's worse than Cheney, but for some reason, everyone hates Cheney, and praises Enos

Enos was great when we had a competent OL.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Broadway Rob

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 26, 2017, 02:49:18 pm
He could recruit at LSU. Not the same as Arkansas. Louisiana kids are dying to go to LSU , do you really think they'd want to come to Arkansas just because Miles was here?

Les Miles:

"Listen to this happenstance young man, I have taken a team to the promise land multiple times.  We've won the big once and I'm looking to do it again here in AR-Kansas.  (Pauses to eat some grass), I promise that if you come play for me, you'll be courageously led each and every Saturday.  You'll swim in the pond of awesomeness with the football gods.  You'll be a better man and you'll kiss lots of girls.  You in?" 

We'd instantly shoot to top 15 in recruiting rankings.

In a seriousness, if anyone thinks Les Miles isn't an upgrade over CBB, you're simply not an educated football fan.  You can say you don't want him, that's fine.  But don't lie about his record.  I also believe that getting fired might've cured his shortcomings.  He may now understand that if his offense isn't effective, he has to change some things or he may lose his job. 

So, in conclusion, considering how much I'd love to see his press conferences and how I think he could win 10 games if given a chance (Louisiana kids come to Arkansas all the time), I'd love to have him over CBB.  HIRE LES MILES!
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

dmaxfan

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 11:21:14 pm
Enos was great when we had a competent OL.

What game/year was Enos great? The Toledo loss? 
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 26, 2017, 02:38:58 pm
have you looked at our season stats?

121 Rushes vs 72 passes (38 completions 53%)

we are and have been and will continue to be a rushing team.
But we have given up 11 sacks so far if my numbers are correct?  Brings rush total down to 110 and pass up to 83.  Some run out the clock rushing plays vs FAU.  Close to 50/50.  If we could pass pro, we would be tossing it more.

moses_007

Quote from: Broadway Rob on September 28, 2017, 05:24:13 am
Les Miles:

"Listen to this happenstance young man, I have taken a team to the promise land multiple times.  We've won the big once and I'm looking to do it again here in AR-Kansas.  (Pauses to eat some grass), I promise that if you come play for me, you'll be courageously led each and every Saturday.  You'll swim in the pond of awesomeness with the football gods.  You'll be a better man and you'll kiss lots of girls.  You in?" 

In a seriousness, if anyone thinks Les Miles isn't an upgrade over CBB, you're simply not an educated football fan.  You can say you don't want him, that's fine.  But don't lie about his record.  I also believe that getting fired might've cured his shortcomings.  He may now understand that if his offense isn't effective, he has to change some things or he may lose his job. 

So, in conclusion, considering how much I'd love to see his press conferences and how I think he could win 10 games if given a chance (Louisiana kids come to Arkansas all the time), I'd love to have him over CBB.  HIRE LES MILES!

No doubt Les Miles would be a huge upgrade over Bielema.  He's a much better recruiter, and he's always fielded terrific defenses at LSU.  He'd need someone like Enos to run the offense.  And he'd have to learn how to pronounce Arkansas.  His grass eating fits in quite well with us country boys.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Broadway Rob on September 28, 2017, 05:24:13 am
Les Miles:

No, you know what the truth is......if you think Bilema is a better coach than Miles then you're just a blind Arkansas fan. Hey, I'm a Hog fan, but at least I can recognize talent when I see it. Miles did great at LSU. Top 20 program every year except those last two. Miles is still considered one of the SEC's best coaches, I mean statistically he was one of LSU greatest ever, most wins in program history.....sooooo......it sounds like people who believe Bilema is the better coach are the uneducated fans to me.......Again, if you disagree, provide some stats.......9/11 teams in the top 20...........that's not luck.....that's talent........

Roaringboar

Also finished with 10 wins in 7 of his full 10 seasons.......that's 70% of his career at LSU..............That was in a SEC West that has featured the Hogs with Bobby Petrino, Nick Saban's 'Bama Dynasty, a talented Auburn under Chizik then under Malzan, a Hugh Freize Ole Miss, Dan Mullen's Miss State, A Johnny Football led A&M..........

And if you look at his coaching tree it includes: Mike Gundy, Bo Pelini, and Jimbo Fisher, two guys who are two of the best coaches in the NCAA today, and Bo Pelini who was a great coach, but got screwed by Nebraska.........SO again....this just shoots the idea down that Miles was an idiot and didn't know anything about football..........He was a great football who's legacy is still going strong today.....

PorkSoda

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 28, 2017, 07:12:14 pm
No, you know what the truth is......if you think Bilema is a better coach than Miles then you're just a blind Arkansas fan. Hey, I'm a Hog fan, but at least I can recognize talent when I see it. Miles did great at LSU. Top 20 program every year except those last two. Miles is still considered one of the SEC's best coaches, I mean statistically he was one of LSU greatest ever, most wins in program history.....sooooo......it sounds like people who believe Bilema is the better coach are the uneducated fans to me.......Again, if you disagree, provide some stats.......9/11 teams in the top 20...........that's not luck.....that's talent........
last I checked arkansas in not LSU.   

check the state recruiting rankings arkansas usually has a top 10 or 15 on a good year.  Louisiana has a top 100.

last year Arkansas had 16 - 3 star and above and Louisiana had 80.

Arkansas and Louisianna are nothing alike in terms of instate recruiting

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 28, 2017, 07:29:25 pm
last I checked arkansas in not LSU.   

check the state recruiting rankings arkansas usually has a top 10 or 15 on a good year.  Louisiana has a top 100.

last year Arkansas had 16 - 3 star and above and Louisiana had 80.

Arkansas and Louisianna are nothing alike in terms of instate recruiting

So what??? That's part of being a coach in the SEC.....you go out and recruit talent from across the nation and you develop what you do get.....and let's face it, kids will come to play for Miles......He's put alot of kids in the NFL too, maybe not as many as Urban Meyer and Nick Saban, but he's a proven coach.....everyone acts like the only way the Hogs will win is with in-state talent, but sometimes it takes more than that.....Collins wasn't in-state, neither was Whaley.........And one of the thing all Hog fans agreed Bilema needed to do right away when coming to Arkansas was be able to recruit Texas......Not Arkansas.....Texas......Miles would get the recruits here, I have no doubt......He would bring a type of professionalism that make kids realize they could come he, play for a great coach, and maybe make a big enough statement to go onto the next level......In-state talent isn't the key unless you get a coach who can develop them......sort of like Miles did with his talent......

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 28, 2017, 07:35:54 pm
So what??? That's part of being a coach in the SEC.....you go out and recruit talent from across the nation and you develop what you do get.....and let's face it, kids will come to play for Miles............

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ncaa.com/amp/news/football/article/2016-09-07/college-football-schools-most-players-nfl
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Roaringboar

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 28, 2017, 07:43:22 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ncaa.com/amp/news/football/article/2016-09-07/college-football-schools-most-players-nfl

If that's in support of everything I'm saying then I agree. That proves Miles knows how to coach talent since currently LSU leads the amount of pros in the NFL today......it's like I said, I just find it pathetic all of these people saying Miles was a terrible coach...I mean.....COME ON.....WHERE IS THERE ONE STAT TO BACK THAT UP?

Qadi999

Roaringboar

Quote from: Qadi999 on September 28, 2017, 07:50:28 pm
John L Smith could be a great recruiter at LSU.

Look, this is how absolutely dumb everyone's logic on Hogville is, everyone is saying "Miles didn't coach LSU, the job basically coached itself"

If that's the case, why is Orgeron already struggling. He's a very football-intelligent coach.....He turned USC around when they fired Sarkisian.......if LSU is such an easy job, why is it he's already feeling the hot seat because of under-performance......

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WOOPIGMAN on September 26, 2017, 02:32:51 pm
?

Les Miles? Leslie? The one who referred to Arkansas as Ar-Kansas? The one who giggled while his QB ripped open his chest and pulled a heart out...right after we had a player pass away from a heart condition? That Leslie?

I don't want that dude within a thousand miles of this program..not if he had Bobby as his OC and Venables as his DC and brought the mascot Trooper Taylor into recruit.

I would rather have Nutt back here before that bum.

PRJ

thebignasty

This has got to be dreamt up by some no good never do well.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 28, 2017, 07:12:14 pm

Ummmm, reread my post chief.  It was pro Les Miles.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.