Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game camera help

Started by RAZ FAN, January 16, 2015, 10:52:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZ FAN

Looking to buy a couple of game cameras for deer hunting property. Any tips/suggestions for a reasonable priced/ quality camera would be appreciated.

95_alum

Having great results with my Bushnell Trophy Cams. Important to note that they are the Bone Collector series.

Piney Woods Rooter

Moultrie a 880's are a. Very good camera have 4 of them.

BirdDawg

I have had great luck with Primos truth Cam 46. I have 4 others that are different brands and this one is vastly superior to the others

Rzbakfromwaybak

I have 3 of the Covert MPE5 camera's.  This is just an entry level camera 6MP, no bells & whistles, only 4 program options, & about a 40-45ft. flash range. Does take great pics, reliable & easy to use.  Paid $79 for mine, very happy.  Got 7,000 pics, on one set of 8 AA batteries.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hogless on January 17, 2015, 09:18:04 pm

Moultrie a 880's are a. Very good camera have 4 of them.

My buddy has about a dozen game camera's.  He has 2 of the Moultrie 880's, & they are his favorite.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

toshortrock

well,,d Moultrie;s I have ever had sucked,,,,get a primo
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

grayhawg

I have tried Moultrie and Bushnell but I prefer the Cuddeback over both of them.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I saw Covert brand mentioned above.  I have six of the Covert Red 40.  The batteries last and last.  That is a huge cost savings compared to other cameras I've used.  $155-$185 price range.

http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/extreme-red-40/
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

HogBreath

Quote from: grayhawg on January 19, 2015, 09:35:21 am
I have tried Moultrie and Bushnell but I prefer the Cuddeback over both of them.
Cuddebacks are good, hard to beat...have had good luck with 1 Moultrie, but I have 1 that acts weird, works sometimes, sometimes it don't.  Just got a wild game,  so far looks to be pretty well designed and all.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Hog1952

I have 5 and like my Bushnells the best and they are small. Great battery life.