Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Doe with antlers

Started by Wayne Watson, November 21, 2014, 08:04:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

DOGALUM

Hey....it's 2014.   That doe identified as a buck......so it's a buck. 

It had struggled fitting in for it's first years in the forest.   Never quite felt like "one of the does".   Every time the rut came around, all she wanted to do was check her scrapes and sniff her "friend's" asses.   He felt so liberated when he finally let everyone know the real deer that he was inside.    (Not that it can actually do the things bucks do.....with does)   So....in his/her first year of identifying publicly as a buck, what happens?   Some old school white woman puts a bullet in it.    Lol.......play with fire.

We could all learn a lesson from the life of this deer.

(sorry Wayne......neat story.....I just couldn't resist)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

woodrow hog call

I think most of the time they never shed their velvet, or some of time at least. Saw on being checked at Chaffee that was still in velvet and have seen a few pics of others that didn't either.
Nice looking deer though.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

AcornHunter

I've seen hens with spur stubs and animals of the same sex from many different species ride and rub around on each other–but never go all the way–and women with lots of hair on their upper lip but never that I know of an antlered doe, except for the one in this pic.  Thank you for the post.

Put "Homo sapiens" under the microscope, or on the couch for the fifty minute hour, and think of him as animal–he is taxonomically in that kingdom; riding and rubbing would still be truthful, but never going all the way would not be.

Such as those horns and Dog's post, along with many years of study and reading, from Leviticus to gay rights literature, have put me on another sharp, multi-pointed–nearly to the point of being classified as nontypical–set of horns:  What about all those homosexuals, can they help it?

It's rhetorical.

No matter what you're up against, try to have fun!

vandybuff

What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

root_hawg

Quite a few in Eureka Springs

PEtrader

Quote from: AcornHunter on November 22, 2014, 12:08:41 am
I've seen hens with spur stubs and animals of the same sex from many different species ride and rub around on each other–but never go all the way–and women with lots of hair on their upper lip but never that I know of an antlered doe, except for the one in this pic.  Thank you for the post.

Put "Homo sapiens" under the microscope, or on the couch for the fifty minute hour, and think of him as animal–he is taxonomically in that kingdom; riding and rubbing would still be truthful, but never going all the way would not be.

Such as those horns and Dog's post, along with many years of study and reading, from Leviticus to gay rights literature, have put me on another sharp, multi-pointed–nearly to the point of being classified as nontypical–set of horns:  What about all those homosexuals, can they help it?

It's rhetorical.

No matter what you're up against, try to have fun!

Wth?

Did you just comeout on Hogville?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

1highhog

Quote from: Wayne Watson on November 21, 2014, 08:04:47 am
Wonder how often this happens?

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/susanne-brunner/24557/ll-t6c0xP02ND0otC-y2bg

My Dad shot and killed a 6 point near Herbine when he was in his 50's, I remember that one really well.  I've also shot a doe that I thought was a spike, she had about 4" spikes.  I think it happens more often than the Game and Fish Commission know of, because people are to mistrustful as I was and the same with my dad.  If we had turned it in, they would have wrote us up or took our deer, so like slot of people would do, we got them home quick and was eating them by supper time.

Same goes with the stance the Commission takes on mountain lions or anything else, they've been shown tracks and still they say there's no mountain lions in Arkansas, and that's been back in the early 80's when they were shown tracks where we lived on the Drew and Bradley Country border.  Nope, none here.

1highhog

Thanks for posting the story by the way Wayne, that was great to see.  And what a nice rack that doe had, a 17" spread?  That's pretty sweet for anybody to have as a wallhanger.

DeltaBoy

Not often cause I never seen or heard of one.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

more often than you think.also you see turkey hens with beards
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Ragnar Hogbrok

Yep, it happens often enough that there is a lot of documentation on the mutation.  Usually, the rack is nowhere near that size, though.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

clutch

Usually at least one a year killed in the state. I see stories about them every season. As cheif said though, usually nowhere near that big though.