Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Browns fan's perspective of Peyton Hillis

Started by Seebs, December 11, 2017, 04:34:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hoghearted

Imagine what might have been if the Browns had just paid the man
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

SPAL

Quote from: hoghearted on December 11, 2017, 04:59:12 pm
Imagine what might have been if he hadn't suffered the Madden Curse Browns had just paid the man

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Seebs on December 11, 2017, 04:34:39 pm
This was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L3hsS_4Lfs

Its the Browns.  Winless now with many problems with decisions from the top.  They drafted Manziel in first round.  I went to game there 3 years ago and they have great fans that show up!

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: hoghearted on December 11, 2017, 04:59:12 pm
Imagine what might have been if the Browns had just paid the man

Paid or not the Browns feel like he quit on them and even faked injuries.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 11, 2017, 06:17:09 pm

Its the Browns.  Winless now with many problems with decisions from the top.  They drafted Manziel in first round.  I went to game there 3 years ago and they have great fans that show up!

Drafted Manziel on the advice of a homeless guy..

The former GM or the owner Haslam made the mistake of telling the media that some homeless guy outside wherever the draft was held that year told them to draft him, I guess that was the deciding factor.

Passed on Wentz in 2016, passed on Watson this past draft..

I wouldn't blame the fans for staying away in droves. Maybe they'll even hire Bert as HC..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

hawgon

What are the odds that the same program would produce Barry Foster and Peyton Hillis?  These guys had very similar stories.  They each had one single dominant season where they looked like the best in the league and then within three or four years, they were out of the league with contract disputes and odd behavior.

Pigsknuckles

Peyton became a bit of a drama queen at Cleveland. He became a paranoid basket case prior to his free agency. Thought everyone was conspiring to drive down his value. He cited the CIA story as an example. Seems that he had similar suspicions about Houston Nutt while here. Nutt was said to have described Hillis as a locker room cancer. Played in only 10 games his last season at Cleveland, and ran for only about half of his breakout season yardage, leading many to question his stability and commitment. Was offered a lucrative contract to re-sign, but it was back loaded, and didn't offer any guarantees, Hillis didn't like the way it was structured, so he walked.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

He was great when he was playing .  The White Rino !!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 12, 2017, 10:24:05 am
He was great when he was playing .  The White Rino !!

That was a dream backfield.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 12, 2017, 01:36:59 pm

Yes and with the right coach we should have won the SEC at least 2 times during their careers on the Hill.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 12, 2017, 09:38:52 am
Peyton became a bit of a drama queen at Cleveland. He became a paranoid basket case prior to his free agency. Thought everyone was conspiring to drive down his value. He cited the CIA story as an example. Seems that he had similar suspicions about Houston Nutt while here. Nutt was said to have described Hillis as a locker room cancer. Played in only 10 games his last season at Cleveland, and ran for only about half of his breakout season yardage, leading many to question his stability and commitment. Was offered a lucrative contract to re-sign, but it was back loaded, and didn't offer any guarantees, Hillis didn't like the way it was structured, so he walked.

I expect much of that is true.  With direct conversations with Browns fans the bottom line was he quit on them in more ways than one.  He was a hero there for a year then quit.  They took it personal.

Boardon Hamsay

Cleveland's best draft in a decade plus occurred in the movie "Draft Day".
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

TNRazorbacker

That he was the 3rd best back in a college backfield is insane. Has to be one of the most talented backfields in NCAA history.

hawkhawg

Remember the Browns are a franchise that had Bill Belichick as a Head Coach.  He assembled a staff that included Nick Saban, Kirk Frentz, and a coaching staff that now has 20 Super Bowl wins combined.  And they fire him.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

As a Chiefs fan I was pumped to get Hillis on the team. I was disappointed we didn't use him more. But then again, we had Jamaal Charles averaging over 5 ypc. It's a shame how his career didn't reach full potential.

hogsmash12

Quote from: hawkhawg on December 12, 2017, 10:41:32 pm
Remember the Browns are a franchise that had Bill Belichick as a Head Coach.  He assembled a staff that included Nick Saban, Kirk Frentz, and a coaching staff that now has 20 Super Bowl wins combined.  And they fire him.

Wow, just wow!!!!  Who owns the Brown's?

Bigfoot

Quote from: hawgon on December 11, 2017, 11:26:05 pm
What are the odds that the same program would produce Barry Foster and Peyton Hillis?  These guys had very similar stories.  They each had one single dominant season where they looked like the best in the league and then within three or four years, they were out of the league with contract disputes and odd behavior.

I'll never forget that run Barry had against Miami back in '88.

We had that game won.....

hawgon

Foster was drafted in the 5th round.  In his third season with the Steelers he rushed for 1,690 yards.  Injuries hurt him in his next two seasons and then he was traded to the Browns.  He signed a $1 million dollar contract and changed his mind the next day and retired.  He refunded his $300k signing bonus and walked away.

hvsupastar

Not a popular opinion but I always thought Hillis to be a bit of a drama queen. Really lost a lot of respect for him when he missed practice to go hunting while in Cleveland.  He got what he deserved. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hawgmasta

Quote from: hogsmash12 on December 13, 2017, 06:11:03 am
Wow, just wow!!!!  Who owns the Brown's?

The same guy who influenced the Tennessee search, Haslam. Obviously a pattern there. .

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 13, 2017, 11:28:01 am

I still remember Atwater's drop of an interception in the end zone! Would have ended the game for the victory for all practical purposes!   I think they scored the very next play? That still hurts!

And yea, Foster's run right up the gut was a thing of beauty!

jethro

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 12, 2017, 01:36:59 pm

Add a matt Jones or Quinn Grovey at QB and I will run triple option at you all day and dare you to stop me.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

hawgmasta

I also think Hillis would've been drafted much higher if he was coming out ten years later. Teams value guys that can do it all now more than ever, he would be a great option to run, block or catch. Best hands on those teams

j-mann

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

LittlePigMan

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 13, 2017, 11:36:42 am
Not a popular opinion but I always thought Hillis to be a bit of a drama queen. Really lost a lot of respect for him when he missed practice to go hunting while in Cleveland.  He got what he deserved.

Hey there are some huge bucks in Ohio. I can't hold that against him.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: hawgon on December 13, 2017, 11:36:11 am
Foster was drafted in the 5th round.  In his third season with the Steelers he rushed for 1,690 yards.  Injuries hurt him in his next two seasons and then he was traded to the Browns.  He signed a $1 million dollar contract and changed his mind the next day and retired.  He refunded his $300k signing bonus and walked away.

Browns.  Where players careers end

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 13, 2017, 11:28:01 am

thank you for that

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on December 12, 2017, 09:40:29 pm
That he was the 3rd best back in a college backfield is insane. Has to be one of the most talented backfields in NCAA history.
name one better
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Billy Bats