Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a win by the Hogs MN shot 37 FT to ARK 13,and still got blown out

Started by forrest city joe, December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm
This Hog team is even better than i thought. they did not let the refs take this game away from them.they went  and won anyway.and i freaking love it. this is an outstanding team folks.and o love watching them play.think about this folks.MN shot 37 FT to ARK 13,on our home court,and still got blown out. that is unreal.these Hogs are for real folks. Mike Anderson is doing a flat out great job.congrats to our players and coaches on another great win.GO HOGS.

I'm just glad that Jeff Long stuck by Mike when a few clueless fans wanted him gone. This program is only going to get better under his leadership.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorpimp on December 10, 2017, 02:39:36 pm
Come on Uncle Joe....

Again I think Mike has done a good job with recruiting but you are bragging about the 23rd ranked class in the nation and #6 in the SEC??? 

Your blind love for this coach is ridiculous
Mike's type players are not susposed to be highly ranked!! Do you see Gafford and Jones and Macon and Barford highly ranked??? I didn't think so, long, athletic guys that can shoot and has motors is Mike's type guys and he has the coming in. So I think our class ranks #1 ever in the Fastest 40 type rankings.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 10, 2017, 02:53:28 pm
I'm just glad that Jeff Long stuck by Mike when a few clueless fans wanted him gone. This program is only going to get better under his leadership.
Wrong! Again why are you on here?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hogginbama on December 10, 2017, 02:25:09 pm
I do find that quite funny. Ole Joe comes on here calling out the "realists" for only being around when the team loses, yet he is no where to be found after a game like Houston. This board and fan-base is so full of hypocrisy that it is maddening.

I avoid this place after a loss..It brings out you guys that overreact and bash Mike. This place is run over after losses and you guys are here after a big win to continue to run Mike down.
I hope the new AD locks Mike down for a long time! He is getting this thing on track and guys like you want to bitch about anything positive.

Letsroll1200

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm
This Hog team is even better than i thought. they did not let the refs take this game away from them.they went  and won anyway.and i freaking love it. this is an outstanding team folks.and o love watching them play.think about this folks.MN shot 37 FT to ARK 13,on our home court,and still got blown out. that is unreal.these Hogs are for real folks. Mike Anderson is doing a flat out great job.congrats to our players and coaches on another great win.GO HOGS.

Hey Joe....where were you at when the Hogs got blown out by Houston??

I called you out, but to no surprise you didn't show. Only gonna log in after the big wins huh?

Kneph13

I haven't been to or watched a Hog BB game since my dad died in 2006.  We used to go to three or four a year and watched them on tv together all the time.   I watched this game, the pain was still there, but my oh my, did it bring back some good memories.

It was a very good game, even though the refs tried to take it from us.  I was very impressed they looked very good and I got excited like back in the Nolan days.  Will be tuning in to all the Hogs' T.V. games.

Woo Pig!
There is no Political Correctness in war

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on December 11, 2017, 01:31:00 am

I called you out, but to no surprise you didn't show. Only gonna log in after the big wins huh?

Bringing out a blowout houston loss after a big win.

Leave.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 11, 2017, 04:17:34 am
    I haven't been to or watched a Hog BB game since my dad died in 2006.  We used to go to three or four a year and watched them on tv together all the time.   I watched this game, the pain was still there, but my oh my, did it bring back some good memories.

It was a very good game, even though the refs tried to take it from us.  I was very impressed they looked very good and I got excited like back in the Nolan days.  Will be tuning in to all the Hogs' T.V. games.
Sorry about your dad..Glad you have great memories. I am going to attend almost all of the home games. The fun is back! And we will lose some games our conference is tough.

Woo Pig!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: hogginbama on December 10, 2017, 02:25:09 pm
I do find that quite funny. Ole Joe comes on here calling out the "realists" for only being around when the team loses, yet he is no where to be found after a game like Houston. This board and fan-base is so full of hypocrisy that it is maddening.
So you noticed that too.
FCJ's hypocrisy knows no boundaries.
Gush and blow smoke after every win, but become the Invisible Man after a tough loss.
Seems to me they both happened, and you have to come to grips with each, one way or another....
But what do I know, I'm just one of those irritating 'realists'.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 10, 2017, 04:04:52 pm
Mike's type players are not susposed to be highly ranked!! Do you see Gafford and Jones and Macon and Barford highly ranked??? I didn't think so, long, athletic guys that can shoot and has motors is Mike's type guys and he has the coming in. So I think our class ranks #1 ever in the Fastest 40 type rankings.
Gafford was a Top 35 player.
MA will take as many Daniel Gaffords and Bobby Portis that he can get, I can promise you.
The more of those you get, the more you win. That's nearly always the case.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 09, 2017, 09:03:07 pm
One of the best things about winning this season has been that most of the "realists" have been too embarrassed to show up much in here.
I'm here some every week, keeping it real. There are about 10 of us, maybe.
FCJ is an idiot, yes, but he's right. It was indeed a phenomenal game by the Hogs. (and I called this game a week ago, right after the Houston loss, so props to me)
If he would been man enough to show up last week too, and commented, then he would have my respect. If you show up win, lose, or draw, I respect you.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Lanny on December 09, 2017, 10:10:20 pm
I've never seen a Razorback post player dunk as much as Gafford, he throws it down
The last one was the filthiest, the one off the curl from Macon, with about two minutes left.
I've really been impressed with some of his soft touches from about 10 feet, and he's showing some nice low-post moves lately too. Those are the things the scouts will tell him to work on. He obviously doesn't need more athleticism.
He'll be here two years max. I'm hoping for the second year. Definitely won't see a third.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on December 09, 2017, 10:11:40 pm
Nolan's goal every season, undefeated at home and break .500 on the road. Then you got something...
True.
Last year I believe we were 6-3 and 6-3? A little unusual to lose three at home.
Going 9-0 at home in the SEC is too much to expect, I think.

If you could give 7-2 at home and 5-4 on the road, I would have to take that right now, hands down. That's 12-6 and almost guaranteed NCAA bid. The non-conf is already solid. Add all of that and you would probably be looking at 5 seed.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 11, 2017, 05:46:13 am
Bringing out a blowout houston loss after a big win.

Leave.

Has literally zero to do with the loss and all to do with FCJs massive hard on for Mike Anderson. I think dude has a crush on him. Its pretty gross

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 11, 2017, 11:40:57 pm
FCJ is an idiot, yes, but he's right. It was indeed a phenomenal game by the Hogs. (and I called this game a week ago, right after the Houston loss, so props to me)
If he would been man enough to show up last week too, and commented, then he would have my respect. If you show up win, lose, or draw, I respect you.

I understand disagreeing with someone about basketball or a coach but do you really feel that FCJ is an idiot?

Surely you don't mean that. I disagree with him occasionally but I love his passion for the Hogs and CMA.

I think he has even said that he gets sick to his stomach after some of our football losses and I'm pretty sure that the loss to Houston a few weeks back had him sitting on the bowl for a day or two so I'm not surprised he didn't show up really. Must have hit him like a ton of bricks. For a while I was temporarily discombobulated myself. Totally understandable to want some alone time.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: razorpimp on December 10, 2017, 02:39:36 pm
Come on Uncle Joe....

Again I think Mike has done a good job with recruiting but you are bragging about the 23rd ranked class in the nation and #6 in the SEC??? 

Your blind love for this coach is ridiculous
Arkansas kids have always been undervalued when it comes to recruiting rankings. No matter the sport. You don't think Gafford should have been a 5 star?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 10, 2017, 01:37:49 pm
Voters in the polls
Hell, they've never been on the Hogs. We got a few votes in the last poll but that was about it. We still got a long way to go to earn some respect.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on December 10, 2017, 02:08:57 pm
I agree Joe, just quit disappearing when the team lays a stinker? That game was fun to watch, the building was rocking, the team was playing inspired basketball, and they beat a good Mn. team from tip to horn.
Come on man. Joe is a positive person. He can't handle all the negative ;D.

GuvHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 12, 2017, 08:16:05 am
I understand disagreeing with someone about basketball or a coach but do you really feel that FCJ is an idiot?

Surely you don't mean that. I disagree with him occasionally but I love his passion for the Hogs and CMA.

I think he has even said that he gets sick to his stomach after some of our football losses and I'm pretty sure that the loss to Houston a few weeks back had him sitting on the bowl for a day or two so I'm not surprised he didn't show up really. Must have hit him like a ton of bricks. For a while I was temporarily discombobulated myself. Totally understandable to want some alone time.

I love FCJ's passion for the Hogs as I have a huge passion for the Hogs myself. However, FCJ's love for Mike Anderson goes beyond passion. FCJ is seriously obsessed with Mike Anderson.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Youngsta71701

FineAsSwine

Quote from: GuvHog on December 12, 2017, 08:39:48 am
I love FCJ's passion for the Hogs as I have a huge passion for the Hogs myself. However, FCJ's love for Mike Anderson goes beyond passion. FCJ is seriously obsessed with Mike Anderson.

This may be true, or maybe it's not. However, it is definitely true that a few people on here are seriously obsessed with FCJ. This FCJ obsession is especially strange since we do have an ignore option on this board.
Hogs up! Covid down!

elksnort

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 11, 2017, 11:40:57 pm
Well, then I am one of the 10. I very much consider myself as a realist. The problem is with this board and frankly society in general, people have polarized minds. If you say something critical, then your are a "hater". It gets ridiculous.
I like this team. I think Mike has finally got a firm grip on the program. I was ready for him to leave after the season 2 years ago. But he seems to be getting his players and basketball is fun again on the hill.
I do expect this team to have another "Houston like" performance. It is what teams do. Seemingly, especially CMA's teams. In spite of this, I for see a sweet 16 trip. At least I hope so.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 10, 2017, 02:53:28 pm
What's next? NBA? Globetrotters? According to FCJ, this team is already a "monster"

Hopefully, we make it past opening weekend for the 1st time under CMA. GO HOGS!
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 11, 2017, 11:33:23 pm
So you noticed that too.
FCJ's hypocrisy knows no boundaries.
Gush and blow smoke after every win, but become the Invisible Man after a tough loss.
Seems to me they both happened, and you have to come to grips with each, one way or another....
But what do I know, I'm just one of those irritating 'realists'.
No you're just one of many and more than 10 on here that have a hatred for Mike. I get a kick out of you calling yourself realist because you have a low opinion of Mike, Arkansas and anything positive.

Realist=Anti Mike and Anti Arkansas and are never happy only when forced to give praise do you actually give Mike credit. I avoid this place like Joe after a loss because you fake ass realists bask in you glory over every loss...

Tiresome and old Mike is the Razorback Coach and I hope we nail him down for a long time.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 12, 2017, 06:22:49 pm
No you're just one of many and more than 10 on here that have a hatred for Mike. I get a kick out of you calling yourself realist because you have a low opinion of Mike, Arkansas and anything positive.

Realist=Anti Mike and Anti Arkansas and are never happy only when forced to give praise do you actually give Mike credit. I avoid this place like Joe after a loss because you fake ass realists bask in you glory over every loss...

Tiresome and old Mike is the Razorback Coach and I hope we nail him down for a long time.
I'm one of the ones that does not avoid it and I trash all the bashers all night after every post they post that night until it's not worth for them to post something bad anymore
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Johnny Bobo

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on December 12, 2017, 06:56:53 pm
Huge win

We are back

Why did it take us 20 years to rebuild?

Really really bad decisions by really important people.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 12, 2017, 04:31:15 pm
What's next? NBA? Globetrotters? According to FCJ, this team is already a "monster"

Hopefully, we make it past opening weekend for the 1st time under CMA. GO HOGS!

Hopefully we make it past the second round under ANYONE for the first time in 21 years.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 12, 2017, 06:27:18 pm
I'm one of the ones that does not avoid it and I trash all the bashers all night after every post they post that night until it's not worth for them to post something bad anymore

What is confusing is how much they rejoice in hating Mike??? The man is a very good to great coach. He is a good man. Represents this program in a very positive way.
Just a classy man who runs a clean program. IMO that is why we didn't get Monk and maybe another couple of players.

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 12, 2017, 08:16:05 am

I'll tell you why.
Because the man went on statewide radio last year and said that the coach didn't even have to win a game to maintain his support.
That shows the kind of extreme, agenda-driven nonsense that qualifies someone in the idiot category.
There's no way to defend that.
Even the half dozen other regulars on here who are in the MA fan club won't go that far.
So yes, FCJ is in a class all by himself. 

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 12, 2017, 08:19:15 am
Arkansas kids have always been undervalued when it comes to recruiting rankings. No matter the sport. You don't think Gafford should have been a 5 star?
I posted that a while back also.
I agree that Arkansas kids tend to be a little underrated, and if Gafford was ranked around #35, it wouldn't surprise me if he would be more accurately ranked in the Top 20. Based on what I've seen so far, he's easily a Top 20 freshman this year. Just one more Arkie kid who was undervalued a bit. The only other comparable frosh I've seen so far, staying in the SEC, is Sexton from Alabama.
I used Darren McFadden as an example. We all know how good he was, yet he was ranked around #25 in his class. Very high, but obviously should have been higher.

HognitiveDissonance

December 12, 2017, 11:06:23 pm #83 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:32:59 pm by HognitiveDissonance
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 12, 2017, 08:32:41 am
Come on man. Joe is a positive person. He can't handle all the negative ;D.
That's not right.
I also posted this about a year and a half ago. I was thinking back over the years of calls into DriveTime Sports, etc and he has always been one of the first people to get in line to point out things that are wrong. I remember he was quite vociferous about Houston Nutt in 2005...then they won 10 games the next year.
He's got no problem going negative. But not in this Forum. NEVER here. ;D

HognitiveDissonance

December 12, 2017, 11:19:25 pm #84 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:36:34 pm by HognitiveDissonance
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 12, 2017, 06:22:49 pm

Ah, another post from the paranoid, sycophantic members of the MA fan club. More interested in a particular coach than the Hogs, the program, and the UA. These people aren't true fans. You're totally agenda-driven, basketball is just an avenue to promote your 'message'. If FCJ is the President of the booster club, you can be Vice-President.

I've been following Razorback basketball since the late 70s. SWC tournaments, SEC Tournaments, Regional Final games, too many games to count in Fayetteville, and Little Rock. I don't get attached to coaches. (For the record, I'd probably rank Mike 3rd behind Nolan and Eddie)

I'm amused by your obsession over the perceived 'negative Nancies' and the speck in someone's eye that you can't see the beam in your own eye. You have no concept of reality. I have no doubt you're a Hog follower, but make no mistake, MA comes first, Hogs second.

Furthermore, if you do a simple search of my post history, you'll see everything you said is completely false. Again, you have no idea of what you're talking about. I say plenty of positive things. Difference is, if it's warranted, I will critique as well.

Case in point: after Saturday's game, I was listening to the post-game on the SEC Network. The guys were talking about how well the Hogs played and dominated Minnesota. Antoine Walker made similar comments, said the Hogs had a good bounce-back week which was good because 'they laid an egg last week against Houston'.

Which was funny because I said the EXACT SAME THING in so many words after that game, yet here comes the obligatory two or three attack posse members of the MA fan club to come after me with pitchforks. If Antoine Walker can state the obvious, then I can state the obvious. And will continue to do so. The Hogs have a really good team this year, there won't be too many bad moments like that forthcoming, so don't worry.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 12, 2017, 07:14:23 pm
What is confusing is how much they rejoice in hating Mike??? The man is a very good to great coach. He is a good man. Represents this program in a very positive way.
Just a classy man who runs a clean program. IMO that is why we didn't get Monk and maybe another couple of players.
That's funny. I've said all those things a half dozen times. 'Good man...represents well...classy...clean'. I've said all those things.
I believe them.
Get rid of the paranoia. See a psychiatrist.

My official opinion of MA hasn't really changed since 2011. I said he was a good coach then, and nothing has changed. He's done a good job everywhere he's been. And he's doing a good job here. The problem I had then was that I didn't see 'greatness'. I didn't see him as being the guy to restore Arkansas to national prominence. Six years have gone by and nothing has changed in my thinking. History has supported my opinion. We're doing well, but we're not elite.

The caveat to that is I think with a special class of players, like the Triplets from Arkansas in the 70s, or a great player or two from Arkansas that want to be Hogs, and love the Hogs like a Corliss Williamson, Mike can have a great, Final 4 type team. That's what I think it will take. He hasn't shown an ability to consistently land the talent from out-of-state to put together that type of team. Moses Kingsley is his best out-of-state recruit so far, he was a Top 50 player.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 12, 2017, 11:19:25 pm
Case in point: after Saturday's game, I was listening to the post-game on the SEC Network. The guys were talking about how well the Hogs played and dominated Minnesota. Antoine Walker made similar comments, said the Hogs had a good bounce-back week which was good because 'they laid an egg last week against Houston'.

Which was funny because I said the EXACT SAME THING in so many words after that game, yet here comes the obligatory two or three attack posse members of the MA fan club to come after me with pitchforks. If Antoine Walker can state the obvious, then I can state the obvious. And will continue to do so. The Hogs have a really good team this year, there won't be too many bad moments like that forthcoming, so don't worry.

It was a bad loss, whipping, butt-kicking and all around stink bomb of a game and I haven't seen anyone on here defending the teams performance in the Houston loss.

Practically every poster who commented on it said it was a terrible loss. I think the difference between you and Antoine Walker is that we haven't heard Antoine state the obvious 50 million times.  ;D

Hogs up! Covid down!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 12, 2017, 11:19:25 pm
Ah, another post from the paranoid, sycophantic members of the MA fan club. More interested in a particular coach than the Hogs, the program, and the UA. These people aren't true fans. You're totally agenda-driven, basketball is just an avenue to promote your 'message'. If FCJ is the President of the booster club, you can be Vice-President.

I've been following Razorback basketball since the late 70s. SWC tournaments, SEC Tournaments, Regional Final games, too many games to count in Fayetteville, and Little Rock. I don't get attached to coaches. (For the record, I'd probably rank Mike 3rd behind Nolan and Eddie)

I'm amused by your obsession over the perceived 'negative Nancies' and the speck in someone's eye that you can't see the beam in your own eye. You have no concept of reality. I have no doubt you're a Hog follower, but make no mistake, MA comes first, Hogs second.

Furthermore, if you do a simple search of my post history, you'll see everything you said is completely false. Again, you have no idea of what you're talking about. I say plenty of positive things. Difference is, if it's warranted, I will critique as well.

Dude you are seriously mentally ill! Not sure what type but you are on here typing way to much do defend your bashing of Mike.

I respect Mike and love how he has handled things on the hill. I value honesty and integrity greatly. I do like Mike and not ashamed I also feel like he's just now getting it in gear. If Portis and Qualls had come back like it looked like they would. We would have had a great team and made a huge jump earlier. I just believe he's heading in the right direction and we are going to get better and better. And he will then be able to recruit out of state better.

I know we will lose and look bad we did when Nolan was coach. I am so ready for the ride!! Go ahead and wallow in your opinion.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 12, 2017, 10:59:06 pm
I'll tell you why.
Because the man went on statewide radio last year and said that the coach didn't even have to win a game to maintain his support.
That shows the kind of extreme, agenda-driven nonsense that qualifies someone in the idiot category.
There's no way to defend that.
Even the half dozen other regulars on here who are in the MA fan club won't go that far.
So yes, FCJ is in a class all by himself.

Mike Anderson is the coach and will be the coach for the foreseeable future. This program is in great hands and headed in the right direction. Prior to Mike Anderson this program was dead. Mike Anderson has created a buzz around Razorback basketball again and for that he should be given credit.
Win or lose, Mike has my support because of the type of guy he is. Mike will win at Arkansas. I believe he will win a national championship at Arkansas.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 13, 2017, 10:20:56 am

It was a bad loss, whipping, butt-kicking and all around stink bomb of a game and I haven't seen anyone on here defending the teams performance in the Houston loss.

Practically every poster who commented on it said it was a terrible loss. I think the difference between you and Antoine Walker is that we haven't heard Antoine state the obvious 50 million times.  ;D
I will give you credit. I saw you post a comment like that. 'Bad game, can't defend that. move on'.

If others had done the same instead of attacking me, I would have said my peace, and moved on as well. But that's not what happened. There is always the few who will not tolerate anything less than 100% farting rainbows all the time, so I must be put down.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 13, 2017, 03:15:54 pm
Mike Anderson is the coach and will be the coach for the foreseeable future. This program is in great hands and headed in the right direction. Prior to Mike Anderson this program was dead. Mike Anderson has created a buzz around Razorback basketball again and for that he should be given credit.
Win or lose, Mike has my support because of the type of guy he is. Mike will win at Arkansas. I believe he will win a national championship at Arkansas.
I admire your optimism.

I agree with all of that, except maybe going a little too far about the program being 'dead'. There were several NCAA appearances in the Heath years. C'mon, that's hardly dead. Not too different than lately. You're right, though, as we speak, with last year's finish and most of those guys coming back, there is a lot of excitement right now. I think a lot of people think this could finally be the team that makes the Sweet 16 again.

Winning a national championship? Nothing is out of the realm of possibility, so never say never.

I did layout a scenario where a great crop of instate kids could all want to be Hogs and have a group talented enough to go all the way. That is the most likely scenario in my opinion. That would be the Triplets approach. Brewer/Delph/Moncrief all Arkies, all went to UA. They were good enough to go to the Final 4. There has been a lot of talent in Arkansas in the last 10 years. Keep most of them and it might be done. Otherwise, I don't the type of recruiting like was going on from 1985-1995 when we were getting guys right and left from other states. New York, California, Texas, Kansas, Missouri.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 13, 2017, 11:04:10 am
Dude you are seriously mentally ill! Not sure what type but you are on here typing way to much do defend your bashing of Mike.

I respect Mike and love how he has handled things on the hill. I value honesty and integrity greatly. I do like Mike and not ashamed I also feel like he's just now getting it in gear. If Portis and Qualls had come back like it looked like they would. We would have had a great team and made a huge jump earlier. I just believe he's heading in the right direction and we are going to get better and better. And he will then be able to recruit out of state better.

I know we will lose and look bad we did when Nolan was coach. I am so ready for the ride!! Go ahead and wallow in your opinion.
There you go again. 'Bashing Mike'.
First, that's not true. Second, even if it was, what's wrong with that?
This is big-time collegiate athletics. These coaches make millions of dollars and are fair game. Pick any sport, any coach, any school, and you have all kinds of commentary going on about the coach and the team. Some good, some bad, some in-between. It's all par for the course. It's not any different at the UA and all its message boards. So it's not any different for Mike Anderson, and I don't know why in the heck you would think it was. He's a big boy, he knows the game, he can take it.

Some of you have always taken this stuff WAY too personal. It's always been a very touchy subject, ever since he got here. Which makes this forum darn near unreadable at times.

Ok, now I'm challenging you. Show me one of my posts that you interpret as 'bashing Mike'. And you gotta do better than me pointing out 'we had a bad game against Houston'. So don't even use that.

I'll hang up and listen.

hogginbama

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 10, 2017, 07:08:41 pm
I avoid this place after a loss..It brings out you guys that overreact and bash Mike. This place is run over after losses and you guys are here after a big win to continue to run Mike down.
I hope the new AD locks Mike down for a long time! He is getting this thing on track and guys like you want to bitch about anything positive.

Ummm, sorry, not one of those "you guys" that you so fondly speak of. I keep it real when we give a beat down or get a beat down given to us. Unlike folks like yourself, I refuse to reach "ejaculation" when we have a good win nor do I reach "suicide watch status" when we get beat down. I have called the Hogs around the world over the past 29 yrs, in places that most grown men would darn their pants if they were told to go, so I am a bit more than a casual fan, band-wagon jumper, or doom & gloomer.

While Mike is getting it "on track", how long has it taken him? I find it odd that a b-ball coach is given more time to get something on track at a majority of colleges but football coaches are given 4-5 years max. 1 good to great recruiting class in basketball can set the team up for the next 3 years while it takes football coaches those same 3 years just to get enough quality players to field a starting lineup. Am I glad MA is here, you betcha, but if he was held to the same standard as the football team he would have been gone 2-3 years ago. My complaint is not with the players/coaches of either program...but the hypocrisy shown by those that are the decision makers based on the amount of money in their bank account.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on December 11, 2017, 01:31:00 am

Don't blame him..You were so happy about the loss it's confusing to see if you are a Hogfan? Or do you just hate Mike Anderson?

nwahogfan1

Minnesota apparently over rated or in a slump because they beat Drake at home by 2.  Minnesota was behind most of the game and was lucky to win.  They played very unmotivated ball.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 14, 2017, 05:18:13 pm
Don't blame him..You were so happy about he loss it's confusing to see if you are a Hogfan? Or do you just hate Mike Anderson?
Here's something you wrote recently:
"What the fook is a bubba cult? Jeff ran the football program into the ground and did work his boyfriend Beilema into a huge payout and even himself. Yeah he was a great business man for himself and BB."

What is this? Why all the hate? Where does this negative commentary come from? You're not supposed to do that. You just hate Jeff Long. You're just happy he and Bielema are gone because you're a hater. You're not a Hog fan.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 14, 2017, 06:03:47 pm
Here's something you wrote recently:
"What the fook is a bubba cult? Jeff ran the football program into the ground and did work his boyfriend Beilema into a huge payout and even himself. Yeah he was a great business man for himself and BB."

What is this? Why all the hate? Where does this negative commentary come from? You're not supposed to do that. You just hate Jeff Long. You're just happy he and Bielema are gone because you're a hater. You're not a Hog fan.

You compare Mike to those guys. I don't in anyway not at all. I supported BB until he was unsupportable. Long is a puke and not a good AD. All you that said he would do better than pitiful Arkansas have been proven wrong. Doesn't seem like anyone want to hire him or BB. But you continue to bring them up over and over and over.

Did you know that Mike Anderson is the current HC of the Arkansas Razorback Basketball Team? I never ran to Hogville to rejoice in a loss for the football team.

AlmaHog2011

After a little consideration you that want to criticize Mike have at it.

It's your right. I like what Mike is doing and we will probably fall on our faces another time or two this year so you guys will be able to run here and celebrate. We could not hire a better coach or man for the basketball program than Mike Anderson. I strongly support the man!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 14, 2017, 06:18:52 pm
You compare Mike to those guys. I don't in anyway not at all. I supported BB until he was unsupportable. Long is a puke and not a good AD. All you that said he would do better than pitiful Arkansas have been proven wrong. Doesn't seem like anyone want to hire him or BB. But you continue to bring them up over and over and over.

Did you know that Mike Anderson is the current HC of the Arkansas Razorback Basketball Team? I never ran to Hogville to rejoice in a loss for the football team.
I'm not giving an opinion on Long or Bielema. Not the point.
Most of what you say doesn't even apply to me, like when you say 'you people said this' or 'said that'. It's like we're having two different conversations.
I was just pointing out that if it's ok to be critical in that forum, which obviously you were, then it's ok to be critical in this forum too, so why bring the hammer down on someone else?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 14, 2017, 06:22:45 pm
After a little consideration you that want to criticize Mike have at it.

It's your right. I like what Mike is doing and we will probably fall on our faces another time or two this year so you guys will be able to run here and celebrate. We could not hire a better coach or man for the basketball program than Mike Anderson. I strongly support the man!
You're offbase again. 'Want to criticize' ? As if, someone is *looking* for reasons to be critical. Not so.

Again I will say don't lump me in with someone else.
There may be some people who only show up after losses. I can't and won't speak for them.
Even if true, there are people who only show up after wins, too. So in my mind those people cancel each other out, and that leaves the rest of us somewhere in the middle.