Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First time

Started by FullTiltBoogie, December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FullTiltBoogie

December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:16:30 pm by FullTiltBoogie
First time poster. Long time reader. Let me beat some of you to the punch and say I don't care that this is my first post nor that I just registered my account. I see those comments throughout the Hogville boards and it baffles me. I guess in the eyes of many on here, the more posts you have the more intelligent or in the know you are.

I read so many negative comments on the hire of Chad Morris that it was almost irritating. Some of those people have come around and are on board. Personally, he seems like a good hire to me and his speeches have again excited me about Razorback football. That is something that I haven't felt the last couple of seasons. Do I know a whole lot about Morris? No I don't. But what I do know is that he excited me, his stats look good on paper, he demands the floor, got players attention, and most importantly, that I'm going to give him a fair chance before I start running my mouth ridiculing the man. So many people act like they know before they have even seen what he is bringing to the table. CBB was a "proven" winner and many were thrilled about the hire. We know how that worked out. I wasn't sold on CBB but I was open minded, and wanted to see what he would do for our program before I determined the way I felt about him. I will be doing the same thing with CCM and I would hope we can all come together and show him the support he deserves in this early stage. I for one, am cautiously excited and optimistic about him. Time well tell.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

hagrock

HogFanWoody

WPS Go HOGS!

rtr

Just want to go out and holler Woo Pig Sooie!!!  I think Coach Morris is just what we need.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: hogz11 on December 07, 2017, 10:05:32 pm
Registered 30 minutes ago?

I shouldn't even entertain this as I have already stated, but yes, I just registered.

kingguter

rtr

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 10:07:59 pm
I shouldn't even entertain this as I have already stated, but yes, I just registered.
A great first post.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

swineology

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm
First time poster. Long time reader. Let me beat some of you to the punch and say I don't care that this is my first post nor that I just registered my account. I see those comments throughout the Hogville boards and it baffles me. I guess in the eyes of many on here, the more posts you have the more intelligent or in the know you are.

I read so many negative comments on the hire of Chad Morris that it was almost irritating. Some of those people have come around and are on board. Personally, he seems like a good hire to me and his speeches have again excited me about Razorback football. That is something that I haven't felt the last couple of seasons. Do I know a whole lot about Morris? No I don't. But what I do know is that he excited me, his stats look good on paper, he demands the floor, got players attention, and most importantly, that I'm going to give him a fair chance before I start running my mouth ridiculing the man. So many people act like they know before they have even seen what he is bringing to the table. CBB was a "proven" winner and many were thrilled about the hire. We know how that worked out. I wasn't sold on CBB but I was open minded, and wanted to see what he would do for our program before I determined the way I felt about him. I will be doing the same thing with CCM and I would hope we can all come together and show him the support he deserves in this early stage. I for one, am cautisously excited and optimistic about him. Time well tell.

Get out while you can Bro, this place is a Cesspool of negativity. The water is deep and murky in here..

cautisously

You'll get hammered by the grammar police in here, run Forest run!

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: swineology on December 07, 2017, 10:13:11 pm
Get out while you can Bro, this place is a Cesspool of negativity. The water is deep and murky in here..

cautisously

You'll get hammered by the grammar police in here, run Forest run!

Ha! Great catch. If that's the only one I get called out on that I didn't catch while dealing with a 19 month old running around then I'd say it's not too shabby.

East Clintwood

Quote from: kingguter on December 07, 2017, 10:09:13 pm
Couldn't resist, could you?

Well, if he just registered 30 minutes ago, he's got to be a dumbass, right?

It's in the rules.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

swineology

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 10:17:12 pm
Ha! Great catch. If that's the only one I get called out on that I didn't catch while dealing with a 19 month old running around then I'd say it's not too shabby.

;)

Dwillhog66

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 10:07:59 pm

Learn how to use ignore and you'll enjoy the board much more!

greasy_corner

If it's good enough for Janis, it's good enough for this board.  Welcome

Billy Bats

I read so many negative comments on the hire of Chad Morris that it was almost irritating. Some of those people have come around and are on board. Personally, he seems like a good hire to me and his speeches have again excited me about Razorback football. That is something that I haven't felt the last couple of seasons. Do I know a whole lot about Morris? No I don't. But what I do know is that he excited me, his stats look good on paper, he demands the floor, got players attention, and most importantly, that I'm going to give him a fair chance before I start running my mouth ridiculing the man. So many people act like they know before they have even seen what he is bringing to the table. CBB was a "proven" winner and many were thrilled about the hire. We know how that worked out. I wasn't sold on CBB but I was open minded, and wanted to see what he would do for our program before I determined the way I felt about him. I will be doing the same thing with CCM and I would hope we can all come together and show him the support he deserves in this early stage. I for one, am cautisously excited and optimistic about him. Time well tell.

I'd say the sentiment is mostly positive toward CCM.  This site is full of huge butt holes.  Always has been, always will be.  It's just the way it is. 

JS22

I'll be honest, I was completely underwhelmed at first. Then I have buddies that encouraged me to read up on the guy. Afterwards I was impressed. After watching the team meeting I became excited! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Also...I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone used "Full Tilt Boogie" as their screen name! 😂🐗

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: JS22 on December 07, 2017, 11:09:20 pm
I'll be honest, I was completely underwhelmed at first. Then I have buddies that encouraged me to read up on the guy. Afterwards I was impressed. After watching the team meeting I became excited! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Also...I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone used "Full Tilt Boogie" as their screen name! 😂🐗

I'm glad you did some research and are giving it time. That's all I'm saying for anyone. And yeah, I heard him say that and I loved it! I had to use it haha

NuttinItUp

4me2know

I was on board when I first heard about it a couple weeks ago

Justifiable Hogicide

MavND1973

I wasn't enthused at first glance, but like you, I did some research and am now on board the #chadillac

The Hawg Marshal

Honestly , I think the reason post count matters to some is because we get so many trolls on here. They open an account and then start trolling and then they are gone. You never know if a new guy is a serious fan or just somebody trolling, until they've been here a while. It really doesn't have anything to do with feeling superior to anyone, at least it doesn't to me.
Welcome to the board. WPS

Aunt_Razorback

Welcome, and great post. I read more than I post too. Like you I am hopefully optimistic. Mood has been so down in the last year I do not understand how anyone could not be optimistic now and hoping for the best in our Hogs because it appears positive changes in strategy are happening.
WPS

WOOPIGDOOIE

Well said

masbas3

Great post.

JS22

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 11:15:15 pm
I'm glad you did some research and are giving it time. That's all I'm saying for anyone. And yeah, I heard him say that and I loved it! I had to use it haha

Yes sir!!! WPS!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Yes  8)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

mhsbc59

Hey man new posters are like freshman come out for 2 days that have never been in football before.  You my be a great one but ur going to catch hell and have to earn your tusks so to speak.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

Greetings to another new poster!  I fall into the same category. This is the first time that I've been excited enough to post but I have always read a lot. I was born and raised in North Arkansas, went to the Air Force Academy, got my Masters at Auburn, and I live in Oxford. But I have had one team my entire life and that's the Razorbacks. I work in an office of about 30 Ole Miss grads and I can't wait to stick another win in their face. WPS!

Inhogswetrust

Anyone that wasn't on board before should be now when they heard the first three things he said to the players when in the players meeting.  Sit up in your chairs, put your feet on the floor and put your drinks down. Heck and what he said afterwards also. Give me a chance and I won't let you down.  Get ready to get in the fast lane and put the hammer down.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

mhsbc59

This goes out to all new posters some of us that have been on the board since 06 or longer aren't going to automatically just roll over and accept you stick around and prove yourself before you come around thinking you can set us strait. We have been posting that's what keeps the board moving and alive.  And if you are such long time readers you would respect that.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

OneTuskOverTheLine™

+1 and Welcome... The sad faced, loud mouths are the "Glass may be full now, but Godzilla could possibly come and knock it over people"... They are never satisfied, because to them satisfaction won't last. The only thing that lasts is their saftey blanket of "I knew it was too good to be true"... They would rather be right than have hope, because success to them is a pleasant undeserved bit of grace from the god's who beat them down.
What they fail to realize is that doing things the right way and preparation create success. They don't understand that you make your own luck. They are lazy by nature and miserable. The reason they are so loud is because YOUR optimism offends them. Eff em! Eff em all!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:10:37 am
This goes out to all new posters some of us that have been on the board since 06 or longer aren't going to automatically just roll over and accept you stick around and prove yourself before you come around thinking you can set us strait. We have been posting that's what keeps the board moving and alive.  And if you are such long time readers you would respect that.

What ? I'm confused. Maybe I've got you confused with someone else but didn't you say he was "small time". Are you now supporting him?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 10:07:41 pm
Just want to go out and holler Woo Pig Sooie!!!  I think Coach Morris is just what we need.

You realize that RTR is what Bama people put use to symbolize Roll Tide Roll, right?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 08, 2017, 07:15:11 am
You realize that RTR is what Bama people put use to symbolize Roll Tide Roll, right?

Maybe his name is Randall Thomas Roberts.

mhsbc59

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 08, 2017, 07:11:09 am
+1 and Welcome... The sad faced, loud mouths are the "Glass may be full now, but Godzilla could possibly come and knock it over people"... They are never satisfied, because to them satisfaction won't last. The only thing that lasts is their saftey blanket of "I knew it was too good to be true"... They would rather be right than have hope, because success to them is a pleasant undeserved bit of grace from the god's who beat them down.
What they fail to realize is that doing things the right way and preparation create success. They don't understand that you make your own luck. They are lazy by nature and miserable. The reason they are so loud is because YOUR optimism offends them. Eff em! Eff em all!!
Come on now man u know me lol

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 07:12:18 am
What ? I'm confused. Maybe I've got you confused with someone else but didn't you say he was "small time". Are you now supporting him?
No I didn't say Chad was small time I only ever said I didn't want him over others not that he was small time

The NewEra

Welcome!  There isn't anyone on this board that didn't have their first post.  It's proven that people don't get any smarter on here the more they post.  Judging your first post, I would say you will bring value to the board.

Athog

Right there with ya brother!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:23:25 am
No I didn't say Chad was small time I only ever said I didn't want him over others not that he was small time

Really? You sure you don't want to take that back? You said you heard him in Tunica and called him "small time". Heck I even called you out on it by asking weren't you a small time coach yourself.

Good thing perjury isn't a crime on here. Here it is copied from the thread where you said it:

"I know all of this I have even heard the man speak at the Nike coaching clinic in Tunica this passed spring. He is a good small time coach he can not nor will not succeed in the lime light.  He is a yes man"

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 07:36:34 am
Really? You sure you don't want to take that back? You said you heard him in Tunica and called him "small time". Heck I even called you out on it by asking weren't you a small time coach yourself.

Good thing perjury isn't a crime on here. Here it is copied from the thread where you said it:

"I know all of this I have even heard the man speak at the Nike coaching clinic in Tunica this passed spring. He is a good small time coach he can not nor will not succeed in the lime light.  He is a yes man"
I did say I saw him in Tunica don't recall useing the term small time but if in my fit of rage it is possible. I don't recall using those terms though. I do admit that yes will your qoute of me I did say it I just didn't recall saying it.  I said alot 48 hours ago. I was doing my best not to cuss and get a vacation. I wont deny that I'm still not on board.   

In my responses to the OP though I am going to give him a hard time for being new and not like being called out for being so.  Everyone must take there lumps.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:44:46 am
I did say I saw him in Tunica don't recall useing the term small time but it my fit of rage it is possible. I don't recall using those terms though. I won deny that I'm still not on board.   

In my responses to the OP though I am going to give him a hard time for being new and not like being called out for being so.  Everyone must take there lumps.

Aw yes. Backtracking. I'm not surprised. So explain why you think he is a "yes man" by getting a job in the SEC when he did not go directly to being a HC in the SEC from high school. He worked his way up from high school to an OC job at a relatively small college, then OC at a big time college then HC at a relatively small college to HC of the Hogs. Especially since he had NO direct ties to any of the coaches/people that hired him on his way up.

BigSexyHog

Just wasted 30 secs of my life reading it. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 07:46:48 am
Aw yes. Backtracking. I'm not surprised.

Not back tracking really did not recall small time is not usually someing I would say.  It probley would have been worse if there where not strick rules on this board.

depressed_fan

Let me get real with you. These folks are showing you the love b/c they are excited about this new coach. Your first thread was; obvious, boring, the same thing everyone else is thinking, boring, and a waste of time. 

Please delete your account and just read.

oldhawg

Everyone has to have a first post.  Ignore the bean counters. I have been on board since 2004, also mostly as a reader.  Luckily most people ignore what I do post.  :)

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:51:06 am
Not back tracking really did not recall small time is not usually someing I would say.  It probley would have been worse if there where not strick rules on this board.

You wanted someone else. That's fine and all. The problem is there was/is no need to cut down someone that did get the job just because of that. It's better to support the one that did get the job IF you truly care about the program. And to say it would have been worse if not for strict rules says even more about you. You never gave any real reason you don't like him other than calling him "small time " and a "yes man". NOW it's time to give the man a chance since he does have the job. Everyone deserves that until proven otherwise they aren't working out.

HawgwildinMI

This. ^^^

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.