Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank God the "Dead Period" is almost over.

Started by SpiritHog, January 02, 2008, 09:37:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiritHog

We suffered the humiliation of the CB.  We endure the waiting for Asst. Coaches announcement.  Now lets get the recruiting going for the next few weeks.  I can hardly wait.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

El Supremo

Dead.......this forum will pick up some on the 13th then?

The Boar War

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 09:41:32 pm
13th contact period ensues.  Until then, it's either quiet (campus visits) or dead (no visits).  looking forward to what BP can do.

If thats the case how can Markuson and Tatum have their late night phone conversations that lead to his switch in commitment? 

dougieritch

Quote from: The Boar War on January 03, 2008, 01:28:35 pm
If thats the case how can Markuson and Tatum have their late night phone conversations that lead to his switch in commitment? 

Coaches can call recruits once a week during the dead period.  Also the recruits can call the coaches a much as they want...so Markuson could call Tatum's coach and ask him to have Tatum call him, etc.

Tomhog™

Quote from: dougieritch on January 03, 2008, 01:47:50 pm
Coaches can call recruits once a week during the dead period.  Also the recruits can call the coaches a much as they want...so Markuson could call Tatum's coach and ask him to have Tatum call him, etc.

This is correct.

The Boar War

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 09:41:32 pm
13th contact period ensues.  Until then, it's either quiet (campus visits) or dead (no visits).  looking forward to what BP can do.

I thought that Curtis was visiting Tennessee the week before he comes to Arkansas (1/18)?

Tomhog™

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on January 03, 2008, 02:29:42 pm
I thought that Curtis was visiting Tennessee the week before he comes to Arkansas (1/18)?

Weekend before is a quiet period.  From my stickied thread:

"Quiet period - permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution's campus."

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 03, 2008, 02:53:17 pm
Weekend before is a quiet period.  From my stickied thread:

"Quiet period - permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution's campus."

Thanks man.
Didn't see the stickied thread.

Now, can I get someone to decode it?

;D

outlawhogeywells

to bad dead period does not end before the 13th...we have a home football game a week from this Saturday...would be great to get them on campus for the Ark ALA game

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on January 03, 2008, 02:29:42 pm

Jakers, love me some Piggley Winks!
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Petrinos Pigs

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on January 03, 2008, 03:18:44 pm
to bad dead period does not end before the 13th...we have a home football game a week from this Saturday...would be great to get them on campus for the Ark ALA game

I think you mean we have a home basketball game.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 03, 2008, 05:35:48 pm
Jakers, love me some Piggley Winks!

It cracks me up.
Did you know Mel Brooks was one of the sheep?

(sorry about the derail.)

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on January 04, 2008, 08:17:43 am
It cracks me up.
Did you know Mel Brooks was one of the sheep?

(sorry about the derail.)

No, but now that you say that, I recognize the voice. My boys love that show and if I have to watch a kids show, it is my favorite.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine.