Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good luck this deer season and

Started by AcornHunter, October 09, 2015, 07:17:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AcornHunter

BE SAFE!!

Gonna try for a nanny in the morning, Lord willing.

Help Meet says we're about out of chili meat.

The little front that blew through today feels good.

woodrow hog call

Amen to that, especially the be safe part. It looks like someone was accidentally killed near Greenwood, Saturday morning, very sad to see that. Prayers for that family and all involved.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

95_alum

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 12, 2015, 12:17:18 pm
Amen to that, especially the be safe part. It looks like someone was accidentally killed near Greenwood, Saturday morning, very sad to see that. Prayers for that family and all involved.
Any updates? Was the deceased wearing orange? The MG hunt was for private land only. Do they know which direction the shot came from, thus the property & land owner or lease? Shooter hasn't come forward, correct? Soooo murder?

woodrow hog call

You may know more than me, I hadn't heard the shooter wasn't known.
I have not been able to find out anymore about it.

woodrow hog call

I did see now they have a gofundme account set up to help pay his funereal expenses. If you Google hunting accident greenwood AR, it should come up, I don't know if it's OK to post the name or link in a case like this or not.

Obit is in Times Record today.

DOGALUM

Did you put one down Acorn?   Did anyone?
Pics!

I've not been in a stand yet this year but am excited to see the cooler weather coming in tomorrow here in NWA.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

AcornHunter

No, I didn't and I heard nary a shot.  So blasted hot and dry, it just doesn't feel like deer season – surely doesn't put you in the mood for cleaning one.  All in all, though, I had an enjoyable outing.

I might have a "the grass is always greener elsewhere" problem working against me.  Deer, since the end of September, here at the house, have eaten up the okra and hooked several limbs off young peach trees.   They're workin' the night shift, of course.

There's a mixed-timber lot of a few acres with some good cover – a small locust thicket – over the other side of the garden, but with the greener-grass syndrome I opted for bigger is better, bottom land a couple of miles from the house, down near the river.

Time and patience usually stock the box, though.  We'll see.

I've read or heard or both that 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water.  You reckon the same be true with deers?

Have fun!

theFlyingHog

BB.
G5 montec through the heart, dropped after 25 yards

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

woodrow hog call

That looks like a nice one, congrats. The G5 is my broadhead of choice as well.

DeltaBoy

My Cousin killed a nice Buck in Monroe County last weekend.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.