Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need to start sending out offers for tackles now.

Started by presidenthog, October 08, 2017, 01:02:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

I know we offered  the juco kid that has offers from mizzou and 1 other, but we have to do more than that.

Someone please tell me we have sent more out.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

They've been scrambling like always the past couple weeks. They're mining the jucos hard b/c they're screwed
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Vantage 8 dude

While I agree, this is only one of MANY issues we need to address with new players. At this point we have one leaky dyke that has so many holes we don't have enough fingers and toes to plug.

King Kong

This roster needs to sign 25.

Adding 15 won't do crap to turn this around

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: King Kong on October 08, 2017, 11:57:17 am

How about making it more like 50? I've give at least half the squad the benefit of the doubt.

Bubba's Bruisers

Geez, we need competent OL coaching first.  But yes, OL recruiting hasn't been good the last few recruiting cycles.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: King Kong on October 08, 2017, 11:57:17 am

Why?  You think we'd sign any better talent than we already have?  Almost definitely not. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

King Kong

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 08, 2017, 01:40:03 pm
Why?  You think we'd sign any better talent than we already have?  Almost definitely not.

Yes, I do.

Bubba's Bruisers

NotSoFastMyFriend

They are slow-playing a handful of in-state kids (Burgess, Gasaway, Hardage, Larry Clark, Caleb Clark) that can ball. That's a full OL and that doesn't even include Luke Jones and Noah Gatlin who already have offers.

nwahogfan1

I do not have any confidence this staff knows how to recruit OL talent.  Way too many misses.  They think just because he is 6'6 and 310 lbs he can play OL.   They apparently are not looking at hip rotation, knee bend, athleticism, toughness, competitiveness and work habits. 

Call me skeptical.

pigskenG

it's too bad we aren't great recruiting Georgia. They have so many 4 - 5 star linemen over their the UG can't sign them all.