Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moody to Bama

Started by Kevin, January 08, 2018, 10:29:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudgepork

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 09:59:43 am
We are gonna get our doors blown off in the foreseeable future against Alabama and Georgia. And there is nothing we can do about it.

I love the optimism.  It's contagious.  SARCASM ALERT

RME

Quote from: Porknoxville on February 07, 2018, 10:05:08 am
We win never be a big-time player! I've come to expect 6-8 wins with occasional 9 wins. Any hog fans that expect more is filling themselves. Jmo

With what?

WoooPigSooieShane

Quote from: Porknoxville on February 07, 2018, 10:05:08 am
We win never be a big-time player! I've come to expect 6-8 wins with occasional 9 wins. Any hog fans that expect more is filling themselves. Jmo

We are gonna get our doors blown off in the foreseeable future against Alabama and Georgia. And there is nothing we can do about it.

TDHawgs

Highest bidder win$ everytime..   

RME

Quote from: TDHawgs on February 07, 2018, 10:09:56 am

Good God, man. Because these have nothing to do with Alabama getting recruits, right?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: TDHawgs on February 07, 2018, 10:09:56 am

You've got to be kidding...

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 07, 2018, 10:05:46 am
I love the optimism.  It's contagious.  SARCASM ALERT

Why do people come to HV and go after other fans for being realistic. It is just as annoying as the constantly negative posters. Some fans get tired of having their hopes crushed. I get it. I may not agree w/ them all the time, but i get it. That is kind of what message boards are for. If it bothers you so much that you simply can't control yourself and have to start arguments then it may be time to log off and relax for awhile. Go Hogs!
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

Vantage 8 dude

Well that's it then! Let's just go ahead and officially proclaim those games as automatic losses, don't bother playing and avoid the humiliation of getting "our doors blown off". That should satisfy a lot of folks then.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on February 07, 2018, 10:30:41 am
Why do people come to HV and go after other fans for being realistic. It is just as annoying as the constantly negative posters. Some fans get tired of having their hopes crushed. I get it. I may not agree w/ them all the time, but i get it. That is kind of what message boards are for. If it bothers you so much that you simply can't control yourself and have to start arguments then it may be time to log off and relax for awhile. Go Hogs!
Wow, nice going. Only 150 posts (as of this response) and already an unofficial mod. You must be very well connected.  :) :o

WoooPigSooieShane

It's just tough for me to really say anything negative or positive when these players signing today haven't played a down here and these coaches haven't even got to the Spring Game yet.

Pudgepork

My response was because he went to extreme in his negativity.  I wasna trying to start an argument because I wouldn't have participate.  His response is because he is letting past history cloud his future expectations.  We are entering a new era.  If he wants to color the future as bleak and pessimism. Go for it.  I choose to not expect such dark times ahead

Kevin

we made a coaching change. how about let's see what recruiting looks like next year, and the year after to see where we are.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFoo

just get tired of these fans that have already marked Morris as a loser without ever giving him a chance.  We should save all these downer type comments in a time vault type thread then look back in 3yrs-4yrs.  And then see who is a realist and who is a dumbass.

Ive spoke with a lot of clemson fans and theyll tell you 1st off congrats on getting Morris and how good of a guy he is and then tell how he helped make clemson what it is today and how thankful they are.

For anyone who looks at this class as being bad, 1st off u nees to look at how recruiting rankings work. Not having enough recruits and getting 0's for any space under 20 recruits really hurts the rankings.  As trey biddy said many times now if we just had more schollies and got just the same type kids, wed have a top 20 class.  And ive said the same thing myself. I predicted wed have had a top15 class if we had more scholarships!  So everyone having a panic attack needs to get their panties out of a wad, and calm down.  Its going to be fine!

We have a coach that has the same type of offensive mind as Petrino except Morris likes to recruit and isnt a dbag!  For anyone who doubts this type of offense in the SEC, well, Petrino sure made it work, and we'll be going faster than even he ran it.  Look at how well clemson runs it.  Thats how our final product will be.  In fact, Morris has said that Arkansas reminds him so much of clemson when he got there. I totally agree. Clemson wasnt killing it in recruiting, they just started gradually improving theirwin record each year, consistently being a decent team, they avg. Getting around top 15-20 classes... then around 15th... then 10-15.  Thats where they stayed for auite a few years actually.  They disnt start cracking the top 10 until they made the playoffs.  In fact they disnt start getting above 7 or 8 until they won the national title if memory serves me correctly.  Doesnt matter, they were NOT killing it in recruiting every year! They were NOT getting bama type classes.  And, look how well they did! 

I have no doubt had petrino not went into the ditch, wed be a very successful program right now.  And i have the same feeling with Morris.  We are going to have immediate success this next season because this season was built to have a good record (its why we had to dump Bielema b4 this season or wed been stuck another 2yrs) but, id almost guarantee we'll have 9+ wins next season.  I figure we'll have a few transfers and next years recruiting class, instead of being short will actually be bigger than normal because of the attrition.

But, lets give Morris a chance, im telling ya, with his recruiting ties to texas being sooo deep, and him being so well liked there, hes gonna be able to recruit great players, and with winning seasons, like i presict we'll have next season, i predict we'll habe a top15 class next year at this time!  Watch and see!  Its gonna be great for all of you star watchers.  Its fun to look at, but keep in mind, if coach is happy, then we as fans really should be happy as well.  But, i know how it is.  People look at stars and figure , better player the better team is.  Which, yeah, that sometimes is how it works i guess, but, really the most important thing is having a great coach!  And we have one! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Panther34

colbs

I think of the recruiting forum to being more positive than other forums.  The main reason is the verdict is still out of the signees.  Also, some people seem to come on right after a commitment is lost to be negative.  They are nowhere to be found when there is good news.  It appears Andrew Parker will flip and some were being negative when he first committed because of his lack of offers.  Now if he flips they will be negative also.  It's just a no win with some.

Kevin

funny player goes from Georgia state to bama in a month
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

aloha_kid

Welcome to the past decade ;)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 07, 2018, 10:37:10 am
It's just tough for me to really say anything negative or positive when these players signing today haven't played a down here and these coaches haven't even got to the Spring Game yet.
Well obviously you're not the "expert" that some obviously are. Yep, just started off season training, not even begun spring drills or obviously summer camp. Yet we have many who proclaim from the very outset that this staff will never get the team to elevate their game to even give us a legitimate chance of competing against most of the SEC in the coming years.

Gosh, I sure wish I had their soothsaying abilities. I could just wait until the next mega million national lottery and determine the winning numbers far ahead of the crowd. Then just sit back and rake in all that cash. Heck, I'd be even willing to share in the spoils if they'd just let me know in advance.  ;)

cityhog

Quote from: HogFoo on February 07, 2018, 10:59:24 am
just get tired of these fans that have already marked Morris as a loser without ever giving him a chance.  We should save all these downer type comments in a time vault type thread then look back in 3yrs-4yrs.  And then see who is a realist and who is a dumbass.

you have to admit. The realists are on a bit of a roll.

Porknoxville

Quote from: cityhog on February 07, 2018, 11:25:59 am
you have to admit. The realists are on a bit of a roll.
I like the hire, just like with Nutt, we will simply have to win more with less talent. The reality is just that!