Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it possible???

Started by Hogtied85, May 08, 2017, 09:21:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtied85

I noticed that Tim Gill is now following Coach Neighbors. Is it possible to see him return to hill as an assistant coach???

psycHOGlogist

I kind of doubt it, but who knows? If you're Neighbors, you definitely want to make amends to the guy who runs the top AAU program (PWPElite) in Oklahoma. He left basically disgusted with the program, and if we ever want another player from that club, we have to put out the olive branch. It would be prudent for Gill to welcome that, as well.

Can't say for sure, though - the whole 3rd coach thing is dragging on, and no one I have heard has any good guesses.  It's weird - Jasmine Lister's twitter profile still says she is a UW Assistant Coach ... but the UW website is updated with the new staff and doesn't list her. Does she finally say yes and come along? I don't even know whether CMN is looking for a "senior" type assistant coach or a junior coach. I have heard Matt Daniels name bandied about some, too, considering he's back in Arkansas, but most people don't seem to think that a) they want 3 men (all white) on the staff, and that b) Daniels isn't really interested in being a full-time coach at this point.

Eager for some news.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 08, 2017, 09:55:33 pm
I kind of doubt it, but who knows? If you're Neighbors, you definitely want to make amends to the guy who runs the top AAU program (PWPElite) in Oklahoma. He left basically disgusted with the program, and if we ever want another player from that club, we have to put out the olive branch. It would be prudent for Gill to welcome that, as well.

Can't say for sure, though - the whole 3rd coach thing is dragging on, and no one I have heard has any good guesses.  It's weird - Jasmine Lister's twitter profile still says she is a UW Assistant Coach ... but the UW website is updated with the new staff and doesn't list her. Does she finally say yes and come along? I don't even know whether CMN is looking for a "senior" type assistant coach or a junior coach. I have heard Matt Daniels name bandied about some, too, considering he's back in Arkansas, but most people don't seem to think that a) they want 3 men (all white) on the staff, and that b) Daniels isn't really interested in being a full-time coach at this point.

Eager for some news.

My gut feeling is that it will be Lister who is named.  Gill could come back in the former postion, but whatever his choice Goldwire is not a white male is she (but most people don't seem to think that a) they want 3 men (all white) on the staff)?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Neighbors, Schaefer, and Daniels would be the three white men in the hypothetical scenario people talked about.

flippinhogmana

As you know I mentioned Daniels once before and I remember your reply!  I think Neighbors, Goldwire, Schaeffer and Lister has a nice ring to it!

But I wouldn't bet the farm on Lister either.  Goldwire wasn't exactly a household name in this neck of the woods when he approached her, so he might have someone else as qualified as Goldwire up his sleeve that we know nothing about.  There could be all sorts of reasons why the delay. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 09, 2017, 09:53:59 am
As you know I mentioned Daniels once before and I remember your reply!  I think Neighbors, Goldwire, Schaeffer and Lister has a nice ring to it!

But I wouldn't bet the farm on Lister either.  Goldwire wasn't exactly a household name in this neck of the woods when he approached her, so he might have someone else as qualified as Goldwire up his sleeve that we know nothing about.  There could be all sorts of reasons why the delay. 

I didn't want Daniels for HC, but think maybe he'd be a good AC? I really don't know. And I totally agree with you about why there might be a delay. I think Neighbors knows a lot of folks out there; he's got a newsletter that's got a large subscriber base among coaches, so he's (I hope?) got a lot of options of people to mull over. Maybe? :-)