Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roast me all you want to here it goes......2 coaches and 2 ONLY

Started by jaredkr, October 22, 2017, 02:27:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredkr

Gus or Sean Payton- Gus is still younger than Saban when he won his first ring. I'm not saying you can compare the two, but there is obviously a huge upside to Malzahn , but at least you get someone with a huge amount of potential and loves the state- That combination is hard to find.

Sean Payton imo is a name everyone should bring up. I really think this is it for him in NO unless they make the playoffs. I think he will be looking for a new start. I will say however, he will be the Dallas Cowboys coach next year if Garrett isn't -

Just read what Clay Travis Posted- Kiffin should get serious consideration
I am Ray Finkel

longbore

Just hire a coach who's willing to wear the hat til the introductory press conference is finished. We get that you're not a hat guy but 4 mil $ should buy something...

Hoggie17

I doubt that Gus would come back home.

Gus is the only coach I know that would call Arkansas a destination job. That's something to consider. For some reason the Auburn fans want him fired, so maybe.....

ChitownHawg

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 02:32:15 am
Just hire a coach who's willing to wear the hat til the introductory press conference is finished. We get that you're not a hat guy but 4 mil $ should buy something...

It did - a beautiful home.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

lilredheadedlady

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

hawgon

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 22, 2017, 05:11:31 am
I doubt that Gus would come back home.

Gus is the only coach I know that would call Arkansas a destination job. That's something to consider. For some reason the Auburn fans want him fired, so maybe.....

Norvell would.

Captain Morgan

Why does everyone want a pro style coach on here? It seems like its a fraud at Arkansas. Sean Peyton really?!?!?! That's way out in left field there. None of these NFL guys are assured that work well with boosters. As for Gus there is too much divisiveness over things a decade ago for Long to ever hire him.

I want a specific college offense. It can be spread air raid, it can be RPO, and it can be triple option. However, I would like to never run pro style system at the University of Arkansas ever again. It is a fraud at our school. Its time to put that 6 feet under and forever.

SemperFi

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 22, 2017, 09:08:49 am
No Gus. Not now. Not ever. Never.

I agree. I have never been a fan of Gus. The only reason his offense looked good last night is because of the defense it was facing thanks to BB. They will look like a HS offense once they play against a good defense and Bama will embarrass them.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hoggish1

Anybody on here enjoy the nose picking on national TeeVee that GM is known for?

Hoggish1

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on October 22, 2017, 09:06:53 am
Don't want Gus.  Too much baggage.

Right, but his wife would be a grate ambassador... The depth of darn on here is endless.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: RazorChuck on October 22, 2017, 09:20:43 am
Scott Frost, that is all.

Top Up and Coming Coaches (That are not at destination jobs)

1. Scott Frost USF
2. Mike Norvelle Memphis
3. Ken Niumatalolo Navy
4. Jeff Brohm Purdue
5. Kevin Wilson UTSA
6. Neal Brown Troy
7. Bryan Harsin Boise State

Hogarusa

Sean Payton makes $8 million a year. No indication he wants to coach college but sure, add a Super Bowl winning coach to the conversation. Makes sense
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

my3boneheads

Payton needs to stay with my Saints but he would be awesome. 

hoghiker

I want somebody that's gonna win and don't take us to the NCAA sanction department. I don't care about style. Just win
Some of you guys are being awfully particular. I don't think we're gonna get the pick of the litter.

Wildhog

Frost/Campbell need to be the first two calls.  If they say no, then get Norvell.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowHawg

I would take Gus. He has won everywhere he has been.

Every coach creates division if they lose. Not hiring someone because some don't like him is weak.

Any coach that comes in ablnd wins united a fan base, even Gus.

If he is available he is way above any of the other candidates I have seen mentioned in this thread.

Just win baby!

pigmania

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 09:10:53 am
Norvell would.
If Bielema can't make it in the SEC, what makes you think Norvell can? I swear you guys are delusional.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: hoghiker on October 22, 2017, 10:25:49 am
Some of you guys are being awfully particular. I don't think we're gonna get the pick of the litter.

Especially with TN looking for a new coach, as well as any others that come open. The SEC is not the destination conference it once was for coaches.

The Kig

Poker Porker

wildhogman

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 22, 2017, 11:04:20 am
I would take Gus. He has won everywhere he has been.

Every coach creates division if they lose. Not hiring someone because some don't like him is weak.

Any coach that comes in ablnd wins united a fan base, even Gus.

If he is available he is way above any of the other candidates I have seen mentioned in this thread.

Just win baby!
that's not true. I give you one old Hat. Hatfeild has one of the best winning % in school history and fans were split over him. Sick of the flexbone And not upsetting anyone.  If you think Gus wouldn't fracture the fanbase, think again. First time he lost to an underdog or couldn't beat Bama.  The fracture would come out. I mean even I been guilty of it, comparing Nutt to CBP. Now we all know the Nutt is no coach, just  monkey with  whistle, however he did beat bama I think 50% of the time. People always throw  around the phrase  "you are what your record says you are". So using Bama which is better, CBP or the Nutt?  You see how things will split fans?
Now me personally. I don't want either of those coaches. Seen enough to know they will give you hope only to snatch it away. I want a fresh start, no history and lots of hope and enthusiasm.

cj_sez

Mike Bobo would be a possibility, better than the OP options.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

El Duderino

hawgon

Quote from: pigmania on October 22, 2017, 11:10:02 am
If Bielema can't make it in the SEC, what makes you think Norvell can? I swear you guys are delusional.

When he gets his chance in the SEC, Norvell will equal Bert's five year SEC win total in his first two.

pigmania

If Hogville got to pick the next HC, Arkansas would never win an SEC title or even get above .500 conference record. The hate for a successful SEC coach and the love affairs for non P5 coaches with mediocre Div II resumes will continue the Hogs on a losing track. Hogville doesn't care about winning, you guys only care about who you like or who looks sexy at Memphis. You guys are no different than Jeff Long. Let the loses keep on coming.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Neither Gus nor BP are coming back. If we want to run an offense like either of those we need to find a new coach without their baggage that run a similar system. They are out there. I would like to see Brohm here.

jaredkr

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 22, 2017, 09:27:23 am
Sean Payton makes $8 million a year. No indication he wants to coach college but sure, add a Super Bowl winning coach to the conversation. Makes sense

Have you read his book? Going to go ahead and assume no. SP and Jerry Jones are close, real close. His time in NO is finished.
I am Ray Finkel

buldozer

There was a time when I felt Gus was partially responsible for what happened with nutt but not anymore. I have no problem with Gus. At least he would want to be here and try his best. That's more than I can say for our current coach.  Also, Gus understands the culture here, recruits Arkansas kids and knows the value of home grown talent. Our current coach from up north has not a clue about these things or this state.

lumphog

Quote from: jaredkr on October 22, 2017, 12:37:51 pm

Have you read his book? Going to go ahead and assume no. SP and Jerry Jones are close, real close. His time in NO is finished.

IF... he's let go,.... Jerry CAN make it happen

jimhog

Our style cannot be running right at them. We must have a coach who is at least somewhat exotic in the on field presentation.

hview

Augustus

I would never want Gus Malzahn at the UofA, for two reasons:

1) He's already been here, and he DID have a hand in the 2007 meltdown.

2) When he became the coach at Ark State, he told Arkansans (stAte players, HS players, HS coaches, fans) he was "in it for the long haul". He left ASU before 1 year was up.

2a) His bat-darn crazy wife

NationalChamps2017

Quote from: cj_sez on October 22, 2017, 11:26:18 am
Mike Bobo would be a possibility, better than the OP options.

I'm with you! He's in his early 40's, knows the SEC as a coach and player, and we wouldn't have to worry about him going to Georgia as long as Kirby keeps trending up! I am drawn to him, and I can't pinpoint why.

go hogues

I'm to the point where I'd take Gus.

Being an Arkansas guy, he'd know how to win here and more importantly, bring a 1998esque Nutt type enthusiasm, which is badly needed.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HoopS

Quote from: pigmania on October 22, 2017, 11:39:37 am
If Hogville got to pick the next HC, Arkansas would never win an SEC title or even get above .500 conference record. The hate for a successful SEC coach and the love affairs for non P5 coaches with mediocre Div II resumes will continue the Hogs on a losing track. Hogville doesn't care about winning, you guys only care about who you like or who looks sexy at Memphis. You guys are no different than Jeff Long. Let the loses keep on coming.
+1 for common sense.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Captain Morgan on October 22, 2017, 09:12:47 am
Why does everyone want a pro style coach on here? It seems like its a fraud at Arkansas. Sean Peyton really?!?!?! That's way out in left field there. None of these NFL guys are assured that work well with boosters. As for Gus there is too much divisiveness over things a decade ago for Long to ever hire him.

I want a specific college offense. It can be spread air raid, it can be RPO, and it can be triple option. However, I would like to never run pro style system at the University of Arkansas ever again. It is a fraud at our school. Its time to put that 6 feet under and forever.

11-2 with a PRO Style Offense..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The Hawg Marshal

I love how some guys know everything and how everybody else is stupid. Picking a coach is a crap shoot 90% of the time. None of us know for sure.

idochog

Gus has 3-4X the talent Arkansas has & he's still a 4-5 loss coach at Auburn

He would do only worse at Arkansas

Plus he's a slimeball
I love Jesus!

Hawginj

Quote from: idochog on October 22, 2017, 06:13:33 pm
Gus has 3-4X the talent Arkansas has & he's still a 4-5 loss coach at Auburn

He would do only worse at Arkansas

Plus he's a slimeball
Excatly aubies record isn't much better than the Hogs the last 5 years.

KlubhouseKonnected

Nah, let Gus keeping 🚬 Richards in Auburn's Locker rooms.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Hawginj on October 22, 2017, 06:15:32 pm
This is where my main concern lies.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

HoopS

Quote from: Hawginj on October 22, 2017, 06:15:32 pm
you are right. I looked it up. He is 40-21 while B.B. is 27-31. Practically the same.

Jack The BN

It's beyond time to bring in CRL, with CTD as OC. We've passed on them so many times. Laweson is the only person who can turn the program around.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 09:10:53 am
Norvell would.

Norvell reminds me of Kingsbury and I think his teams are going to be a lot Kingsbury's teams at TT.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE