Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL ARKANSAS VS. AUBURN GAME THREAD (POST ALL COMMENTS HERE)

Started by gdumont, October 21, 2017, 05:07:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

Hog Diddy

DeltaEagle

arlhog

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: lasthog on October 21, 2017, 10:01:48 pm
It just occured to me when watching CBB totally lifeless and expressionless on the sidelines,  we are watching a "Weekend with Bernie."

When did he pass?

He's stoned dude

Wild Bill Hog

moses_007

I frankly can't understand why any recruit would want to come here and be a part of this mess.

alohawg

Quote from: moses_007 on October 21, 2017, 10:04:44 pm
I frankly can't understand why any recruit would want to come here and be a part of this mess.

Probably has crossed the minds of current commits as well. Not firing Beliema tonight could cost more.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Qbackinman

Quote from: Texman on October 21, 2017, 09:51:49 pm
Someone let me know when I should "Throw the A".
Now that's funny. I remember his wife came in and wanted to make gang signs a thing. Don't think it caught on.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: lasthog on October 21, 2017, 10:01:48 pm
It just occured to me when watching CBB totally lifeless and expressionless on the sidelines,  we are watching a "Weekend with Bernie."

When did he pass?
Beavis and Butthead is more entertaining! YEAH YEAH!!!

Albert Einswine

Here's an idea to improve things on the Hill, Jeff.... Don't let Bret go home tonight as coach of the Razorbacks.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

farmhawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 21, 2017, 10:18:06 pm
To paraphrase Grandma-ma?

"We need to recruit some men."

Blame CBB if you want -- and it makes 100% sense -- but our overall talent is laughable. Knute Rockne couldn't make up the talent deficit.
That Sorry bastard recruited. His team. I know your slow but damn.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jgphillips3

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 21, 2017, 10:18:06 pm
To paraphrase Grandma-ma?

"We need to recruit some men."

Blame CBB if you want -- and it makes 100% sense -- but our overall talent is laughable. Knute Rockne couldn't make up the talent deficit.

We have top 25 level talent and individually some nice pieces that a coach with some skill could turn into a competitive team.  We are nowhere near Bama, LSU, Auburn talent levels, but any halfway decent coach would have us competing, not being humiliated.

ICEman

I remember when this thread would easily reach into 50 or 60 pages.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2017, 09:50:19 pm
Decades?
yes, may be a bit hyperbolic....but there will be many in this forum, including myself at age 57 (58 on October 28th) that will never see an SEC Championship in football.....and that is far from a pleasant thought, also
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 21, 2017, 10:30:58 pm
We have top 25 level talent and individually some nice pieces that a coach with some skill could turn into a competitive team.  We are nowhere near Bama, LSU, Auburn talent levels, but any halfway decent coach would have us competing, not being humiliated.

This is very tue. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 21, 2017, 10:30:58 pm
where ?  I'm not trying to be funny, but where on this team is top 25 talent ?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 21, 2017, 10:40:58 pm
This is very tue.
Our starting left tackle is a Texas transfer off of the team that we absolutely drilled in the Texas Bowl a few years back...he couldn't block then and even with a different color pair of skates, from burnt orange to cardinal and white, he still cannot block, yet there he is out there at left tackle holding and getting beaten with a speed rush literally every time Kelley dropped back to pass

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 21, 2017, 10:45:51 pm
where ?  I'm not trying to be funny, but where on this team is top 25 talent ?

What do you think Hogs' record would be if Saban were the coach of these same guys?

There is talent; they just have no leadership whatsoever.  And that makes people look far worse than they really are.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2017, 06:42:34 pm
Cole is throwing Bob Gibson fast balls.
I tire of this complaint...He's throwing the ball no faster than he does in practice...if you as a Hog receiver cannot get separation, you are going to feel the heat on those slants because if he doesn't put some zip on them, they'll be picked

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 21, 2017, 10:52:20 pm
What do you think Hogs' record would be if Saban were the coach of these same guys?

There is talent; they just have no leadership whatsoever.  And that makes people look far worse than they really are.
8-4...Saban didn't have world class talent at LSU and he didn't kick everybody's butt all the time...a coach cannot magically make a diamond out of a lump of coal...the first thing is why in the hell are we not getting better players at the UA ?  I thought our facilities were second to none with the new Football Operations facility completed a few years back thanks to the Petrino's success at the UA

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 21, 2017, 11:00:05 pm
8-4...Saban didn't have world class talent at LSU and he didn't kick everybody's butt all the time...a coach cannot magically make a diamond out of a lump of coal...the first thing is why in the hell are we not getting better players at the UA ?  I thought our facilities were second to none with the new Football Operations facility completed a few years back thanks to the Petrino's success at the UA

I think he'd be 8-4 even with the current level of development.  If Saban were actually their coach for their entire tenure here I think they would even better than that.

Talent, although not at Bama or Auburn level, is not the issue in my opinion.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 21, 2017, 11:00:05 pm
There is a difference between the potential of an Alabama, LSU, or Florida.

But Saban could consistently win 10 games here at Arkansas. He could average 9-10 wins a year over 10 years.

He's averaged 12-13 wins a year at Alabama, which is the difference between the two football programs.

Saban won 10 games once at Mich St. Yea, you eventually run into a more talented team, but his teams are going to squeeze everything they can get.

That's what Petrino did. He maximized every drop from those 2010-11 teams. A few times he ran into buzz saws with superior forces and not much you can do about that.

We're not maximizing anything right now. This team should be much better.

WDE44