Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hope Bielema stays...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 20, 2017, 10:35:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

I would like to see what he and the staff can do with these freshmen next year.  We have some good talent.   I don't think that getting rid of our coach and starting over is much of a solution right now.  I am not so sure that magic coach is out there that will come to Arkansas and have us playing for national championships every year.  Arkansas is a tough place to win.

Under Bielema,  we have had some good wins against LSU,  Ole Miss,  Auburn,  Miss State, Tennessee,  Texas,  Texas Tech, TCU, Missouri,  Kansas State and so forth.  I would like to see him and the staff further develop the talent we have. 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

navyhog24

Well you got drunk very early. Time to cut yourself off

rude1

I hope he stays in the state as long as he likes as a tax paying citizen, just not as the U of A football coach.............

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 20, 2017, 10:35:12 pm
I would like to see what he and the staff can do with these freshmen next year.  We have some good talent.   I don't think that getting rid of our coach and starting over is much of a solution right now.  I am not so sure that magic coach is out there that will come to Arkansas and have us playing for national championships every year.  Arkansas is a tough place to win.

Under Bielema,  we have had some good wins against LSU,  Ole Miss,  Auburn,  Miss State, Tennessee,  Texas,  Texas Tech, TCU, Missouri,  Kansas State and so forth.  I would like to see him and the staff further develop the talent we have.

Amen!

HawgTide

He had his shot. It didn't work. He's a nice guy just not the coach we need. Time to move on

East Clintwood

I see Jeffy has started to hire plants to start a disinformation campaign in support of his retaining Bert for a few more years in furtherance of the destruction on Razorback football.

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

presidenthog

He is a loser. Great coaches are not stubborn and married to a failing system. Great coaches adapt and change. Come up with original ideas, and solutions on thier own.

Bert has been told how to do everything his entire career and we are now seeing we hired a yes man who has no answers or solutions on his own.

carolinahogger

...I am not so sure that magic coach is out there that will come to Arkansas and have us playing for national championships every year...

Ridiculous straw man argument.

jacobp

I'm all but certain he will be back next year. I've always thought they'd give him around 6 years. With next year's schedule there are literally no more excuses though. 8 wins plus a bowl would be the absolute floor for that schedule.

HogPharmer

Quote from: carolinahogger on October 20, 2017, 11:30:06 pm
Ridiculous straw man argument.

As if anyone (other than Bama) truly EXPECTS to be playing for NCs every year... I think realistic expectations for hog fans are consistent 8 win seasons with occasional 10 win seasons and to be able to compete for an SEC championship once every decade or so. Of course we'd love more. But that's realistic to me anyways. CBB won't have us anywhere close to an SEC championship ever IMO. And 8 win seasons are now the desire that SEC west champions once were under his management.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

The Boar War

I don't think anyone's ready to fire him because we're not winning national championships in year 5.  Most are mad because we're not going to get to 5 wins in year 5.

The Boar War

Quote from: jacobp on October 20, 2017, 11:34:57 pm
I’m all but certain he will be back next year. I’ve always thought they’d give him around 6 years. With next year’s schedule there are literally no more excuses though. 8 wins plus a bowl would be the absolute floor for that schedule.

This is exactly what was said last year.

Michael_E_Davis

The stadium is glowing red tonight! That means war! Wooo! Go Hogs!

"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

jkstock04

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 20, 2017, 11:44:08 pm

90% chance you are drunk.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

3kgthog

Let's break down those awesome wins you spoke of.

Texas - worst offensive team Texas had in decades. Strong fired.

Ole Miss - Took the luckiest play in Hog history to beat them once. Freeze was an average and immoral coach. Top talent, underachievers. Fired.

LSU - some of the weaker Tiger teams in recent memory. Les fired.

Texas Tech - ran over them one year, got steamrolled at home the next. Kingsbury will be canned in the next 1-2 years.

KState - it's KSU. Decent team but no one we should ever lose to.

Missouri - couldn't beat their best team. Already lost and choked against one of their worst.

MSU -beating a Dakless MSU isn't that impressive.

Tennessee - Another team with an average coach that's about to be fired.

TCU - one of Patterson's worst teams in years. Came back one season later and stomped a mud hole in us at home.

Now, should we go over BB's bad losses?

HogPharmer

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 20, 2017, 11:57:37 pm

Next his rear view mirror will be glowing blue!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 20, 2017, 11:58:55 pm

Now, should we go over BB's bad losses?

You'd break a HV server listing all those out.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 20, 2017, 11:57:37 pm

Drunk?   Are you kidding?   Alcohol is for people who can't find a good substance.

ChitownHawg

We will have to get an up and comer which brings risks in hiring. Too many good programs will be hiring at the same time as us.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jkstock04

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 21, 2017, 12:00:27 am
Next his rear view mirror will be glowing blue!
LOL! I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who doesn't watch the games but goes to Dickson Street instead. Then starts threads telling what's what...without watching the game.

Hell if I didn't watch any of the games and got drunk on Dickson I may be able to convince myself Bielema is an awesome coach.

On second thought...ya probably not.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bret Bielema, operates, as best he can, the worst offensive a team like Arkansas can have.  Bret Bielema doesn't coach the team, he walks along side the team.  Bret Bielema plays players he likes personally and not necessarily the best players for the team.  Bret Bielema has no path to a decent win level, never has the team ready to start a season, doesn't know who on the team provides the best opportunity to win, and has a staff who tries to do what Bret wants as opposed to doing what the team needs to go won.  Bielema is a way overpaid loser.

presidenthog

Quote from: 12247 on October 21, 2017, 12:19:54 am
Bret Bielema, operates, as best he can, the worst offensive a team like Arkansas can have.  Bret Bielema doesn't coach the team, he walks along side the team.  Bret Bielema plays players he likes personally and not necessarily the best players for the team.  Bret Bielema has no path to a decent win level, never has the team ready to start a season, doesn't know who on the team provides the best opportunity to win, and has a staff who tries to do what Bret wants as opposed to doing what the team needs to go won.  Bielema is a way overpaid loser.

kodiakisland

So how about a winning record every couple of years?  That what you want?  Cause that's what Bielema is giving us.  Hard to get excited over the rare 8-5 season he has brought us.

And as far as your argument goes, these freshman aren't magic and aren't going to do anything more under Bielema than any other freshman have, unless maybe get us that rare 8-5 season again.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Piggfoot

Beliema gets two more years unless next year shows a severe drop in ticket sales. You guys who want him gone go ahead and drop your tickets. Show Long that HV means business.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

bennyl08

Quote from: jacobp on October 20, 2017, 11:34:57 pm
I'm all but certain he will be back next year. I've always thought they'd give him around 6 years. With next year's schedule there are literally no more excuses though. 8 wins plus a bowl would be the absolute floor for that schedule.

Tougher schedule. New qb. New OL. Nothing about next year will be easier than this year.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Torqued pork

The opioid epidemic ain't pretty.

buldozer

Quote from: 12247 on October 21, 2017, 12:19:54 am
^^^This about covers it all!^^^

factchecker

This is year 5.

He has had plenty of time.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

welchog

No.  It means we wasted tax payer dollars on electricity we don't need to waste.

But back to the OP...time to pack up and go Bret.  After this next game, many around here will be happy to lend a hand in that endeavor.

welchog

At least HDN had a conference record above 500.  That should be the minimum standard for employment especially after 5 years on the job.

I'm sick of this 8 wins measure being thrown out.  This is not the 70s where 8 wins meant only 2 losses.

longtimeHogfan

Yeah....war eagle. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

jst01

I look forward to the embarrassing loss tonight so these irrational hopeful B.B. lovers just stop with the fake belief.

hoglady

Not me - I hope Bielema is shown the door at the end of the season.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Cambridge Hog

What am I feeling optimistic about this game?

Kelley has made the season (somewhat) fun again.  Do think this team will be pretty good next year, no matter who the coach is at that time.

BoarnSupremacy

Too many missing parts of the puzzle.  They wont be good.

007 License To Squeal

I just puked in my mouth a little..........I think you are a troll...or proxie identity..
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HOGINTENNESSEE

Bielema biggest issues has been not beating the team he should. Mizz, Miss State, A&M, Toledo, Texas tech.

Yeah he has had some nice wins. But that doesn't cut it

hog911

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 11:15:54 pm
I see Jeffy has started to hire plants to start a disinformation campaign in support of his retaining Bert for a few more years in furtherance of the destruction on Razorback football.
Jeffy has been infiltrating hogville and all other Razorback chat sites from day one! Control what people see and hear and you control their beliefs and thoughts! Media has been doing this for years, but people are starting to wise up to the nonsense. Jeff is NOT one of us and could careless if we win or lose as long as he shines!

RazorbackToTheFuture

The only ppl that want Bert to stay are restaurant owners.

Hoggish1

Don't forget the beat down of Florida last year.

There is always a risk in changing coaches.  I would love to see BB turn it around this year and get one more year.  I do think he will have to part ways with his O-line coach if he stays.

Seebs

No game was more important that South Carolina for CBB in his Arkansas tenure. Everyone knew what was at stake. The sheets were so soiled that they had to be burned. Can't do that man.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HardCore

The stadium is glowing red tonight!

Isn't that the biblical sign for the end of everything?
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

VirginiaHog

I too hope he stays. That means he likely wins out. And that is what we all want. If he could win out I would say we turned the corner. Next year is an easier schedule. Cole will be the man. Go hogs beat Auburn.

From Tusk Till Dawn

I am fine with him staying, but at no point can he have a losing season.  I think my sanity and recruiting is dependent on a bowl appearance ever year which is not a super high bar.  However, I feel like the bar should really be 50% of sec play.  Anybody who thinks 9 wins is the minimum should seek medical attention. 

parallaxpig

2013   Arkansas   3–9   0–8            
2014   Arkansas   7–6   2–6   
2015   Arkansas   8–5   5–3      
2016   Arkansas   7–6   3–5         
2017   Arkansas   2–4   0–3

Yes, he is really close let's keep him.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

hawgtime

[I would like to see

I would like to see what another coach can do?  I think CBB is a decent recruiter and gets good kids that have the chance to develop but that isn't happening.

bye bye CBB

hawgtime

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 21, 2017, 07:18:49 am
I just puked in my mouth a little..........I think you are a troll...or proxie identity..

LOL

jdelo77

I like the guy , I would probably drink beer with him and yes a few years ago I never would have hesitated to send my son to play for him but , that was a few years ago !!!
I like him as a person but he's not the right man to be the head coach on the hill anymore ..

PygmalionEffect2

It's not even so much the ridiculous record he has as it is the way in which he is losing.

Fans with minimal perception skills that can take off the cardinal colored glasses would immediately recognize that he'll never accomplish anything great here unless he suddenly learns how to be a head coach of a major program beyond giving entertaining press conferences.

He has that aspect down, but is literally a baffoon at most else.

What coach can't figure out who his best players are?!   My god. 
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 21, 2017, 08:36:59 am
2013   Arkansas   3–9   0–8            
2014   Arkansas   7–6   2–6   
2015   Arkansas   8–5   5–3      
2016   Arkansas   7–6   3–5         
2017   Arkansas   2–4   0–3

Yes, he is really close let's keep him.
Close to what exactly?  Whats the bar?