Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri State Preview / Starting rotation

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 30, 2015, 03:33:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 30, 2015, 03:33:44 pm Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:53:08 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
PREVIEW:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-to-host-missouri-state-in-midweek-action-03-30-2015

Tuesday's game will be broadcasted live on SEC Network Plus and the WatchESPN App.

Probable Starters
Tue | 6:35p | (ARK) RHP James Teague or RHP Keaton McKinney vs. (MSU) LHP Andy Cheray

Tuesday's Possible Starters
James Teague is coming off the longest outing of his career last week, tossing 5.0 innings and giving up five hits and one run to earn the second win of his collegiate career. He threw just 50 pitches and struck out one in the victory. Teague has allowed just two extra base hits on the year in 18.2 innings of work.

Keaton McKinney is starting to settle in on the mound and has allowed just one earned run over his last two outings and 7.0 innings of work. He tossed 3.0 innings against Ole Miss and allowed just one hit and no earned runs, while striking out a career-high tying four batters. He has allowed three earned runs or less in seven of his nine appearances this season.

Series History
Arkansas is 49-20 all-time against Missouri State, including a 32-8 record in Fayetteville. The Razorbacks have won 10 straight against the Bears, including a 4-1 victory in Springfield, Missouri last year where Michael Bernal reached base three times and launched a two-run homer in the second inning. Dominic Taccolini earned the win in 2.0 scoreless innings with two strikeouts.

March Madness
Tuesday caps off the busiest month of the year for the Razorbacks, playing 22 games during March, including a stretch of eight games in eight days from March 14-21. Arkansas opened the month winning five straight games and has currently won three of four. Arkansas' last stretch of 22 games during a single month came during March of 2003, posting a 17-5 record.

ARKANSAS GAME NOTES:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/5519a8f1e4b092b219a83b85

MISSOURI STATE GAME NOTES:
http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/033015aaa.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Probable Pitchers                     W-L    APP    GS     ERA      IP    SO    BB
MSU - LHP Andy Cheray            2-2      6       6      5.74   26.2   16    13
ARK - RHP James Teague          1-1      7       3      5.79   18.2   14    14
- or - RHP Keaton McKinney      1-1      9       7      4.40   30.2   22    15

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 30, 2015, 03:49:17 pm #1 Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:59:47 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Not surprised it's a either/or with McKinney or Teague. Teague is due to pitch and has done better lately and McKinney looked really good against Ole Miss.

McKinney may be the type of pitcher that does better when he pitches more often, I think I give him the start and about 3 innings or so and then bring Teague in and let him go as far as he can.

ricepig

I don't want to over work them, they are starting to pitch well and we need every arm.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2015, 04:13:41 pm
I don't want to over work them, they are starting to pitch well and we need every arm.

I would go with Teague, or Lowery, then depending on how big a lead (or whether we had a lead) we had after three or four, go with the three other guys listed that had at least one good outing and then went south.  We will need more arms before its done.  Chadwick and Patten are the most likely to be brought back from the dog pound/woodshed.
                                  era       w/l
28 James Teague          5.79      1-1
36 Cannon Chadwick      7.30      1-0
48 Jonah Patten            9.58      0-0
34 Parker Sanburn        15.43      0-1
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

SPAL

I would throw teague and save the McKinney/Lowery combo for Auburn.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 30, 2015, 05:17:15 pm
I would throw teague and save the McKinney/Lowery combo for Auburn.
McKinney on Tuesday and Sunday should work.