Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there video of Bobby stealing home?

Started by bamahogfan, March 28, 2015, 07:52:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

Lake City Hog

Prestn

Lake City Hog

Nope, I watched the replay agin last night and it happened about 1 hour and 40 minutes into the game. Cameras missed it completely. Announcers almost missed it, they were awful busy talking about other things.

Hogtown1

Checked the replays at 1hr and 40 minutesbbdidnt see anything. What day was this game?

jbell96

The play happened when they showed a replay of Spanberger's infield hit.

Razor6

Hate that there is no video evidence of this.

But... GO HOGS
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Mike Irwin

Everybody but Wernes and the umpires fell for it because of the actions of the Ole Miss players after Spanberger's RBI to 3rd. They all thought somebody had called time out when in fact none was called. The media in the press box assumed there was a time out. The camera operators were doing various things. Ours was getting a shot of the scoreboard which we do after every run scored by either team.

This was a one in a thousand situation. I'm not surprised at all that nobody caught it on camera.

bulldog04

It's a good thing he didn't try it Thursday night with that umpire

SPAL

Wernes had the presence of mind to ask vitello if time Had been called and when he said no, wernes went.

Amityvillehogger

Can someone that was there tell me what exactly happen? I know our runner scored and Bobby made it to 3rd. Had the ball made it to the infield? Outfielder Cadillacing on getting the ball back in? Thrown to pitcher and he not paying attention?

I'm trying to paint a picture in my head of what happen....
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

SPAL

C-span was up with the bases loaded (wernes was on 2nd) and had just hit a hard grounder to 3rd that the 3rd baseman dove for, got a glove on, but couldn't corral and couldn't make a play on . He threw it back to the pitcher who wasn't on the rubber , and everybody moved up a base. The ole miss catcher went out to talk to the pitcher , who still had the ball, leaving home un protected. Everybody, and I mean everybody but Wernes, assumed time had been called, and when Wernes realized time had not been called, put his head down and ran like his pants were on fire and crossed the plate without a play...

Ole Miss coach came out to ask, but didn't seem to be agitated by the answer, and quickly went back to the dugout. I think I was one of the few that was watching Wernes when he took off.

It was a play I will never forget

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 30, 2015, 09:36:45 am
C-span was up with the bases loaded (wernes was on 2nd) and had just hit a hard grounder to 3rd that the 3rd baseman dove for, got a glove on, but couldn't corral and couldn't make a play on . He threw it back to the pitcher who wasn't on the rubber , and everybody moved up a base. The ole miss catcher went out to talk to the pitcher , who still had the ball, leaving home un protected. Everybody, and I mean everybody but Wernes, assumed time had been called, and when Wernes realized time had not been called, put his head down and ran like his pants were on fire and crossed the plate without a play...

Ole Miss coach came out to ask, but didn't seem to be agitated by the answer, and quickly went back to the dugout. I think I was one of the few that was watching Wernes when he took off.

Thats awesome. Nice heads up by Wernes.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

bamahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 30, 2015, 09:36:45 am

Thanks for the details. 

Maddhog

He ran like the wind.  It was such a surprise that it took a few seconds to register with my group what had happened.   I heard myself screaming "Bobby's stealing home!"   It was a beautiful day at Baum.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."