Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 27 Thread: ARKANSAS (13-13, 2-6 SEC) vs. Ole Miss (14-13, 4-4 SEC

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 28, 2015, 02:10:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

Wernes base hit to CF.....
Men on 1st and 3rd    2 outs
Bernal to the plate
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 28, 2015, 03:26:27 pm
Gassaway lined out to SS, Spoon grounded out to SS,
Nourma HBP
Man on 1st    2 outs
Wermes to the plate
+1, welcome back!

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

Bernal works the count full....then draws BB..
Bases loaded     2 outs
Pinch hitter for Pennell......Spanberger to the plate for Hogs

PoconoHog

SPAL

Gosser summoned from the bullpen and will catch from here on in.

PoconoHog

Spanberger falls behind on the count 0-2...fouls several balls off....then ground ball to 3rd....error...
Run scores
Rebs lead 2-1    Bases loaded   2 outs

PoconoHog

Holy cow...Wernes scores from 3rd when Rebs did not call time out on catcher visit to the mound leaving plate uncovered..
Game tied    2 - 2

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 28, 2015, 03:39:53 pm
Holy cow...Wernes scores from 3rd when Rebs did not call time out on catcher visit to the mound leaving plate uncovered..
Game tied    2 - 2
Incredible
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

I'm following the game via radio...hard to describe exactly what happened when I can't see it

PoconoHog

SPAL

That is exactly what happened....no time was called and wernes took advantage of an uncovered plate.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 28, 2015, 03:41:56 pm
I'm following the game via radio...hard to describe exactly what happened when I can't see it
That's ok. I can't describe it even when I watch it
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

Shaddy strikes out with two men on base to end the inning....
Heading to top of 6th
Hogs lead 3 - 2

SPAL

Ive now given myself a headache. That was a good baseball inning.

PoconoHog

I lost a post somethwere....right after Serrano got a base hit....lost connection...

Anyway....4-5 6 batters due up for Rebs in top of 6th

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SPAL

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Position changes....Shaddy goes to catcher....Spanberger to 1st...and Serrano to LF..
Think that is correct...
Somebody corret me if I'm wrong

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 28, 2015, 03:45:46 pm
Hogs made position changes that I did not catch....
Serrano goes from 1b to lf...Shaddy goes from lf to catcher....Spanberger goes to 1b after pinch hitting for Pennell who was catching

PoconoHog

Next batter Watson...works count full....then K's swinging...

Man on 1st    1 out

PoconoHog

Next batter Woodman...base hit to RF...
Men on 1st and 2nd     1 out

PoconoHog

Next batter Knight....K's on check swing...
2 outs     2 on

PoconoHog

Seem to be having problems when I try to post....will keep up as good as I can...

PoconoHog

Ball in the dirt...runner takes off from 2nd ....safe at 3rd
Men on 1st and 3rd     2 outs

PoconoHog

Next Batter Dishon....grounds ball to 3rd...out at 1st to end the inning....
Heading to bottom of 6th
HOGS lead 3 - 2

SPAL

From here the play at 3rd he was out. What did the replay show?

PoconoHog

Benintendi, Gassaway and Spoon due up for Hogs in bottom of 6th

PeabodyHawg

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 28, 2015, 03:58:03 pm
Replay appeared to show him safe to me.

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

Benintendi ground ball to SS...out at 1st
1 out    Gassaway to the plate

GatorHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 28, 2015, 03:58:03 pm

Very very close, but probably safe, almost impossibly safe since the ball definitely beat the runner.  Wernes went middle, but he's out if he went left or right for an arm.

PoconoHog

Gassaway works the count full...then draws BB
1 on    1 out    Spoon to the plate

SPAL

Quote from: GatorHog on March 28, 2015, 04:00:47 pm
Very very close, but probably safe, almost impossibly safe since the ball definitely beat the runner.  Wernes went middle, but he's out if he went left or right for an arm.

I went nuts anyway. Good to know I was wrong.

PoconoHog

Spoon line drive off the 1st baseman glove....
Men on 1st and 3rd    1 out
Nomura to the plate

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

GatorHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 28, 2015, 04:03:46 pm
I went nuts anyway. Good to know I was wrong.

They don't give out T-shirts for veracity, they give 'em out for TENACITY!

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

GatorHog

So every Arkansas hit or run this game has come with me listening to the game, but not watching. After the 4th inning or so, I minimized the Watch ESPN app on my laptop to do some other work and listen to the game, then we RALLY.

Ergo, if I don't watch, we will do well.  But that sucks, cause I can't watch.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

Nomura falls in the hole 0- 2....then K's swinging...
Men on the corners    2 outs
Wernes to the plate

PoconoHog