Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

key moments in last night's win....

Started by SPAL, March 27, 2015, 09:28:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Taco pitching around his erratic control to keep The hogs in striking distance. Had we had to go to the pen that early, it is probably a loss.

Jackson gives up a hit and two walks to  load the bases with no outs, then promptly strikes out the side. Another missed opportunity for the Rebs.

What say you?

southarkhog06

agreed, BTW shoutout to all the guys that do PBP. Extra shoutout to guys like you and Tiki who bring bits of info from the park to those of us that live to far away to attend on a regular basis.

spe450

My key moment was when the ole miss softball team quit cheering.  Seemed to happen all at once.

Razorback7281

Quote from: spe450 on March 27, 2015, 10:46:30 am
My key moment was when the ole miss softball team quit cheering.  Seemed to happen all at once.
Is that who that was?  Man that was annoying in the background on TV.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Kevin

yes, the two pitchers working themselves into & out of jams
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Maddhog

Jackson pitching himself out of that jam was amazing and was my highlight.   

Hope we can somehow keep this momentum going.   

We are on a winning streak!!   😀🐗⚾️
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

flippinhogmana

Speaking of key moments...tonight is a key moment in the season, not just a game.

If a combination of Killian's dominant pitching, and the Arkansas offense can give us a win tonight, then we have a chance to turn this season around quickly.  Obviously I am hoping for that.  Actually, I am hoping for a complete game from Killian since we used Jackson last night. 

If we were able to save Stone for Saturday that would give us, Alberius (four innings on Tuesday), Lowery (two innings Tuesday), Cannon Chadwick (plenty rested), Patten (plenty rested), Sanburn (plenty rested), Pate (plenty rested) and Stone (it appears we arent going to use Fant).  Everyone else has been used on Wednesday or later by then (including some of them perhaps if Killian cant do a complete game). 

I doubt that McKinney (four innings Wednesday) or Teague (five innings Wednesday)  will be available.  I am not sure whether or how much DVH might elect to use Jackson.

As I outlined in another thread, the next two weeks are the most favorable we have had for a while (Mississippi Valley State, Auburn, Kentucky, Stephen F. Austin).
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

pigture perfect

Big Taco coming back out after the shaky 3rd and settling down. Great win.

On a side note, I watched ESPN's replay. They time edited out about half of the scoring. Disappointed again by them.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Razorback7281 on March 27, 2015, 10:50:49 am

Just be thankful you were not sitting in front of them.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: spe450 on March 27, 2015, 10:46:30 am

AMEN - the person or persons responsible for putting them in 103 directly behind the tv camera (so they could be heard non-stop) should be drawn, quartered, flogged, boiled in oil, and fired. If I wanted to hear that jibber jabber I'd go to Bogle Park.

I lost my composure and told them to shut up, but it didn't help very much. I felt better, though.

Annoying opposing fans should sit in 118 or 98 - no exceptions.

BroyledNutts

Key moment for me was when Tites Orifice botched the shot down the first base line and it went to the corner - it seemed to open the flood gates for the offense.

Jackson's striking out of the side with bases loaded and no out was an instant Razorback Baseball classic moment.

Sueie

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 27, 2015, 12:08:40 pm
Key moment for me was when Tites Orifice botched the shot down the first base line and it went to the corner - it seemed to open the flood gates for the offense.

Jackson's striking out of the side with bases loaded and no out was an instant Razorback Baseball classic moment.

He botched that call because I had him so "PI$$ED" about striking out that he did not realize that he was at a baseball game.  Can't wait till tonight to do it again.

Sueie

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 27, 2015, 12:04:15 pm
AMEN - the person or persons responsible for putting them in 103 directly behind the tv camera (so they could be heard non-stop) should be drawn, quartered, flogged, boiled in oil, and fired. If I wanted to hear that jibber jabber I'd go to Bogle Park.

I lost my composure and told them to shut up, but it didn't help very much. I felt better, though.

The razorback fans sitting in that section told them to sit there.  For about half the game the Ole Miss softball team were the only fans making any noise.  Our fans were sound asleep.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Sueie on March 27, 2015, 12:29:59 pm
The razorback fans sitting in that section told them to sit there.  For about half the game the Ole Miss softball team were the only fans making any noise.  Our fans were sound asleep.

I guess it's from the lackluster results or maybe the colder temps, but the crowd this year has been abnormally non-vocal, even at key times - it's been a weird season so far.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Sueie on March 27, 2015, 12:27:03 pm
He botched that call because I had him so "PI$$ED" about striking out that he did not realize that he was at a baseball game.  Can't wait till tonight to do it again.

Get him...

spe450

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 27, 2015, 12:04:15 pm

To be honest, they could've moved wherever they wanted last night.  At least their dancing was entertaining.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: Maddhog on March 27, 2015, 11:18:55 am
Jackson pitching himself out of that jam was amazing and was my highlight.   

Hope we can somehow keep this momentum going.   

We are on a winning streak!!   ⚾️

Maybe and hopefully the defining moment of our season. A simply amazing feat no doubt!

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: Razorback7281 on March 27, 2015, 10:50:49 am
Yep....had to miss the game last night....probably a good thing....their cheering...or whatever it was they were doing....was annoying enough on tv...I can only imagine how annoying it must have been at the game! 

SPAL

Let's give credit where credit is due....

Pennell kept a ton of balls in front of him that were in the dirt. Several could have gotten by him. He didn't allow one to get away. Great job by TP

BroyledNutts

Quote from: spe450 on March 27, 2015, 03:50:24 pm
To be honest, they could've moved wherever they wanted last night.  At least their dancing was entertaining.

Hmmm...hadn't thought of that - I should've paid more attention

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 27, 2015, 05:42:28 pm
Let's give credit where credit is due....

Pennell kept a ton of balls in front of him that were in the dirt. Several could have gotten by him. He didn't allow one to get away. Great job by TP

Agreed...he's our best defensive option there IMHO

Scott7703

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 27, 2015, 06:13:20 pm
Agreed...he's our best defensive option there IMHO

Recently he has put together more good at bats than the others also. In my opinion he should be in there every day.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 28, 2015, 11:50:16 am
Recently he has put together more good at bats than the others also. In my opinion he should be in there every day.
Especially on Thursday night when he saw like 25 pitches at the plate even though he didn't get a hit.  He forced Ole Miss to work to get him out which allowed the top of the lineup to just go crazy.

Scott7703

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 28, 2015, 07:26:08 pm
Especially on Thursday night when he saw like 25 pitches at the plate even though he didn't get a hit.  He forced Ole Miss to work to get him out which allowed the top of the lineup to just go crazy.

Yeah, he had two really good at bats Thursday. I also think he is by far our best defensive catcher. Unlike years in the past we are getting offense from enough other places that I can live with what Pennell does at the plate.

SPAL

Pennell has really emerged. A few days ago, I said Gosser was our best option, but TP has shown me otherwise.

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 28, 2015, 08:44:42 pm
Pennell has really emerged. A few days ago, I said Gosser was our best option, but TP has shown me otherwise.

I knew you would come around, I like all of our kids, but at this time, Pannell is our best defensive catcher.

southarkhog06

I think we got spoiled with Wise and McCann's abilities behind the plate the last few years that we have highly underrated TP. He manages the pitchers well, recieves very decently and very little gets past him. He doesnt have the cannon Wise or McCann had but not many college players do. I hope we see him as the everyday from here on out.

SPAL

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 30, 2015, 11:09:01 am
I think we got spoiled with Wise and McCann's abilities behind the plate the last few years that we have highly underrated TP. He manages the pitchers well, recieves very decently and very little gets past him. He doesnt have the cannon Wise or McCann had but not many college players do. I hope we see him as the everyday from here on out.

You're probably right. I just root for Gosser. I want him to be successful so bad.

Probably a moot point if N-rod is what we all believe he is and comes ready next year.

southarkhog06

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 30, 2015, 11:19:15 am

You're probably right. I just root for Gosser. I want him to be successful so bad.

Probably a moot point if N-rod is what we all believe he is and comes ready next year.
Gosser is a good player and easy to root for I just fear he is in over his head. He isnt as good defensively as Pennell and with all the other bats and our pitching struggles we can really afford to sacrifice offense for defense at C. His frame really doesnt allow him to play anywhere else on the field, and he isnt nearly as scary to righties as C-Span(dunno who came up with that but thank you its awesome). Right now his only real use is a late game PH against righties, unfortunately he seems to be a guy that loses his timing easy if he isnt getting regular AB's.