Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good, Bad, or Ugly.....i love Arkansas Baseball.

Started by SPAL, March 27, 2015, 08:20:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Obviously, winning is much more fun. But I love baseball. I love everything about it. I still love going to the ball park even to watch a struggling team. But I can't do that for other sports.  I say this and mean it,

I would rather attend a huge baseball game at Baum Stadium than I would a huge football game. I'll be traveling to Creighton to watch the hogs in that tourney. I just have a blast during baseball season.

Anybody else feel similar ways?

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 27, 2015, 08:20:53 am
Obviously, winning is much more fun. But I love baseball. I love everything about it. I still love going to the ball park even to watch a struggling team. But I can't do that for other sports.  I say this and mean it,

I would rather attend a huge baseball game at Baum Stadium than I would a huge football game. I'll be traveling to Creighton to watch the hogs in that tourney. I just have a blast during baseball season.

I agree with you!!!  Or it could just be the ball park food, haha, nah it's the game and the ballpark food

knoxvillehog

Sir Pigs, I am with you although I love Hog football and basketball as well.

I have watched or listened to about every game this year and went to the Sat evening game at Vandy and love it. Even though they are struggling and it can be frustrating it is a blast. Me and my boys love baseball.

Maddhog

I love football and baseball equally but baseball is unique.  I, too, can continue to support them when they struggle.   I respect and trust DVH even when I don't always understand his strategy.   If we had a football coach who got us to a decent bowl for 13 straight years we would be desperate to keep him.  Or if we had a basketball coach who got us into postseason play every year with a few Elite 8s (CWS), we would be crowning him king.   The "casual" baseball fan doesn't have a whole lot of patience.  They expect something close to perfection or they "just can't watch this!"    The nucleus of fans who truly love the game and all its highs and lows is really fairly small at Arkansas.   

BTW, anyone truly paying attention to the program had to know that this could potentially be a tough year.   #WPS
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

southarkhog06

not just the hogs but baseball has always been my favorite sport to attend. There is no better value for a long weekend get away than catching an SEC series in May.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigture perfect

Football and baseball tie for my affection. I'm not dissing the basketball team in any way.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BroyledNutts

March 27, 2015, 11:34:42 am #7 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:53:57 am by BroyledNutts

Gave up my football season tickets, restructured my foundation donations to go strictly to baseball cause they need it and can use it...I will sit in Baum Stadium in driving rain, freezing cold, and blazing heat - and I wouldn't do that for any other sport on campus - I have watched bad, good, and incredible baseball and cheered with equal enthusiasm - I've learned over the years to applaud good plays made by the opponent - I've even felt bad for the little schools getting pounded...When we used to host, I would go and watch the other teams in the regional, just to be in the park, watch baseball, and quietly watch the reactions from other fans about seeing Baum for the first time. I have paced my backyard, CWS in my ears, scaring the hell out of the dogs and the neighbors, hanging on every pitch...I make sure I can hear the game, no matter where I am or what I'm doing - and if it's a tv game, I usually record it even though I'm at the park...just so I can go home and see if I was right or wrong about griping a call. Over the years I've learned the game at a deeper level and understand it better by watching Razorback Baseball at close range...
RBI girls, RBI girls, RBI girls - make me happy when skies are grey.
It will always be Razorback Baseball - first, last, always.

Knot2brite

I will watch football on tv but I can't stand going to the stadium because of all the idiots . I will go to Baum because I love that atmosphere
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

WilsonHog

I love Razorback football, but baseball is my favorite game.

I was reminded of one of the reasons why Wednesday night. My wife and I went to Autozone and met our son there. We sat for two hours, just watching baseball and talking. It was a beautiful evening. That would have never happened at a football or basketball game.

There is nothing like spending a few hours at the ballpark.