Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 26 Thread: ARKANSAS (13-12, 2-5 SEC) vs. Ole Miss (13-13, 3-4 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 27, 2015, 03:30:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Knot2brite

Peterson just call Sykes the face of ole piss baseball...he is the face of weight watchers
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 27, 2015, 09:28:35 pm
Peterson just call Sykes the face of ole piss baseball...he is the face of weight watchers
Can't be weight watchers, maybe hungry hungry hippos.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 27, 2015, 09:31:04 pm
Can't be weight watchers, maybe hungry hungry hippos.
Or what Spanky from little rascals looks like all grown up
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E   LOB
Ole Miss           0   3   0   1   1   0   0   0   0     5    9    3     9
Arkansas          0   1   0   1   0   0   2   0          4    9    0    10

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Leading off the 9th for the Hogs is Benintendi: 1-4 with a homer and 2 RBI's today. (.326)

On deck is Spanberger,

then Bonfield Nomura

and Spoon

and Bernal

and McAfee should be more than enough........

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Spanberger coming up: 0-2 today, .296 on the season

new pitcher for Ole Miss is Wyatt Short 0.59 ERA, 15.1 IP in 8 appearances

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Nomura (.316) coming up, first at bat today ...last chance for the Hogs..........

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Spoon represents the winning run with the tying run on first base and 2 outs.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

The ump robbed us of this game in the second inning.  I know we had plenty of chances to win, but that put us way behind the eight ball.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

FINAL:

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E   LOB
Ole Miss           0   3   0   1   1   0   0   0   0     5    9    3     9
Arkansas          0   1   0   1   0   0   2   0   0     4    9    0    11

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SPAL

Piss ant ump....terrible. I don't complain much about officuatibgz but yes.....blue cost us this one.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SPAL

Dr. Starcs

Ump will be at 2nd/3rd base tomorrow. He should be verbally accosted tomorrow too.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 27, 2015, 09:46:29 pm
Piss ant ump....terrible. I don't complain much about officuatibgz but yes.....blue cost us this one.
Well they didn't help for sure, but we left a lot of guys on base tonight. We have no one to blame but ourselves.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 27, 2015, 09:45:01 pm
Thanks for the pbp, Razorbacks#1, +1
Thanks to you for all you do, not only for the input on the game thread, but most importantly for what you do for the entire EI forum. Without you, ucahogfan, sir-pigs-a lot, PonoconHog, many Hog fans would be left in the dark. Kudo's to all of you, and my most respects and admiration for the hogfandom displayed here. Go RAZORBACKS!

THUNDER!

SPAL

Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 27, 2015, 09:57:10 pm
Well they didn't help for sure, but we left a lot of guys on base tonight. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Yeah we were 2-8 with risp..... But, despite that, we lost by a run and to me, it all goes back to inning number 2.

PRORODEO51

Question...can you be thrown out of the stadium for calling out an ump by name? I wasn't there tonight but will be present tomorrow and wanted to give Rob an earful !

BroyledNutts

Well that stinks.

I really wanted a win to vindicate a lot of things tonight...DVH, Eagan, Killian getting pinched, Ole Miss getting chippy, "fans" scowling at their own for being into the game, and an ump that shouldn't be allowed to call Junior High softball.

There were too many small mistakes that created a hump we just couldn't get over - swinging at high pitches, growing timid at the plate (although its understandable with the imaginary strike zone tonight), and way too many left on base - and other than Beni's HR, we never really got the momentum shifting hit we needed.

Oh well...this loss is nothing a pot of Irish Coffee and a little sleep won't salve over...get after them again tomorrow.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SPAL

Quote from: PRORODEO51 on March 27, 2015, 10:35:02 pm
Question...can you be thrown out of the stadium for calling out an ump by name? I wasn't there tonight but will be present tomorrow and wanted to give Rob an earful !

Half of baum, me included, would have been tossed if it were the case tonight.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks sir-pig for the pictures and first hand updates from the park, awesome job! +1
and BroyledNuts also!!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Dave Van Horn Uncut Post Game After Ejection:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/dave-van-horn-uncut-post-game-after-ejection/66122/wzgk8U1je0mwCLWIqYyA1g

Watch the uncut post game press conference with Head Coach Dave Van Horn.

Van Horn and Sophomore infielder Clark Eagan both ejected during the Hogs 5-4 loss Friday night to Ole Miss.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

In case you missed it, here is Benintendi's home run in the 7th inning, his 7th of the year. It might have put him into the top ten in Div. 1 for home runs so far this year. Benintendi leads the team and ranks No. 2 in the SEC.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

RECAP HERE:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-drops-5-4-decision-to-ole-miss-03-27-2015
Arkansas Head Coach Dave Van Horn statement: "There was a lot of chit-chat going on from their dugout in the top of the first, but not much really happened.  It was some different opinions.  Give credit to Ole Miss.  They got a couple big hits when they worked some counts and Trey had to lay it in there a little bit.  I thought on the other hand, our team battled back.  They played hard, played good defense.  We just left too many runners out on base."

Van Horn on tonight's pitching performance: "They did a good job.  The pitching has been good all week for the most part. We've played four games now in four days.  We've had a chance to win every game - won two of them and lost two, couple one run games.  Probably the main reason is our pitching has had a good week."

BOX SCORE HERE:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/551619cae4b092b219a83a2b

PHOTO GALLERY HERE:
https://arkrazorbacks.exposure.co/razorbackbsb-game-2-vs-ole-miss