Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 26 Thread: ARKANSAS (13-12, 2-5 SEC) vs. Ole Miss (13-13, 3-4 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 27, 2015, 03:30:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS vs OLE MISS at BAUM STADIUM--FRIDAY 6:03pm   

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

First pitch is set for 6:03pm Friday. This game will be will be televised on SECNetwork and will be streamed online on SEC Network +, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. 

Arkansas (13-12) used 15 hits to win game 1 of the 3 game SEC series against Ole Miss  (13-13) and goes for the series win today. Arkansas pitchers held Ole Miss batters to just 5 hits and 3 runs while the Razorbacks sent 10 runners across the plate to improve their SEC conference record to 2-5 while Ole Miss dropped to 3-4.

Game 2 could be more of a pitchers duel as Arkansas is expected to send ace pitcher Trey Killian to the mound for just the 4th time this year. In his last eight starts against SEC teams dating back to last year, he has allowed just nine earned runs, while striking out 43. Killian pitched 8.0 innings and gave up three runs against Ole Miss last year. After a quality start against #1 LSU last week, Killian is just two weeks removed from tossing 7.0 perfect innings against then #1 Vanderbilt and earning Louisville Slugger National Pitcher of the Week honors.

Ole Miss will counter with Brady Bramlett who is tied for fifth in the SEC with 42 strikeouts and has not allow an earned run in three of his six starts. Through his first two career SEC starts he only allowed two earned runs in 13 innings and pitched a career-high seven innings without allowing an earned run at No. 1 LSU.

Probable Pitchers                 W-L     APP   GS    ERA      IP     SO    BB
OM - RHP Brady Bramlett      3-1       6      6    1.54    35.0    42     6
ARK - RHP Trey Killian           0-1       3      3    2.16    16.2    10     1

SATURDAY 2:00 P.M.
Arkansas - TBA
Ole Miss - TBA

ARKANSAS GAME NOTES:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/55139acbe4b092b219a83912

OLE MISS GAME NOTES:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/551399a8e4b092b219a8390a

PREVIEW:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-welcomes-ole-miss-for-three-game-series-03-24-2015

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

If you would like to take part in the play-by-play calling (even for an inning or two), just speak up. I am not sure if I will be able to help with play by play for this game, but will gladly assist someone else (or several) if I am needed and I am able. We will try to make sure this game thread happens for those that need it and for those that enjoy it and to provide a platform for great Hogville discussions. WPS!  :razorback:

onebadrubi

Man +1 to you, sir pigs. UCA and anyone else I maybe leaving out for putting all this together! 

I wasn't able to read the game thread from yesterday but was often flipping over to the game from the basketball games, do we have a coach OR player that could compete with ole miss 1b stash growth!  He looked like a shorter fatter tom sellick in that baseball movie

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 27, 2015, 08:34:03 am
Man +1 to you, sir pigs. UCA and anyone else I maybe leaving out for putting all this together! 

I wasn't able to read the game thread from yesterday but was often flipping over to the game from the basketball games, do we have a coach OR player that could compete with ole miss 1b stash growth!  He looked like a shorter fatter tom sellick in that baseball movie

Sikes Orvis played this guy in Super Trooper.

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 27, 2015, 08:34:03 am

Thanks, don't forget Razorback#1, he does a lot more behind the scenes that you don't see, such as planning to be here just to make sure the thread happens and in case he needs to cover.

tennesseehogwild

Huge game tonight! A win tonight and we have a chance to get back in the hunt!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

lineup for tonight

SPAL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SPAL

We are about 30 minutes away from the first pitch. The groundskeepers getting the field ready. Ole miss has just finished taking a round of infield. The hogs are warming down the left field side.

It is a cool day here at Baum, but a beautiful day. Stiff wind blowing out to right. Fans trickling in as the staff is rolling the tarp up and the chalking process begins.

It is almost game time, folks.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 27, 2015, 05:34:14 pm
We are about 30 minutes away from the first pitch. The groundskeepers getting the field ready. Ole miss has just finished taking a round of infield. The hogs are warming down the left field side.

It is a cool day here at Baum, but a beautiful day. Stiff wind blowing out to right. Fans trickling in as the staff is rolling the tarp up and the chalking process begins.

It is almost game time, folks.
Do you want pbp tonight?

Stiff wind out to right is interesting.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

.[vine]O32VAw3XFPM[/vine]

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SPAL

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 27, 2015, 05:42:47 pm
Do you want pbp tonight?

Stiff wind out to right is interesting.

I would really just like to enjoy watching tonight but I will pinch hit if needed for an inning or two.

SPAL

Coaches just finishing up with the home plate meeting, teams are headed to their respective dugouts, fans continue filing in and we are about 7 minutes away.

SPAL

Killian taking his warmup tosses as we are almost set for pitch 1

SPAL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

razorbacks#1 is going to do pbp, if someone else wants an inning or 2, just say so.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Play ball!

On the mound for the Razorbacks is Trey Killian (2.16era)
Behind the plate is Alex Gosser.

Leading off for Ole Miss is Golsan (.293)

SPAL

Goslan steps in and looks at a strike

0&1 slapped to McAfee for out 1

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SPAL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R   H   E   LOB
Ole Miss           0                                            0   0   0      0
Arkansas                                                        0    0   0     0

SPAL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Leading off for the Hogs is Joe Serrano (.292)

Brady Bramlett on the mound 1.54era

knoxvillehog

Glad the ole miss softball team isn't in the house tonight. Last night they were quite annoying.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Up Next: Bobby Wernes , .345 , 3 Hrs this season with a 5 game hitting streak.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Now Batting is Benintendi (.330) with 6 Hr's on the year, team leading 25 RBI's.

Razorbacks#1

Benintendi down swinging, questionable call, with DVH out to the ref. Wernes advances to 2nd

THUNDER!

TPM

What is "WHIP" in pitching stats?  Thought I knew all the abbreviations.  Thanks.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Batting next and clean up for the second night in a row is Cullen Gassaway (.438)

jfred59

Quote from: TPM on March 27, 2015, 06:17:29 pm
What is "WHIP" in pitching stats?  Thought I knew all the abbreviations.  Thanks.

walks/hits per innings pitched

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E   LOB
Ole Miss           0                                            0    0    0     0
Arkansas          0                                            0    1    0     1

SPAL

To clear up the AB situation....

Wernes was stealing, AB tipped it into the glove of the catcher but in the transfer of throwing to 2nd, he couldn't hold on. It was very close but I think it was the right call.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Leading off the 2nd for Ole Miss is Bortles (.236) (.368 OB%)

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Now Batting: Lartigue : .206, catcher for Ole Miss, switch hitter batting left

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!