Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECN+

Started by mrp, March 26, 2015, 11:43:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrp

Was really empty at the Baum tonight.

The TV has apparently really killed attendance this year.

jry04

Quote from: mrp on March 26, 2015, 11:43:48 pm
Was really empty at the Baum tonight.

The TV has apparently really killed attendance this year.
uhhhh no?

40 degrees, Thursday 6:30 first pitch, and being a .500 team killed attendance. The crowd actually was not terrible for a Thursday night. Behind the plate was empty, but down LF line was a pretty good crowd.

Knot2brite

By Saturday it will be full if the weather holds out and TK get some run support tomorrow night
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

SPAL

Crowd was decent for a cold Thursday night.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Tickets sold= 7168
Actual attendance= 2632

The weather has hurt us a lot this year and being .500 hasn't helped. I'm sure TV has hurt us to some extent, but should also help us eventually. As more people see the Hogs play on TV, Hog baseball will become more popular and in turn, the seats will fill up again.

Weekend, warm weather, SEC game, winning team = lots of folks at the ball park. TV cannot completely replace a baseball game at the old ball park. Some years I didn't miss a home game, if I could I'd be there every game now.

hoggin

All these games on TV will force teams to start counting attendance the LSU way!

ricepig

Quote from: hoggin on March 27, 2015, 09:38:00 am
All these games on TV will force teams to start counting attendance the LSU way!

We do, our basketball ball attendance was 15,600, good enough for 10th, nationwide. Our actual attendance was down 300 a game from the previous year to 11,300ish. We had like 8 starts at home at 8:00, baseball will be the same way. Of course, it hasn't helped that winter is still here, haha.

SPAL

All I know is that I will be there again in section 104, row K. Anybody there tonight, come up introduce yourself.

booogaga

With the games in the first half of the season you need to have an outstanding product on the field to get a larger attendance. With every game on tv now and the weather being bad it is hard to do.
GO HOGS!

ricepig

Quote from: booogaga on March 27, 2015, 11:04:15 am
With the games in the first half of the season you need to have an outstanding product on the field to get a larger attendance. With every game on tv now and the weather being bad it is hard to do.

That, and both of these two first big series are catching spring break on either end.

booogaga

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2015, 11:05:41 am
That, and both of these two first big series are catching spring break on either end.
Yep. I think once the weather improves and we start winning more consistently ( and we will this year ) the place will fill up.
GO HOGS!

Knot2brite

I am just hoping we get home tonight in time to see the game. Life of a coach.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 27, 2015, 09:46:57 am
All I know is that I will be there again in section 104, row K. Anybody there tonight, come up introduce yourself.

104-K ? Nice...104-P here...

jacobp

good crowd considering the weather, spring break, and Thursday night. Crowd should be much better tonight and should have a very good one on Saturday.