Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 25 Thread: ARKANSAS (12-12, 1-5 SEC) vs. Ole Miss (13-12, 3-3 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 26, 2015, 02:59:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

This is more like it! Thanks guys. I know I was having trouble just pulling Hogville up. You did an amazing job putting this thread together.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SPAL

Big win to start the series. If we can get some offense tomorrow behind TK, we can wrap up the series and go for the sweep. I'm looking forward to it. Take at least 2 here and then take 2 from Auburn and things are really looking good again.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Friday's first pitch is 6:03pm with Trey Killian on the mound.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

After tonight:
Serrano has his BA up to .312
Benintendi is at .333
Gassaway is at .500
McAfee at .302

Knot2brite

Gassaway has earned some PT...so has McAfee...wonder if Nomura called DVH a Sob or something
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS:
WATCH | Check out highlights as the bats came alive in a 10-3 victory over Ole Miss!
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/video/5514d89be4b092b219a8398f

popcornhog

WPS

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

RECAP:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-cruises-past-ole-miss-with-10-3-victory-03-26-2015

BOX SCORE:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/5514d03be4b092b219a83989

Jackson was dominant once again, throwing 2.1 innings and striking out six of the seven batters he retired. Lance Phillips closed out the game with a scoreless ninth inning.

DVH-"Very rarely can you wiggle out of a jam like that against that type of talent, but when you've got the kind of stuff that Jackson has, you can.  It's rare.  It was good to see him get out of it."

A pair of three-run innings fueled the offensive output as Joe Serrano and Brett McAfee tallied three hits apiece, while Tyler Spoon tied a season high with three runs batted in.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Dominic Taccolini (5-2) picked up the win in 5.2 innings of work, allowing three hits and three runs, while striking out seven. His five wins is now tied for the SEC lead.

ucahogfan

I think Gassaway has to start every game against a LHP until he proves he shouldn't be in the lineup.  I like a DP combo of McAfee and Nomura with Bernal spot starting.  This is a very good problem to have with all of this depth.

SPAL

Cresthog

HELL YES.

Great win and this could be the start of something.

Loved how we blew it wide open late.

jacobp

Quote from: mrp on March 26, 2015, 11:39:06 pm
Wondering about Nomura. He's really done nothing to deserve a demotion. But was really glad to see McAfee have a game like that. He'll get rolling now assuming playing time.
My assumption was it had to do with facing the lefty last night, which is why we went with Bernal at 2B instead of Nomura.

jry04

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 26, 2015, 10:48:21 pm
After tonight:
Serrano has his BA up to .312
Benintendi is at .333
Gassaway is at .500
McAfee at .302
In SEC play or overall?

Serrano is hitting .292, and  McAfee is hitting .265 for the year.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: mrp on March 27, 2015, 01:24:09 am
The best part of tonight is that we did this against an outstanding pitcher.

We may wind up alright this year.

That wasn't their best pitcher, tonight is.  He is coming back from injury but he looks to be back further than Killian.  He just hasn't regained the number one spot yet like Killian hasn't.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jry04 on March 27, 2015, 08:38:35 am
In SEC play or overall?

Serrano is hitting .292, and  McAfee is hitting .265 for the year.
According to these stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=86292# which includes last nights game.

hogman64

Quote from: jacobp on March 27, 2015, 08:26:56 am
My assumption was it had to do with facing the lefty last night, which is why we went with Bernal at 2B instead of Nomura.

overall I have seen a small % of plays for the  year so I could easily be thinking wrong  but does Nomura's range seem limited to anyone else. . I am surprised I think that as he may be the fastest guy on the team, but it just seems to me like he doesn't cover as much ground as some of the 2b men we have had the last few years...

Scott7703

Great job with PBP as always fellas. Looked as good tonight as we have looked all season. If we have a couple pitchers step up to go along with killian, Jackson, taco, and Stone I still believe we can make a run.

One thought I had was how nasty a middle of the order with Beni, Gasaway, spanberger, and spoon would be. Only issue is I don't know how you get them all in the lineup together without removing Eagan which isn't going to and shouldnt happen.

I predict we win the series tonight! Go hogs.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

In case you missed it last night.....No outs. Bases loaded. Zach Jack

[vine]O3xL9b5HuLO[/vine]