Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Didn't like what I saw last night

Started by onebadrubi, March 25, 2015, 11:21:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Last night was my first game this year to attend.  Something that I have thought for a couple of years now and last night it was on full display.  This team does not appear emotionally invested.  They seem to carry a much more professional, over the top so it seems, approach that I think it is hurting the team.  We've seen for years dugouts get emotionally involved in rallies or nice hits, we are not seeing that now.  It almost appears that every time they take the field or walk up to bat they are going to do a task or a job and there is not emotion in that task or job.  Is this leadership we are lacking?  Is it a culture the coaching staff is passing on?  I'm not sure. 

We've seen Bobby Portis portray leadership and emotion and help bring us back in basketball this year.  We were down 4-0 last night and the team showed nothing.  The team carried themselves as if they knew someone would step up and get them back in it, didn't seem to appear with some of the swings at the plate they anyone wanted to be the one except for two guys. 

I came here to say this and hopefully discuss it without anyone getting too pissy, but I'm really at a crossroads here.  I see the talent, I see the coaching, I see it's all there. 

What do you guys think?

ricepig

lc480

I agree and I am not seeing a lot of improvement in our play. Just because we have some young player is no excuse. Every team has to deal with the same thing.
It would be nice to have a full rooster of senior players with lots of experience , but we have to go with the ones that are here now.

We don't need to hear excuse, we need for the people that is getting paid good money to do a better job. After all they are the ones who picked them for this program.

In business the CEO of a company Is the man that has to get things fixed if things are not going right if he doesn't he the one that has to be held responsible for the results.

ricepig

13 straight years in playoffs, just give it a rest, lol.

lc480

kennymayne

Quote from: ricepig on March 25, 2015, 12:09:08 pm

And it wouldn't surprise me to be back there this year when all is said and done.

lc480

I hope your right. But what happen last year has no bearing on how it will go with this years team.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on March 25, 2015, 11:49:10 am
You need to watch them more.

This may be the reason as well.  Like i said, yesterday was my first opportunity.  I have usually made it to 2-3 games before the LR game. 

Kevin

i have not liked what i have seen most of the year
can't bunt
base running blunders most games
lack of defensive execution

if this year does not get better, i hope it leads the coaches to re-evaluate how they do things, how we practice.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigroots

This is obviously not one of the premier Arkansas teams we've grown accustomed to. That being said we are still an elite program with an elite coach. As fans we need to continue to support the team and understand that CDVH will be able to fix the problems. He is proven and we may or may not be back THIS year but we will be back Soon.

hoofer

Team was down 4-0 and fought back to tie it 4-4. You act like they showed no fight in coming back. Teague made a huge error on the cutoff throw down to 2nd base that cost us the game winning run.

ricepig

Quote from: hoofer on March 25, 2015, 02:04:55 pm
Team was down 4-0 and fought back to tie it 4-4. You act like they showed no fight in coming back. Teague made a huge error on the cutoff throw down to 2nd base that cost us the game winning run.

Phillips, but same difference.

hogman64

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 25, 2015, 11:21:45 am
Last night was my first game this year to attend.  Something that I have thought for a couple of years now and last night it was on full display.  This team does not appear emotionally invested.  They seem to carry a much more professional, over the top so it seems, approach that I think it is hurting the team.  We've seen for years dugouts get emotionally involved in rallies or nice hits, we are not seeing that now.  It almost appears that every time they take the field or walk up to bat they are going to do a task or a job and there is not emotion in that task or job.  Is this leadership we are lacking?  Is it a culture the coaching staff is passing on?  I'm not sure. 

We've seen Bobby Portis portray leadership and emotion and help bring us back in basketball this year.  We were down 4-0 last night and the team showed nothing.  The team carried themselves as if they knew someone would step up and get them back in it, didn't seem to appear with some of the swings at the plate they anyone wanted to be the one except for two guys. 

I came here to say this and hopefully discuss it without anyone getting too pissy, but I'm really at a crossroads here.  I see the talent, I see the coaching, I see it's all there. 

What do you guys think?

bad timing on this post , they came back from 4 runs down to tie the game, then lost it on a bone head play by a guy who should have known better.....

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ricepig on March 25, 2015, 12:09:08 pm
what does that have to do with this year ?  it's been said in this forum that the UA had the #1 recruiting class in the country...if that's the case, no one wants to talk about the last 13 years but the possibilities of what a # 1 class can bring to the present and the future of Razorback basketball
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ricepig

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 25, 2015, 08:46:29 pm
what does that have to do with this year ?  it's been said in this forum that the UA had the #1 recruiting class in the country...if that's the case, no one wants to talk about the last 13 years but the possibilities of what a # 1 class can bring to the present and the future of Razorback basketball

It means, just give it a rest and relax. #1 class, in some publications, doesn't mean a lock on wins. And what does basketball have to do with this?

Knot2brite

I didnt see a thing tonight....but what I read tells me that we grew up a little tonight and that is a good thing. This may be the year that we have to score as much as possible and hope that we can hang on. That #1 recruiting class may still be #1 in a year or two but right now they are trying to find which end is up. We have some experience and it has let us down at times but more games like tonight will help every one. Winning games we are supposed to is a priority now. We have to win the rest of the series at home and take a couple on the road....even sweep one or two to get us to the post season
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

SPAL

I can assure you that we aren't going to call each other names and belittle one another's opinions. Try jump ball if that is your game.