Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 24 Thread: ARKANSAS (11-12, 1-5 SEC) vs. Memphis (15-4, 0-0 AAC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 25, 2015, 02:53:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Pitching change upcoming for the Tigers
Looks like Ryan Garner
Hog fans making their presence known and heard in Memphis

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Excellent AB by Spanberger.  He showed excellent plate discipline.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 25, 2015, 06:58:16 pm
Excellent AB by Spanberger.  He showed excellent plate discipline.

If memory serves, Arkansas in particular held him as being the best freshman batsman, maybe even better than Bonfield.  So far this year, Spanman has lived up to his billing.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 25, 2015, 07:01:53 pm
If memory serves, Arkansas in particular held him as being the best freshman batsman, maybe even better than Bonfield.  So far this year, Spanman has lived up to his billing.
Good memory.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 25, 2015, 07:03:57 pm
Nomura lines out to 2nd to end the top of the 4th
2-1 Hogs
Gosser attacked the first pitch after the pitcher struggling to find the zone, but it was right down the middle and he hit it hard, but right at the 2B.  Seems to happen a lot when a hitter is struggling at the plate.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 25, 2015, 07:03:43 pm
Good memory.

See if you can remember how to bring us a victory.  I am braving tornadoes and have lost power three times so far just to follow.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 25, 2015, 07:01:53 pm
DVH had Bonfield and Spanberger as his top two freshmen hitters entering the spring IMO.  I think Bonfield's injury hurt him a whole lot more than we realize.  I think DVH was saying he was one of the better hitters on the team before it.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Schrenthal grounds out to 1st
2-1 Hogs
heading to the top of the 5th

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 25, 2015, 07:06:24 pm
See if you can remember how to bring us a victory.  I am braving tornadoes and have lost power three times so far just to follow.
Had one come within a 1/2 mile of here right about first pitch.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 25, 2015, 07:07:23 pm
DVH had Bonfield and Spanberger as his top two freshmen hitters entering the spring IMO.  I think Bonfield's injury hurt him a whole lot more than we realize.  I think DVH was saying he was one of the better hitters on the team before it.

We have debated Bonfield's leg lift in the past, but I will say this, your timing, especially with an injury (leg injury too wasnt It?) can be set back a lot, especially if you are a freshman, you got a lot of sights and sounds to adjust too anyway.

flippinhogmana

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 25, 2015, 07:10:38 pm
We have debated Bonfield's leg lift in the past, but I will say this, your timing, especially with an injury (leg injury too wasnt It?) can be set back a lot, especially if you are a freshman, you got a lot of sights and sounds to adjust too anyway.
I just don't think the leg lift has any effect on him as a hitter.  It is a timing mechanism and something he has probably done for a long time.  He is the guy who went 6-6 at PG National last year which features the best of the class.

I think he broke his calf or ankle if I remember correctly so it could take a while to trust it again.  Could be a mental thing right now for Bonfield.

Razorbacks#1

Eagan flies out to right
2-1 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 5th

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

McKinney:
     IP    H    R    ER    BB    K
    4.0   6     1     0      1     2      58 pitches,    3 infield singles,  1 DB

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

trippigs

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 25, 2015, 07:25:18 pm
McKinney:
     IP    H    R    ER    BB    K
    4.0   6     1     0      1     2      58 pitches,    3 infield singles,  1 DB

Nice job. Let defense do their part.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Meeting on the mound and pitching change upcoming for the Tigers

THUNDER!

trippigs

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 25, 2015, 07:36:27 pm
Wernes with a BOOMER over the left field wall
3-2 HOGS!

Well, I think that settles who the most improved player award should go too

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Gosser down looking
3-2 Hogs
heading to the bottom of the 6th

THUNDER!