Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 24 Thread: ARKANSAS (11-12, 1-5 SEC) vs. Memphis (15-4, 0-0 AAC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 25, 2015, 02:53:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Tigers with a pitching change upcoming
Looks like Trey McNichol

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 25, 2015, 08:38:25 pm
Tigers with a pitching change upcoming
Looks like Trey McNichol
The 8th pitcher for Memphis is the son of their pitching coach.

Razorbacks#1

Wernes grounds to 3rd, out at 1st
7-2 HOGS
heading to the bottom of the 9th

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E     LOB
HOGS       0   0   0   2   0   1   3   1   0    7    8    2       7
Tigers       1   0   0   0   1   0   0   0         2    9    3       9

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

James Teague thru the 8th
    IP    H   R   ER   BB   K   2B  3B  HR    BF
   4.0    3   0    0     1    1    0    0    0    16

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 25, 2015, 08:44:47 pm
D. Tubbs with a base knock

Like I said, cant our pitcher hit that guys (Tubbs) now he is five for five....Bring in Stone already.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

FINAL:
               1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H    E     LOB
HOGS       0   0   0   2   0   1   3   1   0     7     8    2       7
Tigers       1   0   0   0   1   0   0   0   1     3    11   3       9

trippigs

Kevin

Good win, now get on the bus, get back, get rested, beat ole miss
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

James Teague gets the win. Threw 53 pitches..37 for strikes.

flippinhogmana

Thanks razor for the pbp.  Congrats to the guys, good for Teague and McKinney, I think they got some confidence back.  We ended Memphis eleven game winning streak.  They may not have really played anyone during that stretch but they were playing with confidence and we did beat them one of two and could easily have taken both games.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Ole Miss comes to Baum tomorrow. First pitch is set for 6:35pm

Knot2brite

I had to go into to town with the family. So glad to see that yall brought us home the victory. Great job pbp crew
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogg_Phan

Back to 500. Rough start to the season. Need to sweep Ole Miss.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Maddhog

Alright!  Wow that feels good to win.

Thank you, guys, for your pbp. 
🐗⚾
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Razorbacks#1

Back to .500 on the year, I am happy. We will get it together in the next series beginning tomorrow. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

PorcineSublime

Maybe this was the line in the sand and they will toughen up after this. If this team can cut out the stupid plays and gaffs. They will be able to compete as evidenced by beating LSU last thursday. Good luck to the guys and thanks again for the PBP.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Kevin

Is taco with the team or did they let him stay in fayetteville
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Kevin on March 25, 2015, 08:59:25 pm
Yes he traveled and he does have the start tomorrow, with Killian on Friday.

Razrpig256

Quote from: Kevin on March 25, 2015, 08:59:25 pm

Looks like he's one of the players signing autographs with the team after the game, so he's there.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 25, 2015, 08:57:30 pm
Good job Razorbacks#1, thanks for the win and the pbp +1
Thanks too you, uca and others who provide a service to those who are deployed, at work, or unable to see the game.

THUNDER!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

RECAP:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-rolls-as-teague-shuts-down-memphis-03-25-2015

BOXSCORE:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/55136c70e4b092b219a838f9

Arkansas                ip    h   r   er   bb   so   ab   bf   np
Keaton McKinney   4.0   6   2   1     1    2   18   19   60
James Teague       5.0    5   1   1     1    1   17   21   53
       TOTAL           9.0   11  3   2     2    3    35   40   113

howie76

SPAL

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on March 25, 2015, 08:51:59 pm
Back to 500. Rough start to the season. Need to sweep Ole Miss.

Would be ideal, but the goal from here on is 2/3 at home and 1/3 on the road. A sweep anywhere would be  huge.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 26, 2015, 02:29:05 am
Would be ideal, but the goal from here on is 2/3 at home and 1/3 on the road. A sweep anywhere would be  huge.
Have you done the math, where would that put our records?

SPAL

We would be 12-15 going into the Georgia series. But some of those road games like at auburn and at bama, we would need to win 2 and we need to sweep Tennessee. I don't see us taking 2 at tamu. Most importantly, we have to win every home series from here on. There is no two ways around it.

I don't know what gets us into the tourney , but 15-15 in conference would be huge at this point. 16-14 got us in last year, but with some bad losses in the midweek, who knows. I haven't even started looking at RPI but we may need to start talking about it.

SPAL

A very real possibility we can get hot and make a run. Our weekend pitching is coming together. We need a 3rd starter in the worst way. I trust TK against anybody if he can get some runs and Taco is coming along. With Jackson in the pen, we have a legit staff. If those guys get into trouble, our chances diminish , obviously. But still a ton of baseball to be played. I'm not out yet and nobody else should be either.

We lose 2 to ole miss, it may be time to brush up on the off season. This is a must win series. If we could have just gotten 1 from vandy, things might look different.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 26, 2015, 05:04:50 am
We would be 12-15 going into the Georgia series. But some of those road games like at auburn and at bama, we would need to win 2 and we need to sweep Tennessee. I don't see us taking 2 at tamu. Most importantly, we have to win every home series from here on. There is no two ways around it.

I don't know what gets us into the tourney , but 15-15 in conference would be huge at this point. 16-14 got us in last year, but with some bad losses in the midweek, who knows. I haven't even started looking at RPI but we may need to start talking about it.
I've been listing the RPI in the "Diamond Hogs in the polls" thread on a weekly basis and so far it's not been good. (Maybe we need to sticky that thread?) Our SOS (Strength of Schedule) is better than last years (at this point in the season) and should continue to climb as we go along. If we win the games like you listed, I would think the RPI gets up there where it needs to be. An RPI of 48 is kind of a magic number, but not a guarantee to get in post season play. Recently, SEC teams have been getting into regionals at 2 games under .500 in conference play as long as they go over .500 in overall games and have a decent RPI. 

flippinhogmana

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 26, 2015, 02:29:05 am

I agree Pigs, but a sweep is very doable for any of the next three conference weekends, Ole Miss 3-3, Auburn 1-5 and Kentucky 2-4.  We better get well during this part of the schedule.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 26, 2015, 05:12:28 am
A very real possibility we can get hot and make a run. Our weekend pitching is coming together. We need a 3rd starter in the worst way. I trust TK against anybody if he can get some runs and Taco is coming along. With Jackson in the pen, we have a legit staff. If those guys get into trouble, our chances diminish , obviously. But still a ton of baseball to be played. I'm not out yet and nobody else should be either.

We lose 2 to ole miss, it may be time to brush up on the off season. This is a must win series. If we could have just gotten 1 from vandy, things might look different.

you analysis, unfortunately, is spot on (only because it says we still suck other than about four guys).  However, last night I called take Teague out, but I am glad we didnt even though he gave up the one run.  It had to have helped his confidence, and in the long run made him more useful for us.  Same with McKinney, he had four decent innings again.  Those two pitchers are the closest to being a help to us.

flippinhogmana

Guys, this may be just me but I think most of you are going to be feeling a lot better about our team in two weeks and two days.

Kevin

jacobp

I'm sure he's exhausted, you know with putting on a uniform and sitting there for two days.

You complain. about. everything.

ricepig

Quote from: jacobp on March 26, 2015, 09:38:21 am
I'm sure he's exhausted, you know with putting on a uniform and sitting there for two days.

Yeah, I hope the kid doesn't make the minors.......

Kevin

Quote from: jacobp on March 26, 2015, 09:38:21 am

what time did the bus roll in last night, what time did he finally get to his apartment?

you do know mlb teams some times fly their next day pitchers into the city they are going to so they can be there to rest.

i think it would have been the smart thing to do.

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on March 26, 2015, 09:42:00 am
Yeah, I hope the kid doesn't make the minors.......

i don't care about the minors, i want them to do what is in the best interest of hog baseball trying to win games.

elksnort

A lot of fun last night. I was there with a friend that lives in Memphis. It was almost like a home game. There were at least a 3 to 1 ratio of Razorback fans. Autozone Park is very nice. Good win. Enjoyable time.

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on March 26, 2015, 09:44:28 am
what time did the bus roll in last night, what time did he finally get to his apartment?

you do know mlb teams some times fly their next day pitchers into the city they are going to so they can be there to rest.

i think it would have been the smart thing to do.

Lol, the kid is 20, he'll be alright. The game is at 6:30, he can sleep in. If there ever was an Eeyore on this board...........

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on March 26, 2015, 10:22:33 am
Lol, the kid is 20, he'll be alright. The game is at 6:30, he can sleep in. If there ever was an Eeyore on this board...........

i guess mlb teams should not do it either

jacobp

Quote from: Kevin on March 26, 2015, 10:28:19 am
i guess mlb teams should not do it either
got it, from now on we'll keep the jet on hand to fly our Friday starters out a day in advance.

That 19/20 year old kid is obviously going to suffer from that bus ride.