Quote from: Kevin on March 24, 2015, 08:39:41 pm
I think gosser is the best at hitting & catching
Pennell can catch but can't hit
Shaddy can hit but can't catch

Agree

Hogtown1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 24, 2015, 09:58:43 pm
Agree

I think the same. All are good, shady just at hitting. Gosser is the more well rounded. Pennell can't hit. Gosser sacrificed his redshirt for the team, I think he should start

ucahogfan

Quote from: Hogtown1 on March 24, 2015, 10:49:21 pm
Gosser sacrificed his redshirt for the team, I think he should start
That is just a bad reason for a player to start.  How did he sacrifice his RS?  We had injuries and his RS was removed out of necessity.

I still think Pennell is our best option back there.  He is our best defender and that is what is most important on this team behind the plate.  Our offense is plenty good 1-8, but we need a strong defender behind the plate.

ucahogfan

How many times does a team bring in the #1 recruiting class and not have multiple starters?  We have some of the most talented players we have ever gotten to campus, but they are not getting the chance to perform.  We need to let them start and get ABs at least in the midweek games.  If anything, it allows them to adjust just in case of injury.

Kevin

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 25, 2015, 06:30:43 am
How many times does a team bring in the #1 recruiting class and not have multiple starters?  We have some of the most talented players we have ever gotten to campus, but they are not getting the chance to perform.  We need to let them start and get ABs at least in the midweek games.  If anything, it allows them to adjust just in case of injury.

Let them play, let them play. 

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

knoxvillehog

well on the flip side the freshman pitchers have played and that hasn't gone so well.

Besides Spoon who else is playing that you would like to see removed to allow these guys some PT?

I guess I would like to see Eagan in right, Serrano in left, Gassway at first and Bonfield and Spanberger at DH.

Hogtown1

I think we can all agree we need more pitchers. I agree with what UCA was saying about pennell. We do need the best defensive catcher back there. I think pennell should start too. When it comes to back up, I was making a point that Gosser would be the best back up option (in my opinion). Shaddy would be awesome for a chance at bat!! But defensively, I just think he needs a little more experience behind the plate.

Kevin

what is going on with our lack of fundamental play?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22