Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hognoxious

Started by Suidae Suis Scrofa, March 21, 2015, 07:23:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Suidae Suis Scrofa

I've got a question for the locals that regularly attend games at Baum.  Do you know if the fan that wears the customized hog jersey with the name "Hognoxious" posts here?

I met him a couple of years ago when the hogs played in the Houston College Classic.  From what I recall he poo-poo-ed hogville so I assume he doesn't frequent this site.  He seemed like a nice enough guy when I met him but from what I remember and see on the televised games his jersey handle is appropriate.  I know i wouldn't want to be sitting in the other dugout listening to him all day.

I'm a little anxoius that he'll show up for the HCC again next year.  If we end up playing ULL then I'll go with a good friend who's from ULL.  I imagine the ribbing I'll get from my buddy for being associated with Hognoxious will be severe.  Of course my friend is a Cajun (the real kind, born and raised in Lafayette) so he knows a thing or two about obnoxious.  In the end I get a little bit of guilty pleasure watching Hognoxious' act - not my style but entertaining - and I'll be interested to see how my Cajun compadre takes it.

Knot2brite

He is a great guy and a avid Hog fan. What he does may rub people wrong. Some people like him. I am one of the ones that likes him.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Sueie

Quote from: mrp on March 21, 2015, 07:26:18 pm
I guess it's good someone finds it entertaining.
Would you rather be entertained by a bunch of drunks at a football game? Hog noxious is comical as hell. You never know what he will do next.
But to answer your question NO he is not a fan of  Hogville. Don't know what the problem was but SOMETHING got him upset at Hogville.

TikiHog

I get the pleasure of setting next to him and his wife most home games...You wont meet a nicer guy and he loves his HOGS!!!...I moved up here a year ago and I can call him a true friend...the type of guy who would come help ya at any hour of the night if you needed it..most of the HogBus crew will make the trip to Houston next year its already on the schedule...I find him entertaining

SPAL

He is funny. I like seeing him give the umps all he can.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: Sueie on March 21, 2015, 07:56:05 pm
But to answer your question NO he is not a fan of  Hogville.

Thank you,

-phil

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: TikiHog on March 22, 2015, 12:01:54 am
.most of the HogBus crew will make the trip to Houston next year its already on the schedule.

Good deal,  I look forward to meeting you guys next year.

-phil

yraciv

I can't stand the guy, but to each their own.  I had the displeasure of sitting behind him for a game, and that was kind of chaos. I know some people like him though! You run the act he has been doing for this long you are definitely going to be a polarizing figure.

lc480

He probably feels the same way about you Yraciv ::)

boatinporker

I like the man and find him entertaining. He seems to be a good person and the heat he puts on the opposing team does rattle some of them. He always adds to the atmosphere of Baum.

Mike Irwin

His name is Bobby Smittle. Norm DeBriyn first noticed him in the early 80's after an opposing SWC coach complained about him. The following fall Norm let him coach 3rd base in a scrimmage. I put a wireless mic on him and ended up with a great feature.

Over the years he's driven opposing players and coaches to distraction (Pat Summitt once screamed at him to no avail).

When it comes to Arkansas' opponents he certainly lives up to his nickname.

southarkhog06

did we ever uncover why he doesn't like hogville?

Sueie

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 23, 2015, 04:21:42 pm
His name is Bobby Smittle. Norm DeBriyn first noticed him in the early 80's after an opposing SWC coach complained about him. The following fall Norm let him coach 3rd base in a scrimmage. I put a wireless mic on him and ended up with a great feature.

Over the years he's driven opposing players and coaches to distraction (Pat Summitt once screamed at him to no avail).

When it comes to Arkansas' opponents he certainly lives up to his nickname.

When it comes to opponents the BEST fan we ever had was a guy named Ray McBee.  I have seen umpires flip him off because of the way he would get in their head.  Ask Norm if he remembers the Southeast Oklahoma game  in the mid 80's.  The SE Oklahoma threw a glass of water in his face and he grabbed a cinder block and threw it over the fence at the coach.  Ron Moore (Arkansas asst coach) came running over to the fence telling McBee to get the frick away from the fence.  McBee told Ron Moore the last game this year I am going to beat your ass.  The last game of the year he did what he told him he was going to do. ;D

Smittle is good but he could not hang with the Ray McBee gang.  Myself, Scott Carpenter, Ron Hudson, and a few others.  We still laugh at the "raggers" in left field of Baum.  NEVER will be like it was back in the old George Cole days.

Sueie

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 23, 2015, 04:51:08 pm
did we ever uncover why he doesn't like hogville?

Stop by the HogBus and ask him.  ;D

SPAL

Quote from: Sueie on March 23, 2015, 06:45:34 pm
When it comes to opponents the BEST fan we ever had was a guy named Ray McBee.  I have seen umpires flip him off because of the way he would get in their head.  Ask Norm if he remembers the Southeast Oklahoma game  in the mid 80's.  The SE Oklahoma threw a glass of water in his face and he grabbed a cinder block and threw it over the fence at the coach.  Ron Moore (Arkansas asst coach) came running over to the fence telling McBee to get the frick away from the fence.  McBee told Ron Moore the last game this year I am going to beat your ass.  The last game of the year he did what he told him he was going to do. ;D

Smittle is good but he could not hang with the Ray McBee gang.  Myself, Scott Carpenter, Ron Hudson, and a few others.  We still laugh at the "raggers" in left field of Baum.  NEVER will be like it was back in the old George Cole days.

I'll make sure I ask Potter to tell me some stories.

Ray Piggers

Eh, my family has been in 112 since the doors opened, and my grandmother has complained about him every season since haha. He's definitely abrasive.

Any 112'ers know the guy who used to scream "Fettuccine!" when Fico came to the plate? That guy was hilarious.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

southarkhog06

Quote from: Sueie on March 23, 2015, 06:50:01 pm
Stop by the HogBus and ask him.  ;D
would love too, but I live 5 hours away from fayetteville. I usually make the trip up there to catch a series or two in May, but my wife is due in June so not this year.

Gerald Gilber

I was at an Ole Miss series a few years ago and he really gave it to the Ole Miss pitcher, told him and I quote, "Don't you eyeball me boy" It was hilarious and the pitcher was unnerved and had to be pulled. :razorback:
Can we play all our games at home????

Sueie

Quote from: foodhog on March 26, 2015, 11:16:11 am
I was at an Ole Miss series a few years ago and he really gave it to the Ole Miss pitcher, told him and I quote, "Don't you eyeball me boy" It was hilarious and the pitcher was unnerved and had to be pulled. :razorback:

Well last night (against Ole Miss) he sit there like a whipped puppy.  Hopefully tonight he will be "louder".

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: Sueie on March 27, 2015, 12:05:52 pm
Well last night (against Ole Miss) he sit there like a whipped puppy.  Hopefully tonight he will be "louder".

I wondered what happened to Hognoxious last night.  I didn't see him sitting behind the dugout and never heard him.  I was watching on TV.  All I could hear from the crowd was the Ole Miss softball team.  I figured they would have had Hognoxious all fired up.

-phil

BroyledNutts

He was over there - saw him dancing one time when Bernal came to bat...must have been an off night for him.

Kenny Sowers

He was giving them hell on Saturday. The Ole Miss softball players were yelling "throw it in the dirt" at our pitcher, the the next inning when Ole Miss was in the field, I look over and Hognoxious has a long blonde wig on yelling "throw it in the dirt", it was great.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Kenny Sowers on March 29, 2015, 02:14:14 pm
He was giving them hell on Saturday. The Ole Miss softball players were yelling "throw it in the dirt" at our pitcher, the the next inning when Ole Miss was in the field, I look over and Hognoxious has a long blonde wig on yelling "throw it in the dirt", it was great.

^^^This^^^
It was hilarious.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Mike Irwin

There's some guy at Ole Miss games in Oxford that yells the "throw it in the dirt" thing non stop when the other team is batting. I don't know how he has a functioning voice box.

Even if I were an Ole Miss fan my instinct would be to shove a handful of dirt in his face. It makes the game almost intolerable.

YtownHog

When my dad broadcast the lady razorback basketball games years ago, I remember watching him then vs now.  I feel he has tamed over the years.  He would sit right behind the opponents bench and just torment them.  I vividly remember Pat going crazy on him the year we beat the "3Meeks."  He's hilarious, but I can surely see where some don't find it amusing.

southarkhog06

Quote from: YtownHog on March 30, 2015, 10:28:03 pm
When my dad broadcast the lady razorback basketball games years ago, I remember watching him then vs now.  I feel he has tamed over the years.  He would sit right behind the opponents bench and just torment them.  I vividly remember Pat going crazy on him the year we beat the "3Meeks."  He's hilarious, but I can surely see where some don't find it amusing.
At baseball games its kinda amusing, but at a womens BBall game? Cmon man.
I sure hope he doesnt frequent high school sports.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Bobby got some screen time and mentioned by name on last night's (Missouri State game) broadcast.

-phil