Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 22 Thread: ARKANSAS (11-10, 1-4 SEC) vs. #1 LSU (20-3, 3-2 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 21, 2015, 01:10:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Spoon was just inches away from tying the game as he ropes one down the LF line into the Hog bullpen.

ucahogfan

Spoon grounds into a 6-4 FC as the 2B bobbles the transfer.  DVH out to talk with the 2B ump about it.  Looking at it quickly on the replay, he might not have completely caught the ball as he was quick to the transfer.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 21, 2015, 04:33:58 pm
Spoon was just inches away from tying the game as he ropes one down the LF line into the Hog bullpen.
So close!

southarkhog06

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Nomura HBP to put runners on 1B and 2B with 1 out.  It is the 2nd time this year that Nomura has worn a pitch.

Here comes LSU HC Paul Maineiri as the Tigers will make a pitching change.

New pitcher for LSU is Sophomore RHP Collin Strall (2-0, 0.00 ERA).  Strall threw yesterday and it might be wise to throw a bunch of LHHs at him now.

SPAL

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2015, 04:38:41 pm
What do we know about the new pitcher?
Sidewinder with a lot of movement.  Need to get LHHs to the plate.

ucahogfan

Wernes almost tied the game with a hit that was just a couple feet foul down the RF line.

ucahogfan

Wernes HBP to load the bases.  He definitely took one for the team by leaning into it.  Wernes' 3rd HBP of the year.

ucahogfan

Shaddy grounds into a 5-2-3 DP on the 1st pitch.  I would have pinch hit Spanberger there even if Shaddy had done something good.

ricepig

ucahogfan

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E    LOB
LSU          0   0   2   0   1   0   2               5   11    0     5
HOGS       0   0   0   0   1   0    2               3    8     0     10

jacobp

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 21, 2015, 04:44:03 pm
Shaddy grounds into a 5-2-3 DP on the 1st pitch.  I would have pinch hit Spanberger there even if Shaddy had done something good.
Really thought we were going to see the pinch hitter there as well.

damn, that stings.
at least we got 2.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jacobp on March 21, 2015, 04:45:14 pm
Really thought we were going to see the pinch hitter there as well.

damn, that stings.
at least we got 2.
Also had 2 balls that were really close to extra base hits.  Just can't catch a break today, but LSU has had a lot to do with that.

ucahogfan

Scivicque runs the count full, and he grounds a single up the middle.

ucahogfan

Here comes DVH as the Hogs will make a pitching change.

New pitcher is Senior RHP Jacob Stone (1-2, 1 S, 4.22 ERA).

southarkhog06

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 21, 2015, 04:47:29 pm
Scivicque runs the count full, and he grounds a single up the middle.
how many ground ball singles can one team get in a weekend, I know they are hit hard but you would think a couple would find gloves.

ucahogfan

Stevenson grounds a single into RF.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 0 outs.

ucahogfan

Chinea grounds into a 4-6-3 DP.  Runner on 3B with 2 outs.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Fraley works the count full (I think Stone was squeezed on ball 2 and ball 3 was very close), and draws a 2 out walk.

ucahogfan

jacobp

Huge to get out of that inning without giving up any more runs.

ucahogfan

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E    LOB
LSU          0   0   2   0   1   0   2   0          5   13    0     7
HOGS       0   0   0   0   1   0    2               3    8     0     10

Due Up for the Hogs
Bernal
Gosser
Eagan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Alex Gosser being called back to the dugout as Junior Max Hogan will pinch hit for the Hogs.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

DVH is talking strategy with Eagan and Serrano.  I would not bunt Eagan since he has doubled his last two ABs.

ricepig

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 21, 2015, 05:08:23 pm
DVH is talking strategy with Eagan and Serrano.  I would not bunt Eagan since he has doubled his last two ABs.

I agree. Don't take the bat from one of your hottest hitters. Of course, Bernal made the decision easy.

jacobp

DVH needs to light Bernal's ass up for that. Absolutely inexcusable in this situation. changes the complete dynamic of the inning.

PorkRyan

ucahogfan

LSU HC Paul Mainieri out to the mound as the Tigers will make a pitching change.

New pitcher is Sophomore RHP Alden Cartwright (0-0, 4.15 ERA).

ucahogfan

Quote from: jacobp on March 21, 2015, 05:10:28 pm
DVH needs to light Bernal's ass up for that. Absolutely inexcusable in this situation. changes the complete dynamic of the inning.
Yep, Bernal has made a couple of inexcusable base running plays this weekend.  I would sit Bernal for a couple of games and let McAfee get some playing time.

PorkRyan

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 21, 2015, 05:11:45 pm
Yep, Bernal has made a couple of inexcusable base running plays this weekend.  I would sit Bernal for a couple of games and let McAfee get some playing time.

Yep.

JHicks3636

We really have been bad on the base path this year. Considering most of our players are experienced, it makes you scratch your head.

jacobp

ucahogfan

Eagan HBP to put runners on 1B and 2B with 1 out.  Bernal's play is even bigger now.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 21, 2015, 05:12:34 pm
We really have been bad on the base path this year. Considering most of our players are experienced, it makes you scratch your head.
Van Horn works with the base runners supposedly.

ricepig

We have made more base running errors than a 9yr old rec team. They may need to practice on poles or bows and arrows.

ucahogfan

Serrano singles into LF.  Hogan scores.  Serrano's 7th RBI of the season and his 3rd of the afternoon.

5-4 LSU.

Freshman RHP Jesse Stallings beings warming in the pen for LSU.

SPAL

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

LSU will make a pitching change and bring in the person leading the country in saves in RS Freshman RHP Jesse Stallings (0-0, 9 S, 0.90 ERA).

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 21, 2015, 05:12:34 pm
Yep, and it surprises me.  DVH teams are typically very good on the base paths.

ucahogfan

First pitch to Benintendi was above the letters, but called a strike.  Has been a ball all game long until just now.

ucahogfan

Benintendi lines out to LF as the LF makes a great catch.