Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 20 Thread: ARKANSAS (10-9, 0-3 SEC) vs. #1 LSU (19-2, 2-1 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 19, 2015, 01:36:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 19, 2015, 08:56:44 pm #300 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:49:33 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E   LOB
LSU          0   0   0   0   0   1   0   0   0    1    7    1     5
HOGS       1   1   0   3   0   0   0   0   -    5   11   0    13    FINAL

Tickets sold = 7,304
Actual attendance = 3000+

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

jry04

Great win. Taco is the MVP in my book. Great outing by him.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jry04 on March 19, 2015, 08:58:37 pm
Hats off to Tacco and Jackson.

rhog1

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersD1 
  ·  10m 10 minutes ago   
#Arkansas beats #LSU 5-1. Will say this: If the Trey Killian I saw last weekend shows up in Game 3, the #Hogs will win this series.

Scott7703

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 2m2 minutes ago 
"Anyone that ever asks me I always say Bobby Wernes is the best defensive player I have ever coached." - DVH

#BobbyBandwagon

micali

Let's win the series tomorrow and build some confidence going forward.  Great Win!

Maddhog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 19, 2015, 09:13:24 pm
"Anyone that ever asks me I always say Bobby Wernes is the best defensive player I have ever coached." - DVH

#BobbyBandwagon

That's saying a lot but he's one of the best I've ever seen at Arkansas.  #WPS
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

With Killian pitching Saturday, it's huge that Tacco and Jackson completed this game and kept the rest of the bullpen fresh. 

Getting way ahead of myself here, but if we somehow pull off a sweep of LSU , we are in great shape for conference play with the 2 toughest series out of the way and sitting at 3-3.

ucahogfan

Quote from: mrp on March 19, 2015, 10:20:25 pm
With Lange throwing for LSU tomorrow we will be lucky to get four hits.

However I agree that a sweep would be great for this team.
Probably would have said thing about Poche tonight.  It will be the first true road start for Lange.  Many excellent pitchers have mightily struggled in their first road start in the SEC.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 19, 2015, 10:29:51 pm #317 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:53:23 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: mrp on March 19, 2015, 10:20:25 pm
With Lange throwing for LSU tomorrow we will be lucky to get four hits.
Yep, you would think so, but we have had some pretty good hitting days against some of the better pitchers. We did pretty good against Vandy's pitchers and Poche is no slouch.

•Arkansas hitters tagged LSU starter Jared Poche' for a career-high five runs and 10 hits.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 19, 2015, 10:32:22 pm #318 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:54:47 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
RECAP HERE:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-knocks-off-no-1-lsu-03-19-2015

POST GAME INTERVIEWS HERE:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/video/550b9884e4b0e29c98884c48

PHOTO GALLERY:
https://arkrazorbacks.exposure.co/razorbackbsb-takes-game-one-from-lsu

BOX SCORE:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/550b886ce4b0e29c98884c37

LSU                   ip    h    r    er    bb    so    ab    bf    np
Jared Poche'    3.2  10   5    5     2      1     20   24   79
Austin Bain      3.1   1    0    0     4      4     11   15   63
Doug Norman  1.0   0    0    0     0      1      3     3    11

Arkansas                  ip    h    r    er    bb    so    ab    bf    np
Dominic Taccolini   6.0   6    1    1      1     2     22   23    88
Zach Jackson         3.0   1    0    0      0     4     10   10    40

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Jackson with 40 pitches, wouldn't be surprised to see him come back on Saturday and finish off whatever Killian leaves for him.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

howie76

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: jry04 on March 19, 2015, 08:58:37 pm
The pitchers did an amazing job......even though I was wet..and cold...I wasn't leaving the game...We have some great kids playing for us and you could tell how badly they wanted this game...Hope we can win at least one of the remaining two games..

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Arkansas Coach Dave Van Horn opening statement: "It's great to get an SEC win against a great team.  I'm just really proud of the pitchers.  Taccolini battled them early.  They took some good swings in the first inning and then settled down a little bit.  (Taccolini) made some good pitches, got some ground balls, had a couple quick innings.  I thought offensively we did a tremendous job.  We put a lot of pressure on Poche', took some borderline pitches, had a couple of big two-out hits and built up a pretty good lead."

•Dominic Taccolini and Zach Jackson combined to hold LSU to its lowest run total of the season.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Van Horn on using two pitchers in the series-opener: "It's big, especially when you're facing a team that is as offensive as LSU has been this season throughout the first 20-25 games.  We have two more games with them - that's a lot of innings.  We can bring Jackson back tomorrow or Saturday if we need to.  He didn't throw a lot of pitches."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball‏@RazorbackBSB   
Rumor has it that @ceagan9 (Clark Eagan) has made an appearance on #SCTop10 tonight?!?! Sounds like Wernes and Eagan have gone back-to-back!! #BigTime

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 19, 2015, 09:13:24 pm

#BobbyBandwagon

[/quote That's quite a compliment.....

SPAL

Sat in rain all night, cold rain , and watched the hogs do work. Fun night.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

TikiHog

my Tidbits....another rainy wet night at the ball park....hmmm other then that WPS thought the team looked great other then Bernal's baserunning...still think we need to move Nomura to leadoff and put Eagen 3rd

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: TikiHog on March 20, 2015, 02:04:09 am
my Tidbits....another rainy wet night at the ball park....hmmm other then that WPS thought the team looked great other then Bernal's baserunning...still think we need to move Nomura to leadoff and put Eagen 3rd

Could you tell if Bernal thought he was being told to hold up? Nomura's fan club must be growing.

TikiHog

he thought he was you could tell how he reacted...Nomura's parents sat right up behind us really nice people...I will have to say Bobby's Hawaii dance is the worst

jbell96

Great win last night, proud of Taco & Jackson for absolutely shutting down such a potent offense. I am not going to criticize Bernal, but why you aren't running full speed with two outs and your base coach waving you in is baffling to me.

Getting a series win over #2 LSU after the disappointment of last weekend would be a huge confidence builder for this team.

Cresthog

Those jerseys are incredible. Keep them and dont ever change the mojo.

Great win! I know the weather was crap, what did the crowd look like?

woodrow hog call

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 20, 2015, 02:16:16 am
Could you tell if Bernal thought he was being told to hold up? Nomura's fan club must be growing.

Looked to me like Coach V kind of stopped sending, thinking he had given
Bernal  the green light, and when Bernal looked at him his arms were not
windmilling so he thought he was putting on the stop sign.

I would say lesson learned for both parties.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Cresthog on March 20, 2015, 10:28:40 am
Those jerseys are incredible. Keep them and dont ever change the mojo.

Great win! I know the weather was crap, what did the crowd look like?

FEAR THE THROWBACKS....

I didn't hear the official, but as A_R_K said it was a little over 3000 actual...they were noisy though. It wasn't raining quite as hard as it looked on TV, but it was still good enough to soak you if you didn't have protection of some kind.

Fun game - best the Hogs have looked this year - defensively we looked like an Omaha type program, offensively we looked good the first half but cooled off to the end. That's ok - LSU never really found their rhythm - hope that continues through 2 more tough games.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: woodrow hog call on March 20, 2015, 10:49:56 am
Looked to me like Coach V kind of stopped sending, thinking he had given
Bernal  the green light, and when Bernal looked at him his arms were not
windmilling so he thought he was putting on the stop sign.

I would say lesson learned for both parties.
I was thinking something like that happened and why I was asking. Thanks.

This is probably a classic example of most of our base running mistakes, too much second guessing.

BroyledNutts

Well, waiving him on should've really been a mute MOOT point - there were two outs in the inning, so Bernal should have been moving with the crack of the bat...he would've scored easily. It was just a mistake of Bernal not being aware of the situation...he's human, it happens.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 20, 2015, 02:28:55 pm #340 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:03:09 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 20, 2015, 02:10:10 pm
Well, waiving him on should've really been a mute point - there were two outs in the inning, so Bernal should have been moving with the crack of the bat...he would've scored easily. It was just a mistake of Bernal not being aware of the situation...he's human, it happens.
I think he saw the ball drop and second guessed if the coach was waving him in. Your right, it should have been a moot point for Bernal.

ricepig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 20, 2015, 02:28:55 pm
I think he saw the ball drop and seconded guessed if the coach was waving him in. Your right, it should have been a mute point for Bernal.

Maybe that was the problem, it was a "mute" point??      8)

woodrow hog call

I don't  think coach  V  is mute,  I heard him talk one time
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

BroyledNutts

Well played, smartasses....+1s all around...and an edit for me....