Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 20 Thread: ARKANSAS (10-9, 0-3 SEC) vs. #1 LSU (19-2, 2-1 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 19, 2015, 01:36:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

First pitch is set for 6:00pm Thursday. This game will be will be televised on the SEC Network and streamed online on SEC Network +, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Due to the basketball Hogs playing in the NCAA tournament, you may need to find an alternate radio channel if you listen to regular radio, here's a list: https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/550b23e8e4b0e29c98884bc6 First Pitch weather predictions for Thursday show temperatures near 60 degrees with a 20% chance of rain at first pitch and 40% by 8:00pm.

This is the first game of a three game SEC series with Top-ranked LSU (19-2, 2-1 SEC) and first home conference series of the year for Arkansas (10-9, 0-3 SEC) at Baum Stadium. LSU is ranked No. 1 in the Baseball America magazine poll released Monday, and the Tigers started this week with a 4-2, 10-inning win Tuesday night at Southern University. Arkansas started this week by splitting a two game series with SEMO on Tuesday and Wednesday. This is the 3rd game of 5 games in 5 days for the Razorbacks.

Arkansas will likely send sophomore Dominic Taccolini to mound on Thursday and Ace Trey Killian will likely start on Saturday. The Razorback's starter for Friday will be determined after Thursday contest.

LSU is expected to send sophomore left-hander Jared Poche' to the mound on Thursday, freshman right-hander Alex Lange on Friday and freshman right-hander Jake Godfrey on Saturday.

Arkansas' Trey Killian was Named National Pitcher of the week by NCBWA on Monday, while LSU's Alex Lange received National Player of the Week recognition from Collegiate Baseball newspaper, and he was named SEC Freshman of the Week by the league office.

PITCHING MATCHUPS
Game 1 - Thursday - 6:03pm
LSU – So. LHP Jared Poche       (5-0, 2.32 ERA, 31.0 IP, 11 BB, 22 SO)
UA – So. RHP Dominic Taccolini (3-2, 3.58 ERA, 27.2 IP, 8 BB, 29 SO)

Game 2 - Friday - 8:03pm
LSU – Fr. RHP Alex Lange (4-0, 1.45 ERA, 31 IP, 8 BB, 39 SO)
UA –TBA

Game 3 - Saturday - 2:03pm
LSU – Fr. RHP Jake Godfrey (4-0, 2.33 ERA, 27.0 IP, 15 BB, 13 SO)
UA – Jr. RHP Trey Killian      (0-0, 0.84 ERA, 10.2 IP, 0 BB, 9 SO)

Thursday's Probable Starter:
Sophomore right-hander Dominic Taccolini is set to make his team-high sixth start of the year Friday in the series opener against No. 1 LSU. His best start of the year came against Loyola Marymount, tossing 7.0 innings and allowing just five hits and two runs, while striking out a career-high nine batters. Taccolini has two of the team's three quality starts on the year and has not allowed more than three earned runs in any start.

Arkansas is sixth in the SEC in batting average at .293, and the Razorbacks are No. 4 in the SEC in homers with 17. LSU leads the SEC in team batting average at .319.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

REMINDER: This is NOT a read only game thread for posters in good standing with Hogville. Feel free to discuss the game as it progresses, just follow a few simple rules: Do not bash the players, the program or other posters and please start a new thread for lengthy off topic discussions. All other Hogville Forum Rules apply also.

If you would like to take part in the play-by-play calling (even for an inning or two), just speak up. I will most likely will be able to help out with the play-by-play for this game. We are going to try to make sure this game thread happens for those that need it and enjoy it. WPS!  :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

trippigs

Did LSU get to practice in our indoor facility yesterday...while we were playing outside in the rain? My wife thought she heard the SEC network guys say this.

knoxvillehog

Quote from: trippigs on March 19, 2015, 02:48:26 pm
Did LSU get to practice in our indoor facility yesterday...while we were playing outside in the rain? My wife thought she heard the SEC network guys say this.

That is what they said on the broadcast.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: trippigs on March 19, 2015, 02:48:26 pm
For some non-conference opponents, practicing in the indoor facility should be a strong point to make when scheduling. We may attract more teams that we want to play at Baum.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

This should bring back some memories in games vs LSU. Hope we see some of this, this weekend.

Top Walk-Off Moments in Razorback History: Baseball vs. LSU 4/9/11

Catcher James McCann hits a walk-off three-run home run in the bottom of the ninth to defeat rival LSU 4-3 in 2011.

BroyledNutts

That was a hell of a game to sit through....LSU had 9 hits, 11 left I think, through 8 with nothing to show for it...I also remember James saying that LSU's pitcher just kept throwing him slow breakers - he tatooed the pitch before that way foul over the bullpen, and I remember him saying "there's no way he'll throw me another one like that" - well, he did.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 19, 2015, 04:01:38 pm
That was a hell of a game to sit through....LSU had 9 hits, 11 left I think, through 8 with nothing to show for it...I also remember James saying that LSU's pitcher just kept throwing him slow breakers - he tatooed the pitch before that way foul over the bullpen, and I remember him saying "there's no way he'll throw me another one like that" - well, he did.
I remember him hitting that long foul and thinking that was our chance and we missed it. Baum exploded and LSU was stunned.

ricepig

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Lineup:

1) Clark Eagan .297
2) Joe Serrano  .224
3) Tyler Spoon .278
4) Luke Bonfield  .130
5) Rick Nomura  .343
6) Andrew Benintendi .288
7) Bobby Wernes .355
8 ) Michael Bernal .364
9) Tucker Pennell .238

Pitching: Dominic Taccolini 3.58 era

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

LSU's Lineup:

1) Fraley  lf  .286
2) Laird rf   .363
3) Bregman ss .330
4) Hale 3b      .378
5) Scivicque c  .407
6) Stevenson cf .354
7) Chinea  dh  .297
8 ) Foster  2b  .327
9) Zardon  1b  .269

Pitching: Poche'  5-0, 2.32 era

Razorbacks#1

Looking forward to it. Gonna have some dual TV action tonight. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Kevin

Time to pull their you know what out of there you know where, and start playing baseball

GO HOGS GO
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Let's take some infield and get ready to play ball!
[vine]OYzEJdqx1l2[/vine]

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

Bregman grounds into a double play
0-0
heading to the bottom of the 1st

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E
LSU          0                                            0    1    0
HOGS                                                     0    0    0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Clark Eagan plays 1b and leads off for the Hogs tonight. He hits .297 and bats from the left side of the plate. Eagan has a .369 ob%.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Joe Serrano is in left field and hits .224, with a .377 ob% in 49 AB's this year.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Tyler Spoon is in right field, bats .278 with a team leading 8 doubles. His SLG% is .500

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Coming up now is Luke Bonfield and he is the DH tonight and has a .130 batting average in 23 AB's.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

The 5th batter is Rick Nomura and he mans 2b and hits .343 with a .395 ob%.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

LSU          0                                            0    1    0
HOGS       1                                             1    2    0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Scivicque is the LSU catcher and hits .407, LSU's leading hitter.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

We might just see another Diamond Hog play on #SCTop10 yet again.  Heck of a play by Eagan.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

LSU          0   0                                       0    1    0
HOGS       1                                            1    2    0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Leading off the Hog 2nd is Andrew Benintendi. He is the Hog center fielder, batting .288, slugging .591% and leads the team in homers with 5.