Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What does 10-23 mean to you?

Started by Tejano Jawg, September 26, 2017, 10:51:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Boarland

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

DeltaBoy

Any other job those numbers would get you pink slipped.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 27, 2017, 04:14:00 pm
The truth about 10-23 is that you have to throw out the first two years, which was the mess he inherited. That was 2-14. Since then he is 8-9. Which is par for the course in razorback football in the sec.

Haha, now it's the first two years. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jabberjawls

Quote from: BossHawg_Outlaw on September 26, 2017, 10:56:42 am
How about 14-28 that is our record vs power 5 schools :puke:
On the bright side, his record against non-SEC power 5 schools is 4-6 (.400).

jabberjawls

Another bright side is that he is 12-1 against cupcakes.  He sure do love him some cupcakes.

jgphillips3

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 04:36:27 pm
Another bright side is that he is 12-1 against cupcakes.  He sure do love him some cupcakes.

Obviously...

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 12:56:52 pm
My moms birthday. That's what 10-23 means to me...

Maybe your mom and I can have a joint birthday party. I vote for a superhero theme.

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 27, 2017, 04:14:00 pm
The truth about 10-23 is that you have to throw out the first two years, which was the mess he inherited. That was 2-14. Since then he is 8-9. Which is par for the course in razorback football in the sec.

I respectfully disagree with part of this. Because we were transitioning from the John L season, I do give Bielema latitude for his first year. But here's the thing with Bielema's second year—I honestly think that was his best team. A lot of little things didn't go our way in many of the losses, but I can't throw out that year in its entirety.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

vandybuff

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 26, 2017, 12:11:12 pm
10-23 = stand by, right?

hahaha!!!!  10-23 is either a "Hall of Fame" football coach at Vandy, or it is near half way to "21-50" ... who was Dan Matthews (Broderick Crawford) in The Highway Patrol :)
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

PORKULATOR

It means a lot of you or looking to the past and not the future.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 27, 2017, 09:21:17 pm
Maybe your mom and I can have a joint birthday party. I vote for a superhero theme.

I respectfully disagree with part of this. Because we were transitioning from the John L season, I do give Bielema latitude for his first year. But here's the thing with Bielema's second year—I honestly think that was his best team. A lot of little things didn't go our way in many of the losses, but I can't throw out that year in its entirety.
My mom didn't partake in the Mary Jane even though her name was Mary.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

moses_007

September 28, 2017, 05:09:53 am #61 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:25:02 am by moses_007
It means that we haven't been worth a crap as a team the last 33 conference games.  This is the worst conference record I have ever seen over a five year period, and it may get much worse before it gets any better. 

The_Iceman

I throw out the first season. Anyone that holds that craps team against him isn't being fair. Petrinos last 3 classes were terrible, and JLS wasn't developing anyone.

Bielema was starting from scratch...in the SEC WEST!

But even at that, we can have a conversation about whether 10-15 is acceptable in the SEC.

nwahogfan1

Means to me that we are LOSERS.

SEC doormat.

Bottom of the heap.

KennyForAD

Quote from: logic on September 26, 2017, 01:21:53 pm
Not all 23 year old women are 10s, but it is amazing how many more there are now than there was years ago when I was in my 20s.

Not in Arkansas.  30 years ago they were all hot.  Today they are all FAT.  Waaaay fat.  Obese monster fat.  All of them.

KennyForAD

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 05:09:53 am
It means that we haven't been worth a crap as a team the last 33 conference games.  This is the worst conference record I have ever seen over a five year period, and it may get much worse before it gets any better. 

Correct!  Worst 5 years in our history.

PonderinHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 28, 2017, 09:40:41 am
Not in Arkansas.  30 years ago they were all hot.  Today they are all FAT.  Waaaay fat.  Obese monster fat.  All of them.
Well, they're still fun to ride until your friends see you riding one...

tbhogfan

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 26, 2017, 10:51:47 am
This is a trick question, because that is my birthday. With it less than a month away, get ready with your gift cards and fruit baskets. Going into the A&M game, I was aware of Bielema's 10-22 SEC record, and I was hoping it wouldn't get to 23.

Some other Bielema numbers—
–0 for Kevin Sumlin (5).
–0 for the state of Texas in 2017 (2)
–Through the Aggie loss of 2015, we were 0-10 in games decided by 10 pts or less. (Our 24-20 win at Tennessee finally snapped that streak.) Later that season, we had OT wins over Auburn and Ole Miss. Bielema has improved to 6-12 in games decided by 8 pts or less. We have added one more OT victory (last year at TCU), but have lost 4.

Also, this is post number 11,111. Creepy, huh?
Houston Nutt after 5 years in the SEC
22-18
Tied for first in the SEC West twice

Let that sink in.
Go Hogs!