Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why post Kingsley

Started by Jacksonshog, January 15, 2017, 09:49:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacksonshog

Why do we continue to try and post Kingsley, he just seems like more of a face up player.  Would we not be a better team with him out of the post so our guards can drive more? Any thoughts?

Hawg Red

He's a wannabe face-up player. He's not a good shooter. Does not have a good shot selection. He does make shots, but look at his form and body when he shoots. Not condusive to sustainable success.

But he has been even worse posting up, so maybe face-up is the closest thing to success he'll have.

rude1

He is better on the post than he is facing. He as very good moves off the post into the lane, there's a reason teams double him quickly in the post but allow him to shoot that face up jumper all day uncontested.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 15, 2017, 10:12:15 am
He's a wannabe face-up player. He's not a good shooter. Does not have a good shot selection. He does make shots, but look at his form and body when he shoots. Not condusive to sustainable success.

But he has been even worse posting up, so maybe face-up is the closest thing to success he'll have.
I like his shot for a big, selection lacks something, but that goes back to his overall low BB IQ! I have watched almost every minute this year, and it seems a couple times a game he pulls off a great post-up play, and I keep thinking why can he not see this and try to repeat it. I don't know the percentage but I would say 1 in 4 trips down the court at least he just gets in the way of the offense like a 6th defender. Look for it and you will see what I am talking about, we swing the ball around and get the defense moving and we create some lane to the basket, but don't worry MK will hustle right over there and cover it up ;D

Letsroll1200

We post Kingsley because he shows signs that he can play in the post every now and then. However, more and more Kingsley is drifting off to the perimeter. I just want Kingsley to finish through contact and make those lay ups. We need him to be a average player for the Razorbacks.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 15, 2017, 10:12:15 am

That's all that matters.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HF#1

Kingsley is only as effective as the guys giving him the ball in the post. Rarely do we make good entry passes and rarely does Moses kick it back out and re-post.  We are not a good fundamental post play team.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg Red

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 16, 2017, 06:36:28 am
That's all that matters.

No, not really. It creates a sense of fool's gold. He likely has an inflated perception of how good of a shooter he really is. He takes a bad shots. He sometimes makes them. He isn't a non-existent shooter, but that does not make him a good shooter. There is way more to being a good shooter than making some jump shots. Anyone can make a jump shot. Hell, Manny Watkins hit a three last game. Does that make him a good shooter? No, it certainly doesn't, but that didn't stop him for attempting three more from behind the arc. He had only attempted 8 in his entire career before last game. Fool's gold. Don't be a fool.