Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would have thought

Started by Big Boi, January 14, 2017, 10:30:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Boi

Hawgs have 4th most home wins, over the last 5 years. 

hogwood

Ummm... Anyone who has ever been to a BWA game before 10 years ago?

jdunhog

Quote from: Big Boi on January 14, 2017, 10:30:41 pm
Most people on here would rather see them lose so they can say Mike can't coach and he needs to be fired!

JayBell

I don't think many who have been paying attention would be surprised.  What has saved Anderson through historically bad non-home records has been a stellar home record.  It's impressive, but you also have to take it with a grain of salt because of how few quality non-conference opponents go to Bud Walton.

The SEC is notorious for bad refereeing, which helps home teams win more.  An arena like Bud Walton boosts Arkansas too.  So outside of Kentucky and Florida, exactly how many tough home games does Arkansas ever have?

They had that good schedule a few years ago where they played Syracuse, Michigan, Oklahoma, Arizona State and Wisconsin.  They split the two home games with Oklahoma and Syracuse.

In the four seasons since then, the marquee home opponents in Fayetteville have been Clemson, Dayton, Houston, SMU and Wake Forest.  That's spread out over four seasons and it's not exactly top tier opposition.

JayBell

Quote from: jdunhog on January 14, 2017, 11:11:55 pmMost people on here would rather see them lose so they can say Mike can't coach and he needs to be fired!

No they would not.  Let's cut out this nonsense.

I remember midway through Portis' freshman season when phantom witch hunts began because a few posters claimed everyone wanted Anderson fired.  Meanwhile, polls showed something like 90% of fans wanted to keep Anderson even though many were growing frustrated.

That was THREE years ago.  If people want Anderson fired, they have plenty of reason to feel that way now.

3kgthog

Quote from: jdunhog on January 14, 2017, 11:11:55 pm
Most people on here would rather see them lose so they can say Mike can't coach and he needs to be fired!

Do you really believe that idiotic statement? I'd rather see us win than lose just to make a point.

hog.goblin

I ragged on him pretty hard after the MSU loss.  I don't think he'll ever be a coach who can consistently get us to the tournament.

That being said, I'll still root for him to win every game.  Maybe we can go 10 - 2 or 11 - 1 these next 12 games which we have the talent to win.  If so, the MSU game is less relevant, particularly if they keep winning.

That puts its in a position to win one of our last 2 games to likely get us in the NCAAT.  I would rather see that then not without question.

I just don't know if he can pull it off.

Dominicanhog

not most.. just the ones who post the most...

jdlew

Quote from: Big Boi on January 14, 2017, 10:30:41 pm

We could be 1st in wins at home...but if your not winning enough to get to the dance...what does it matter???

LR_Matt

Yay!!!

Meanwhile we're 7th in the SEC....

rude1

Who cares? We have one Tourney bid and one tourney win over that period. If that makes you happy that just shows how bad the program is.