Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas has 2 quality road wins

Started by jdunhog, January 14, 2017, 10:16:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

Tennessee and Texas! Yes texas- texas lost by 2 at home to #10 west virginia and have beaten Oklahoma State at home!

Knot2brite

Not meaning to poo poo your statement but wasn't Texas a neutral site game
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HogBreath

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 14, 2017, 10:19:02 pm
Not meaning to poo poo your statement but wasn't Texas a neutral site game
Didn't we also win in North Little Rock, so really 3 road wins.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Quote from: HogBreath on January 14, 2017, 10:22:02 pm
Neutral site games are not considered road wins.

Knot2brite

Quote from: HogBreath on January 14, 2017, 10:22:02 pm
Yep...neutral site game as well...even though it was a home game for us. Neutral site games are important to some of the NCAA committee though

hogman99

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 14, 2017, 10:24:46 pm
Yep...neutral site game as well...even though it was a home game for us. Neutral site games are important to some of the NCAA committee though

Breaking news, the Hogs will not make the tournament.

jdunhog

Quote from: hogman99 on January 14, 2017, 10:27:29 pm
Breaking News there are still at least 14 games left with many winnable games!

Knot2brite

I don't know...they have a hard road to travel. They have to make some changes mentally and they have to improve some things but you can't eliminate them yet. I hope they do. I expect them to. They should.

Hogs958

meanwhile we can't beat Mississippi State at home.

HogBreath

Quote from: Karma on January 14, 2017, 10:23:11 pm
Neutral site games are not considered road wins.
Oh okay...now I'm confused...when we play another team at some other gymnasium (not our beloved Bud Walton Arena) located some where in the great state of Arkansas, it's a home game for us.

But...we can travel to Texas, to play..oddly enough, Texas, pursue those dreadful Whorns in to their very lair...and yet, it's considered a neutral site game?

WTH??
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hogwood

Quote from: jdunhog on January 14, 2017, 10:16:35 pm
Tennessee and Texas! Yes texas- texas lost by 2 at home to #10 west virginia and have beaten Oklahoma State at home!

Neither of those are necessarily "quality". They were both solid wins, but nothing to boast about. If we had lost them though, which we almost did, we'd be in horrible shape resume-wise. Now if we can beat FLA or SC, those would be excellent quality.

TheRazorback500

Tuesday night will tell us a lot. Our talent advantage at guard makes this a winnable game.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hobhog

Good grief.......

Just win some meaningful games and get back to us.....

JayBell

Regardless of Texas' mounting losses and terrible RPI, apparently we're going to have people claiming until the end of the season that Texas was a "quality road win."  The Texas game was a quality non-loss, but don't expect it to show up on any resume reviews as the tournament gets closer.  If Arkansas had lost that game, it'd be on the "bad losses" side of the resume.

RagingHawgOn

Meanwhile, mic'd up Mike still sucks and FCJ, well, is FCJ.

3kgthog

Quote from: jdunhog on January 14, 2017, 10:30:06 pm
Breaking News there are still at least 14 games left with many winnable games!

No quality winnable games. All the committee has to go on with these Hogs is no signature wins, 2 home losses, and blowouts at the hands of UK and a Minnesota team that's going down in flames. Wow what an impressive resume.

MountieDawg

You know how bad it is when you call wins against 7 - 10 Texas (on a neutral site and  9 - 8 Tennessee your great road wins. 
SEC!

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on January 14, 2017, 11:06:05 pm
Tuesday night will tell us a lot. Our talent advantage at guard makes this a winnable game.

Gilder will have 20+ against us with 4+ 3's. Their big mean will combine for over 20 rebounds.

TNhawgfan

Not exactly breaking news. But fcj and others will still be telling us how mike has it turned around when we're a 3 seed in the NIT
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TNhawgfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 15, 2017, 02:04:32 am
No quality winnable games. All the committee has to go on with these Hogs is no signature wins, 2 home losses, and blowouts at the hands of UK and a Minnesota team that's going down in flames. Wow what an impressive resume.
Truth. Our best chance for a true quality win was Florida at home. No way we win at Florida or south Carolina. I haven't watched Oklahoma state, so i won't comment on the likelihood of that game
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Kevin

you mean the ok state that has not won a league game yet, that is the quality win texas has.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

CallMeAl

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 14, 2017, 10:40:58 pm
meanwhile we can't beat Mississippi State at home.
There is a difference between we "can't" beat Mississippi State at home and we "didn't" beat Mississippi State at home. This team is not as bad as some think and they are not as good as some people think. Time will tell.
Hog since birth.

cardsNhogs

Those games will NOT be under Good Wins on our resume. As of right now we have Zero Good Wins.

sigpooie

Our schedule is ranked 54. It looks from the comp ratings like we will win 22 to 25 if it goes well and 18 to 20 if not. Either might put us in the nit But if our defense keeps getting better we could hit the 23 to 25 wins that would help our argument to go to the ncaa
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

PonderinHog

It won't be a question of good wins.  It will be a question of "how many."

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 15, 2017, 09:23:42 am

that's right.. less than 22 total = no chance.. above 22 we are in..  22 wins = nail biting during the selection show.. but probably NIT

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 15, 2017, 09:23:42 am

Yep.  May make it without a good win.  Depends on who we are being compared to for the spots.  I posted USC's resume the other day.  Similar to us.  Can run up a good win total without beating a good team.

Our major conference non conference opponents:

Minnesota has lost 2 straight:  Mich St (2nd loss to Sparty) and Penn St
Texas 1-4 in B12
Ok St 0-5 in B12

Houston has lost 2 of last 3
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on January 15, 2017, 09:14:31 am
There is a difference between we "can't" beat Mississippi State at home and we "didn't" beat Mississippi State at home. This team is not as bad as some think and they are not as good as some people think. Time will tell.
I think the team is good. Coach Anderson isn't getting it done!

cardsNhogs

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 15, 2017, 06:40:51 pm
If Arkansas does not beat a quality team, they number of wins will be irrelevant.  All focus will turn to how they do in the SEC tournament.  They would likely have to make the finals to have a reasonable chance of a bid - and even that might not be enough depending on who the opposition is/was.
Some on here do NOT understand this. They think 13-4 all is great!