Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight

Started by lynbug, January 14, 2017, 07:42:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

Would have been a good time to get C.J. a few more minutes IMO.

daprospecta

Yea, I was a bit perturbed with Mike not getting Jones more minutes.

hogman99

Nah, he's just a freshman need to work him in slowly.

bythelake

I agree.  Normally I go with the flow with the coaching, but cj has a lot of potential.  Some playing, don't want to mention names, are very limited.  Cj has a very high ceiling.

26.2Hog

Quote from: lynbug on January 14, 2017, 07:42:24 pm
Would have been a good time to get C.J. a few more minutes IMO.

Absolutely agree.  CJ has as more upside than just about anyone on this team.  Makes no sense to stifle him in a blowout game against one of the worst teams in the country.

Iwastherein1969

we need to double the post every time when their center is 15 feet from the basket...it leads to open looks at 3 point shots (see UK and USCjr) and runs we can't keep up with...please, no more doubling the post, Mike, I beg of you
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rzrbackramsfan

Agree, I'm a big Anderson fan but jones needs more minutes.  He had some nice defensive plays too.

rude1

Can't be cutting into those minutes of Manny. Forget that Jones in limited action still shows he has the potential to be an explosive scorer.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: rude1 on January 14, 2017, 08:30:10 pm
Can't be cutting into those minutes of Manny. Forget that Jones in limited action still shows he has the potential to be an explosive scorer.

And good on defense and some rebounding.

ArkansasI

Mike looked pretty stressed in his post game interview. He was right... the Hogs played 30 good minutes.

The team simply doesn't appear to fit what Mike wants them to do. It worked well enough to win against a bad Missouri team.

The funny thing is, CJ seems to fit most what Mike is looking for - yet he plays sporadic and very limited minutes. And Brachen played a few seconds... Is that his first game action?  Perhaps not, but it seemed like a waste.

Glad we won.

hawgfan4life

Why won't he play him more?  He is the best FR recruit we have had since Portis.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 14, 2017, 09:03:21 pm
Why won't he play him more?  He is the best FR recruit we have had since Portis.
Whose minutes does he get?  In a game like tonight, that's easy.  Anybody's. He has a better three point shot than Manny.  This much I know.   ;)