Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Missouri

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 14, 2017, 04:33:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: realistichog on January 14, 2017, 07:05:52 pm
Must wi because we will lose 3 of next 4
lose next three of four and today's win means absolutely NOTHING
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 14, 2017, 07:06:55 pm
3rd year.. 5.2 points 66% shooter and 28% from 3 but he's playing well and Mike is terrible for letting him go after not playing such a talented player...

actually his 2nd year, he had to sit out last year, and those #'s are just as good as a guard the hogs have playing more minutes.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PonderinHog

Mike looked very subdued in that postgame interview.  He knows.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 14, 2017, 07:08:50 pm
lose next three of four and today's win means absolutely NOTHING
Today's win means something?  You guys crack me up.

Letsroll1200

Positives
1. Anton is in the starting line up
2. Trey Thompson showed flashes
3. Win at home

Negatives
1. Mike love for Manny Watkins
2. 3 point defense still need improving

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 14, 2017, 07:09:00 pm
actually his 2nd year, he had to sit out last year, and those #'s are just as good as a guard the hogs have playing more minutes.

he's a jr in class standing meaning he's matured and been in their system 2 years... I guess your referring to Manny?  Is Babb's defense as good as Manny's?  Your post insinuated Mike let a good player transfer because he refused  play him.. Looks as though Mr Babb thought more of himself than anyone other than you..

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GuvHog

A much needed win. Kudos to the players for their hard work.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Knot2brite

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 14, 2017, 07:11:38 pm
Positives
1. Anton is in the starting line up
2. Trey Thompson showed flashes
3. Win at home

Negatives
1. Mike love for Manny Watkins
2. 3 point defense still need improving
I will add this...they must stop reacting to every call...I know we react to the calls on here but we are fans...our players sometimes react too much and officials don't take kindly to that...let the offices make dumb bad calls and just stay neutral...I am probably wrong, but I think sometimes officials start looking for stuff to call when we over react.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 14, 2017, 07:14:23 pm
he's a jr in class standing meaning he's matured and been in their system 2 years... I guess your referring to Manny?  Is Babb's defense as good as Manny's?  Your post insinuated Mike let a good player transfer because he refused  play him.. Looks as though Mr Babb thought more of himself than anyone other than you..

even letsroll, one of the biggest ma backers around, thinks his love for manny is a negative, he said so in a post just up the page.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 14, 2017, 07:16:26 pm
even letsroll, one of the biggest ma backers around, thinks his love for manny is a negative, he said so in a post just up the page.

What's that got to do with your post about Babb leaving because Mike wouldn't play him.. but now he's a good player for ISU? 

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 14, 2017, 07:19:34 pm
What's that got to do with your post about Babb leaving because Mike wouldn't play him.. but now he's a good player for ISU? 

I was in reply to your sarcasm directed towards the numbers Babb is putting up. Okay so babb is  poor player, then why did Mike recruit him, and why was he seen as part of the future when he signed?

realistichog

When I made the comment about this being a must win cause we will lose 3 of next 4 I was being sarcastic. This win means absolutely nothing as far as RPI. I only watched the last 5 or 6 minutes, I was watching football and forgot about the game being on. It's called apathy.

Ironhawg

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 14, 2017, 07:26:07 pm
I was in reply to your sarcasm directed towards the numbers Babb is putting up. Okay so babb is  poor player, then why did Mike recruit him, and why was he seen as part of the future when he signed?

It wasn't sarcasm.. all I did was put up his numbers... He recruited him, he didn't pan out ( it happens) and so far Babb has not lived up to his hype out of high school... but you wanted to make it look as though Mike didn't play a good player and he left.. you've got an agenda..

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 14, 2017, 07:10:48 pm
Today's win means something?  You guys crack me up.
you are easily amused...losing 3 of the next four SEC games puts us at 3-7...don't know what school you attended but in conference play if you are to have any chance of making the NCAA Tournament you either have a winning record in the conference or you win the conference tournament...at 3-7 to merely have a winning record in conference would require we win 7 of the next 8...good luck with that with this particular team...ponder the likelihood of that while you remain cracked up
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 14, 2017, 07:57:31 pm
you are easily amused...losing 3 of the next four SEC games puts us at 3-7...don't know what school you attended but in conference play if you are to have any chance of making the NCAA Tournament you either have a winning record in the conference or you win the conference tournament...at 3-7 to merely have a winning record in conference would require we win 7 of the next 8...good luck with that with this particular team...ponder the likelihood of that while you remain cracked up

we haven't lost those games yet.. so this game still counts... for the moment..

TheRazorback500

The worse thing for Manny was hitting that first three. He thought he was a shooter after that. Thomas fouls too much. Hannahs had a better game. Fifteen rebounds by the guards was encouraging.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

root_hawg

This was the first of playing the 4 worse teams in the league, should go 4-0 thru this stretch

hawgfan4life

Manny does a lot of game management and dirty work that is going unappreciated.  He isn't a flashy athlete but he usually isn't doing a lot of stupid stuff that gets us beat.  Whatever the team is doing bad has almost nothing to do with Manny's minutes.

zuko

Go Razorbacks! You've got to be kidding, they beat Missouri, a school with a 5 - 11 record and they should have. Missouri will go down a lot further before they are up. C'mon Mike Anderson and stop gloating about this win and how great you team played. Beating Missouri is not a quality win. I mean, how much time do you want? Arkansas, by now, should be a perennial contender but they have never reached that point and it doesn't look like they will. Either your kids don't have it or you're not getting through to them. Time to go.

rljjr

Quote from: root_hawg on January 14, 2017, 08:40:57 pm
This was the first of playing the 4 worse teams in the league, should go 4-0 thru this stretch

MSU says hi and asked if that beatdown they put on the Hogs at home still stings.