Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you really want this team to go dancing?

Started by deserthog, January 12, 2017, 06:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

forrest city joe

Quote from: Captain Morgan on January 12, 2017, 09:54:28 pm
Why does it matter if he wants the coach fired?

He's done average in 6 years.

Desert might be an alumni that's ready for a change. I see nothing wrong with it.

Only FCJ and a few others think its like heracy
He's just like you.the worst kind of fan. he wants the Hogs to lose because he wants the coach fired. he and you both are a joke.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 13, 2017, 09:11:41 am
There you got it folks. Someone who smears a lot of fans by jumping on one dumbass post. Sickening!
Some fans are smearing themselves by some of the BS they are throwing out.wanting the Hogs to lose because you want Mike to get fired is a disgrace and a joke. you guys need to support our players and our coach.and stop whining so much.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 13, 2017, 02:03:45 pm
What was Mike's FG% that game? How many offensive and defensive boards did he have? I didn't notice how many free throws he missed?

He has to get them prepared. He has to coach whether he does that is up for debate. Putting a loss solely on a coach unless the players come out and say we threw the game because of who the coach is a pretty lame argument. I get you don't like him and butt hurt he's the coach. You wanna rub one off to Pelphrey that's your business, just use a lot of lotion, don't wanna rub that little guy raw.
Thank you. +1000

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2017, 04:13:53 pm
He's just like you.the worst kind of fan. he wants the Hogs to lose because he wants the coach fired. he and you both are a joke.

There isn't a single person on the board that doesn't want Mike Anderson to win every game the rest of the way.

There are just some of us who actually have a clue about basketball and can recognize a good coach from a bad coach, and we know Mike is not a good Coach. His mediocre record the last 6 seasons proves that.

hogwood

PharmacistHog

And you would want to keep him if he lost every game the rest of the season. I want to win. I want us in the tourney and I want mike to keep his job and the recruits, but if he cant get it done I dont want to keep him around simply because of the recruits that may or may not pan out.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

forrest city joe

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 13, 2017, 09:33:48 am
I want my Hogs to dance, no doubt.

But, your tired drivel and blind support of a coach who is not getting it done is sickening. Maybe another year off would do you some good.
Yea let's give you folks who want the coach fired the entire forum to post your hate over and over and over. while those of us who support the coach need to leave.i left for a year. so you hate guys had it all to yourselves. and you are still crying. what's the matter,can't stand folks like me who stand up for Mike Anderson?

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 13, 2017, 04:22:44 pm
There isn't a single person on the board that doesn't want Mike Anderson to win every game the rest of the way.

There are just some of us who actually have a clue about basketball and can recognize a good coach from a bad coach, and we know Mike is not a good Coach. His mediocre record the last 6 seasons proves that.
Wrong.the OP just said it. he is the one who started the post. he wants them to loose and not make the NCAA so the coach will be fired. he posted it,not me.

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2017, 04:29:18 pm
Wrong.the OP just said it. he is the one who started the post. he wants them to loose and not make the NCAA so the coach will be fired. he posted it,not me.

What he posted was not as black and white as you make it. He was suggesting if we were going to finish as a mediocre team and barely get in and get destroyed, would we be better off not making it.

If you asked him if he would be OK with us winning out and winning the SEC Tournament, he would say yes. So would every fan. No fan would choose losing over finishing 27-4 with an SEC Championship and a #1 or #2 seed in the tournament.

No one here hates Mike as much as you ramble on about. We just don't believe he can get it done because our opinion is based on facts and reasoning, and not a wild emotional connection to the coach.

cityhog

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 13, 2017, 04:37:21 pm
What he posted was not as black and white as you make it. He was suggesting if we were going to finish as a mediocre team and barely get in and get destroyed, would we be better off not making it.

If you asked him if he would be OK with us winning out and winning the SEC Tournament, he would say yes. So would every fan. No fan would choose losing over finishing 27-4 with an SEC Championship and a #1 or #2 seed in the tournament.

No one here hates Mike as much as you ramble on about. We just don't believe he can get it done because our opinion is based on facts and reasoning, and not a wild emotional connection to the coach.
Nice try to clean what he said up.but i am not buying it. his post speak for itself. and he is not the only one who feels this way. just admit it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2017, 04:46:29 pm
Nice try to clean what he said up.but i am not buying it. his post speak for itself. and he is not the only one who feels this way. just admit it.

Why don't you start a thread and have a poll with two options. "Would you rather:"

1) Mike Anderson turn this season around and end strong with an NCAA Tournament appearance and Top 3 SEC finish.

Or

2) Mike Anderson lose enough the rest of the way that Jeff Long has to fire him.

rude1

Going to the tourney is always the objective. For me it is about winning, something we simply just haven't done nearly enough of. You simply can't give a guy a lifetime contract in hopes that the stars align for him and he starts to win.

Sivad

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2017, 04:09:15 pm
We'll really never know if Pelphrey was a good coach or not since he was never given a fair shake thanks to the Anderson huggers.
He wasn't, and no coach was ever going to be given a fair shake until the ex-Nolan assistant Mike Anderson was hired.
Well, we've done that now, given him 6 years with no results to cheer about and it's time to FINALLY close the nostalgia book and move on to the future.

bigred223

I want us to succeed, but I know that we won't.

TJS

If you didn't meet your goals for 6 years at your job, would you be fired? Mike not getting it done.

Captain Morgan

When did I say I want the team to lose ?  ???

Even if we make the NCAA (which I hope we do) I still want Mike Anderson fired. 👌

revolution

I hope MA gets it done, and that I have to eat a huge plate of crow for doubting him. If he gets in the Tourney, I'll be very surprised. If he finishes 12-6 or better in the SEC, I'll be shocked. I'll take the ups and downs if the ups are wins in the Tournament. If he starts making the Sweet 16 occasionally, I think he should be able to stay until he retires or ceases to be effective making the Tournament.

I like MA as a person. He has integrity and class. His brand of basketball can be entertaining.  BUT HE HAS TO WIN! That's the bottom line.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Captain Morgan on January 13, 2017, 07:38:01 pm

Even if we make the NCAA (which I hope we do) I still want Mike Anderson fired. 👌

One of the most idiotic statements ever made...If we make the tourney hes not going anywhere.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 14, 2017, 12:12:40 am
One of the most idiotic statements ever made...If we make the tourney hes not going anywhere.

Well I saw an Arkansas basketball coach get fired after making two straight tournament appearances.

Im sick of the lack of preparation and the street ball. I sense this team is talented and would likely win more games with a coach with better structure.

tophawg19

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2017, 04:27:20 pm
Yea let's give you folks who want the coach fired the entire forum to post your hate over and over and over. while those of us who support the coach need to leave.i left for a year. so you hate guys had it all to yourselves. and you are still crying. what's the matter,can't stand folks like me who stand up for Mike Anderson?
that's the problem with you .all you care about is Anderson. you don't care about the U OF A .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

southeasthog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2017, 04:19:55 pm
Some fans are smearing themselves by some of the BS they are throwing out.wanting the Hogs to lose because you want Mike to get fired is a disgrace and a joke. you guys need to support our players and our coach.and stop whining so much.

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 09, 2009, 09:36:42 pm
The problem is some of these people care more about the coach than they do the program. Pel's well being means more to some than getting this nightmare over with. we went through the same thing with Nutt. thats why he was allowed to stay here 10 years, winning no sec championships. and going to small bowl games. we owe Pel nothing. he's paid to do a job. and that is to win games.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on January 13, 2017, 07:38:01 pm

In my opinion this is as ridiculous as Joe wanting to keep Mike no matter the outcome of the season. The simple fact is that he has two good recruiting classes in his sights. Making the tournament should yield him the opportunity to stay, plain and simple. By the same token, if we totally tank this season, I dont think we should be held hostage by those recruiting classes either.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

deserthog

Just for the record. I never want any Razorback team to lose.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HardingHog on January 13, 2017, 02:00:07 pm
I'm just here to understand the difference between an "inbounds play" and an "out-of-bounds play". Anyone?

Does this question have anything to do with basketball or are you having trouble with the opposite sex?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 13, 2017, 09:11:41 am
There you got it folks. Someone who smears a lot of fans by jumping on one dumbass post. Sickening!

So you've only seen one dumb ass post about the Hog's losing, hoping for a new coach?  as he said that one admitted, your blind if you can't see it in numerous post on this board.... FCJ was talking to a lot more than just that poster...