Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you really want this team to go dancing?

Started by deserthog, January 12, 2017, 06:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deserthog

This team would get totally embarrased playing a tournament quality team. We are extremely short, have no forward, no scoring threat under the basket, no defense, no coaching, no inbounds  play, no out-of-bounds play, no substitution reasons. I for one want this season to come to a quick end and get a good coach that will put a team on the court that I can at least say we had comparable talent and weren't totally out-coached.

hogwood

Well it looks like you've deserted the hog.

I would prefer we have a good season and get to the tournament, but I'm just a Razorback fan so...

And we aren't that short. We have 2 6'10" guys which is more than a lot of teams, plus 3 6'8" guys (though Hazen doesn't play). Not having any wings is a problem though, and the 6'8" guys aren't good enough offensively to play when we need it so we end up playing short lineups with our guards.

WilsonHog

Of course I do.

And if it doesn't, I want a new head coach.

deserthog

Quote from: hogwood on January 12, 2017, 06:36:40 pm

I would prefer we have a good season and get to the tournament, but I'm just a Razorback fan so...

And we aren't that short. We have 2 6'10" guys which is more than a lot of teams, plus 3 6'8" guys (though Hazen doesn't play). Not having any wings is a problem though, and the 6'8" guys aren't good enough offensively to play when we need it so we end up playing short lineups with our guards.

deserthog

Quote from: deserthog on January 12, 2017, 07:02:22 pm

deserthog

WilsonHog

SONofHAM

Too bad there isn't a restriction that keeps people from starting threads before they hit a decent post count. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

elksnort

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 12, 2017, 07:08:05 pm
What in the blue hell are you doing?
the poster might need to read the instruction manual

East Clintwood

Quote from: elksnort on January 12, 2017, 07:16:04 pm
the poster might need to read the instruction manual

Nobody reads those.  Most things don't even give you one anymore.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

I want a new coach. 

This one has been (and will continue to be) a failure.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Knot2brite

Yes...always want the Hogs in the tournament..you can't win it if you aren't in it and there is always a chance to win it even if no one believes it
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hobhog

realistichog

I don't think there's anything to worry about, I don't see this team with this coach making it. If we do luck out and sneak in it will just mean several more years of ugly mediocre basketball.

jdunhog

I think several on here wants the Hogs to lose.  Thats why many don't post when we win!

pigture perfect

Yes. I want this team to go dancing this year, and next year and subsequent years after that.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

TheRazorback500

Yes, by all means, let's dance! Anderson's tail depends on it. He needs to find a winning streak somewhere.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Jonteviosk

What a moronic post. I hope the Hogs do get in although no ,ore crap losses to teams like Miss St. We should have rolled them. I wonder if this was an extension of the Kentucky game.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

HogBreath

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 12, 2017, 09:29:12 pm
What a moronic post. I hope the Hogs do get in although no ,ore crap losses to teams like Miss St. We should have rolled them. I wonder if this was an extension of the Kentucky game.
You may be on to something there Einstein, since we did lose both games.  Good point.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

forrest city joe

Quote from: deserthog on January 12, 2017, 06:28:34 pm
This team would get totally embarrased playing a tournament quality team. We are extremely short, have no forward, no scoring threat under the basket, no defense, no coaching, no inbounds  play, no out-of-bounds play, no substitution reasons. I for one want this season to come to a quick end and get a good coach that will put a team on the court that I can at least say we had comparable talent and weren't totally out-coached.
There you got it folks.. someone who admits he wants the Hogs to lose a lot of games so the coach can get fired.you are the worst kind of loser fan.but hats off to you for at least admitting it. there are a lot of people on here who feel the same way,but will never admit it.some fan you are,hoping the hogs lose.Sickening!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 12, 2017, 09:42:19 pm
There you got it folks.. someone who admits he wants the Hogs to lose a lot of games so the coach can get fired.you are the worst kind of loser fan.but hats off to you for at least admitting it. there are a lot of people on here who feel the same way,but will never admit it.some fan you are,hoping the hogs lose.Sickening!

Why does it matter if he wants the coach fired?

He's done average in 6 years.

Desert might be an alumni that's ready for a change. I see nothing wrong with it.

Only FCJ and a few others think its like heracy

yraciv

I don't see how any Hog fan could root for a team to lose just to get a coach fired.  I didn't even sink to that level with HDN and he was as bad as I can imagine. 

hobhog

It's gotten that bad.

WBOBO

It will be a cold day in Hell when I wish something against my Razorbacks.  Make the tourney and lets roll forward!!  GHG!
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

WBOBO

Lets roll dog!!!   In two weeks after going 4-0, lets keep saying keep rollin dog.!!!!
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

deserthog

Well gee honey, I was soaking in the spa yapping with my fellow hog fans and got out to refresh my adult beverage. Got back and the ipad was in the water. I think maybe one of the grandkids might....oh they're not here today. I think I saw the dog...Ouch, that hurts...trim those nails will you!

Next1_04

Well let's call it a season then. Let's get the bulldozers over to Bud Walton and turn that place into a parking lot.

Just curious: Isn't an "Inbounds play" and "out-of-bounds" play the same thing? Unless there is a play teams draw up to throw it out of bounds on purpose?

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 12, 2017, 06:38:48 pm
Of course I do.

And if it doesn't, I want a new head coach.

I do too, and even if they make the ncaat I want a new HC.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cardsNhogs

hogsanity

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 12, 2017, 09:29:12 pm

No, it was an extension of the same poor rebounding, perimeter defense, trapping 40ft from the basket, switching every high screen, that we have seen for 51/2 seasons.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg Red

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Biggus Piggus

There you got it folks. Someone who smears a lot of fans by jumping on one dumbass post. Sickening!
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Yes, I want this team to get to the NCAA Tournament. I want them to finish Top 3 in the SEC, make the Sweet 16, and lock Mike Anderson in to a 5 years extension.

I want that. I want Mike Anderson to succeed here. I want him to retire here after great success.

But that isn't going to happen.

hogsanity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 13, 2017, 09:11:41 am
There you got it folks. Someone who smears a lot of fans by jumping on one dumbass post. Sickening!

FCJ and his trolling COULD be stopped................

RagingHawgOn

I want my Hogs to dance, no doubt.

But, your tired drivel and blind support of a coach who is not getting it done is sickening. Maybe another year off would do you some good.

GuvHog

Quote from: yraciv on January 12, 2017, 10:13:35 pm
I don't see how any Hog fan could root for a team to lose just to get a coach fired.  I didn't even sink to that level with HDN and he was as bad as I can imagine. 

Me either. I could never root for the Hogs to lose.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2017, 01:40:01 pm
Me either. I could never root for the Hogs to lose.

With Mike you dont have to root for them to lose, they are good at it all on their own. Lost at home to a team with an rpi in the 170's.

HardingHog

I'm just here to understand the difference between an "inbounds play" and an "out-of-bounds play". Anyone?

Next1_04

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2017, 01:45:51 pm
With Mike you dont have to root for them to lose, they are good at it all on their own. Lost at home to a team with an rpi in the 170's.

What was Mike's FG% that game? How many offensive and defensive boards did he have? I didn't notice how many free throws he missed?

He has to get them prepared. He has to coach whether he does that is up for debate. Putting a loss solely on a coach unless the players come out and say we threw the game because of who the coach is a pretty lame argument. I get you don't like him and butt hurt he's the coach. You wanna rub one off to Pelphrey that's your business, just use a lot of lotion, don't wanna rub that little guy raw.

HawgHeadCheese

This is what I hate about Hogville. If your'e not a CMA fan cool, but never in my life would I say I don't want our team to not be in the big dance. I'm a hog fan for christ sake. I'm optimistic about every game and I want us to succeed every year regardless of who's coaching. Also, we're not a short team at all and if you watched the tournament you would know that last years winner 2nd tallest starter was 6'5". I'm really starting to think a majority of the posters on this site are just TROLLS!!!

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: jdunhog on January 12, 2017, 08:58:14 pm
I think several on here wants the Hogs to lose.  Thats why many don't post when we win!

I agree with you. When we win a game there aren't really many people posting. I used to get pissed off about the negativity in this site, but after seeing Alabama fans call for Saban's head after a 14-0 season with a last second lost in the championship I realized some people just cant be pleased.

Little Lady Back

You should be embarrassed posting crap like this.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

majp51

Ehh, it depends on what "Got into the tournament" means. ON second though I guess it doesn't. I do not believe CMA is the answer to anything meaning long term success at Arkansas, that being said I would love for him and the team to prove me wrong, even for just this season, and make the tourney.

The harder question for me to answer would be "Would I root against Arkansas (football or basketball)for the rest of the season, if by doing so I received a direct revelation from God that doing so would result in an immediate renaissance (for football or basketball) on the Hill "

I would like to think I could think of the betterment of the program overall, and root against them, but I'm afraid I still could not. The coaches may be doing poorly, but I don't root for or against CMA or CBB, I root for The University of Arkansas!*

* - Except every time they play MSU, since my alma mater takes precedence over my adopted team.

hogsanity

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 13, 2017, 02:03:45 pm
What was Mike's FG% that game? How many offensive and defensive boards did he have? I didn't notice how many free throws he missed?

He has to get them prepared. He has to coach whether he does that is up for debate. Putting a loss solely on a coach unless the players come out and say we threw the game because of who the coach is a pretty lame argument. I get you don't like him and butt hurt he's the coach. You wanna rub one off to Pelphrey that's your business, just use a lot of lotion, don't wanna rub that little guy raw.

Did you listen to the mic'd up segments? They played EXACTLY how they are being coached.  Sorry, coaches get credit for wins AND losses.

Pelphrey was not a good coach, and the fact that he has not had a hc job since then bears that out. 

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 13, 2017, 02:03:45 pm

He has to get them prepared. He has to coach (insert comma or semi colon) whether he does that is up for debate. Putting a loss solely on a coach unless the players come out and say we threw the game because of who the coach (insert is) is a pretty lame argument. I get you don't like him and butt hurt he's the coach. You wanna rub one off to Pelphrey that's your business, just use a lot of lotion, don't wanna rub that little guy raw.

Fixed the grammatical errors you are so fond of pointing out to others.

As an aside, face the music.....MA sucks.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HardingHog on January 13, 2017, 02:00:07 pm
I'm just here to understand the difference between an "inbounds play" and an "out-of-bounds play". Anyone?
An out of bounds play was when the Kentucky player's foot was out of bounds when he passed the ball to his teammate for the finish.  Hope this helps.

Next1_04

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 13, 2017, 02:48:59 pm
Fixed the grammatical errors you are so fond of pointing out to others.

As an aside, face the music.....MA sucks.

There is a difference between correcting grammar and spelling. Correct me if i'm wrong, where did I post he didn't suck? I'm just poking fun at the circle jerk you and the other MA haters are having. It's a good time.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2017, 02:25:39 pm
Did you listen to the mic'd up segments? They played EXACTLY how they are being coached.  Sorry, coaches get credit for wins AND losses.

Pelphrey was not a good coach, and the fact that he has not had a hc job since then bears that out. 

We'll really never know if Pelphrey was a good coach or not since he was never given a fair shake thanks to the Anderson huggers.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!