Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What I do know is recruits and their families

Started by jdunhog, January 11, 2017, 07:26:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

follow this board! The negativity probably hurts our program!

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

porkinsons disease

Just a thought...Maybe we should put a better product out and win some damn games against teams with a pulse
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

majp51

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 07:26:35 pm

Look if hogville was this way and CMA had guided us to the tourney every year but last year, you would have a point. Thing is, this negativity is because of the opposite. To any player who thinks they are actually a great player this negativity is actually a selling point for a program.

COmpetent Recruiter:
"LOok at how starved for winning this program is, when you help bring Arkansas back to the NCAA, they will worship you."

Any HS with even a small chance for the NBA has a huge ego, this type of negativity given the state of the program can actually feed it.

rickfahr

Quote from: majp51 on January 11, 2017, 07:38:39 pm
Look if hogville was this way and CMA had guided us to the tourney every year but last year, you would have a point. Thing is, this negativity is because of the opposite. To any player who thinks they are actually a great player this negativity is actually a selling point for a program.

COmpetent Recruiter:
"LOok at how starved for winning this program is, when you help bring Arkansas back to the NCAA, they will worship you."

the last statement in the above post was perhaps inadvertently telling -- getting the hogs BACK to the NCAA, not winning in the tourney, just getting there -- pathetic

rude1

Oh I get it, message board bad for recruits confidence in program. 1 Tourney visit in 6 years no big deal in confidence in program.

Biggus Piggus

The negativity is visible in mostly empty Bud Walton Arena.

Kentucky 97, Arkansas 71 => Kentucky 87, Vanderbilt 81 -- that hurts our program.

Losing at home to Mississippi State + becoming its best win of the year, that hurts our program.

Retaining a coach whose teams play a style fans hate, that hurts our program.
[CENSORED]!

WBOBO

After watching Frank Martin tonight, I am fully convinced we need to go in a different
direction.  The guy can flat out coach.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Biggus Piggus

South Carolina held Tennessee to 16-41 (39%) shooting from 2-pt range, 1-11 (9%) from 3-pt range. Also forced 22 turnovers.

That is defense.

All you have to do is watch a few games of other teams, and you'll come away wondering why Arkansas can't look that good.
[CENSORED]!

WorfHog

On track for one NCAA tournament in SIX years hurts worse. Mike ain't got nobody to blame but Mike.

MountieDawg

Maybe they will say who they think the next coach should be.
SEC!

jdunhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 11, 2017, 08:14:04 pm
Maybe they will say who they think the next coach should be.
I thought you were in love Malik, Calipari and Kentucky!

Boardon Hamsay

Given that 6 of MA's next 7 recruits (2017 & 2018) are in state kids, I'd be willing to roll the dice on a new coach. It won't happen but it's fun to think about what could be if we could stop driving down the road looking in the rear view mirror. If these kids are just able to play in spite of MA's "coaching", we'll do ok....maybe make a tourney or two and MA will get an extension not from recruiting better, not from coaching better, but simply because the state had a good couple talent cycle years in a row. I think the kids are more pro Arkansas than pro MA.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

MountieDawg

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 08:36:14 pm

I like both programs, like it much better when Arkansas is good!!!  MA is not getting it done, if you think he is are you a Hog fan?
SEC!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WBOBO on January 11, 2017, 07:46:22 pm
After watching Frank Martin tonight, I am fully convinced we need to go in a different
And he was on the hot seat a couple back at South Carolina, a school that has mostly done 0 in college basketball in over 100 years.

jdunhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 11, 2017, 08:40:57 pm
I like both programs, like it much better when Arkansas is good!!!  MA is not getting it done, if you think he is are you a Hog fan?
I think you are a anderson hater and love Kentucky!

hog.goblin

Making the NCAAT more than once every six years would help with that

WBOBO

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 09:50:43 pm
I think you are an Anderson lover that is blind to the fact we suck fundamentally.  "Tip it out if ya can't the rebound."  How about teaching blocking out to GET a rebound.  I like Mikey but he needs to go.  And go quickly.  Switching on defense with him is similar to launching a rocket towards space.  Total chaos Houston.

WBOBO

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 08:36:14 pm
Who wouldn't be?  He was the Corliss we didn't land.  Thanks Mike.

onebadrubi

He was who I wanted but many people here bashed the guy.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WBOBO on January 11, 2017, 10:13:03 pm
Who wouldn't be?  He was the Corliss we didn't land.  Thanks Mike.

No Arkansas coach was landing Malik.  That decision was made by Marcus for Malik and it was purely a business decision for Marcus.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

rude1

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2017, 10:13:48 pm
He was who I wanted but many people here bashed the guy.
What would you guys be saying if we were headed into year 5 with no Tourney visit like SC, would you have been ok with that too?

WBOBO

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2017, 10:15:05 pm
No Arkansas coach was landing Malik.  That decision was made by Marcus for Malik and it was purely a business decision for Marcus.
Can we meet on mutual grounds and say Monk=Corliss in terms of impact?

Hogs958

oh. Well in that case everything is sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops. Chocolate rivers with gum drop smiles.

WBOBO

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 10:23:47 pm
What would you guys be saying if we were headed into year 5 with no Tourney visit like SC, would you have been ok with that too?
Yes because he never got an impact player like Portis.  He had to rely on Ellington who played football.  That was his impact player starting out.  Had no contacts on the East coast.  Yeah a five to six year pass would have been given.

WBOBO

Quote from: WBOBO on January 11, 2017, 10:25:15 pm
Let me also preface this by saying in athletic talent, not locker room impact.
Corliss had a weight bench where he would lift before games to do what he did.

hawganatic

I get so tired of hearing this.  There is nothing wrong with a fanbase showing passion and wanting to win.  Do you really think the players, and their families, aren't sports fans and don't get just as pissed when the teams THEY love lose?

Really question the people who take this kind of thought process and how much they really love their team.  How can you watch something you supposedly love just die, and not have any real reaction to it?

elksnort

WBOBO

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 10:23:47 pm
What would you guys be saying if we were headed into year 5 with no Tourney visit like SC, would you have been of with that too?
You will see come Feb 15 what a coach that builds does.  Betcha a dollar to a buffalo nickel cocks win by 13.

wachhog

You don't think they watch TV?

hog47

Ok, everyone here is wanting to get back to the days of Sutton and Richardson and rightly so. I really like CA . He has brought academics and established a better atmosphere.  However, I have come to the sad conclusion that CA is hanging on to the past whiIe  the basketball world has moved on to a vastly different offense and defense. When Mississippi State players say that their coach said  " they are weak in blocking out" in an insulting way, then it's time to move on to another coach that can recruit and coach. As old as I am i believe I could do a better job of blocking out. Their is no energy, no sense of urgency, absolutely no coaching during time outside only just telling them to hustle. I coached at the secondary level and I can tell you he's just not coaching, believe me!!!!

jdunhog

Quote from: WBOBO on January 11, 2017, 10:38:37 pm
You will see come Feb 15 what a coach that builds does.  Betcha a dollar to a buffalo nickel cocks win by 13.
Well it will be hard to beat them when the refs are helping them too!

jdunhog

Quote from: hog47 on January 11, 2017, 10:48:45 pm
Ok, everyone here is wanting to get back to the days of Sutton and Richardson and rightly so. I really like CA . He has brought academics and established a better atmosphere.  However, I have come to the sad conclusion that CA is hanging on to the past whiIe  the basketball world has moved on to a vastly different offense and defense. When Mississippi State players say that their coach said  " they are weak in blocking out" in an insulting way, then it's time to move on to another coach that can recruit and coach. As old as I am i believe I could do a better job of blocking out. Their is no energy, no sense of urgency, absolutely no coaching during time outside only just telling them to hustle. I coached at the secondary level and I can tell you he's just not coaching, believe me!!!!
Send him a tweet like I did maybe he will listen to you! I tweeted him i felt like he should pull off the press more!

hawganatic

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2017, 10:15:05 pm

We lost Malik because he's only planning one year in college, and he was smart enough to know playing on a high profile team like Kentucky, that will probably go deep in the tournament and have a chance at winning a title, is better for him in the long run.

Who is going to get more pub/name recognition?  A player on a final four team, or a player on a team working their way through the NIT?  Which player is going to make more $$$ in endorsements in April when they announce they're going pro?

A coach that had won consistently and gone deeper in the tournament would have had a lot better chance of landing Malik.

WBOBO

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 10:57:01 pm
Well it will be hard to beat them when the refs are helping them too!
Look at the fouls tonight against Tennessee on the road and tell me the help
and love from the refs.  No love sir.

WBOBO

Quote from: hawganatic on January 11, 2017, 11:01:29 pm
We lost Malik because he's only planning one year in college, and he was smart enough to know playing on a high profile team like Kentucky, that will probably go deep in the tournament and have a chance at winning a title, is better for him in the long run.

Who is going to get more pub/name recognition?  A player on a final four team, or a player on a team working their way through the NIT?  Which player is going to make more $$$ in endorsements in April when they announce they're going pro?

A coach that had won consistently and gone deeper in the tournament would have had a lot better chance of landing Malik.
Sir if we had Malik we would have have lost 1 game sir.   I don't think college
has anything to do with it.  Ask Kobe or LeBron.  He just wanted to experience it.  Why
not Arkansas unless your brother was promised by that greaseball I will get you five new clients in one year versus one, your brother.  Let's see where Marcus goes in five
years after his brother leaves Ky.

hawganatic

Quote from: WBOBO on January 11, 2017, 11:10:21 pm
Sir if we had Malik we would have have lost 1 game sir.   I don't think college
has anything to do with it.  Ask Kobe or LeBron.  He just wanted to experience it.  Why
not Arkansas unless your brother was promised by that greaseball I will get you five new clients in one year versus one, your brother.  Let's see where Marcus goes in five
years after his brother leaves Ky.

Kobe and Lebron didn't have to go to college so not sure what your point is.  I'm sure if the rules let Malik go pro out of high school he would have.  Kobe would have gone to Duke if he had played and Lebron would have played at Memphis, both teams that were winning and going deep in the tournament at the time.

As far as if Arkansas would only have one loss with him, that is speculation, compared to a proven winner at KY.

rude1

What spot was Ben Simmons drafted?

WBOBO

Quote from: hawganatic on January 11, 2017, 11:16:49 pm
Kobe and Lebron didn't have to go to college so not sure what your point is.  I'm sure if the rules let Malik go pro out of high school he would have.  Kobe would have gone to Duke if he had played and Lebron would have played at Memphis, both teams that were winning and going deep in the tournament at the time.

As far as if Arkansas would only have one loss with him, that is speculation, compared to a proven winner at KY.
Sir you can still sign a pro NBA contract out of high school.  If I am wrong correct me.  I still say at least 2 years in college is good for the player.

hawganatic

Quote from: rude1 on January 11, 2017, 11:19:33 pm
What spot was Ben Simmons drafted?

Not talking about draft position.  Malik will go top 5 regardless of where he played college ball.

At KY he is already becoming a well known player.  That will translate to more $$$ in endorsement deals.  He would gain some household recognition at Arkansas, but not at the same level he will at KY.

And before anybody comes back with all top 5 players get endorsements, I realize that.  It a situation of how much they get, not if they will get.

hawganatic

Quote from: WBOBO on January 11, 2017, 11:28:00 pm
Sir you can still sign a pro NBA contract out of high school.  If I am wrong correct me.  I still say at least 2 years in college is good for the player.

Sir you cannot, sir.  You have to be a year removed from high school, sir.

hobhog

MA has about a 20% approval rating. That won't change much ever unless he goes on an unprecedented run. Time to cut bait.

WBOBO

Quote from: hawganatic on January 11, 2017, 11:32:52 pm
ok.  Yeah Calipari implanted that to get his one and dones.  Forgot that.
How is NBA basketball?  Sucks just like college.  With the exception of Golden St and San Antonio, and maybe the Clappers.

WBOBO

Quote from: hawganatic on January 11, 2017, 11:32:52 pm
Is there anyone on the planet that can talk Malik to transfer and sit out
one year to transfer back to Arkansas?  Rest his knees and and ankles while working out.  MJ didn't leave college til he was a junior and he is probably the richest basketball
player ever.  I just want to see him in a Hog uniform on the court for one year.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WBOBO on January 11, 2017, 10:25:15 pm

I actually don't agree with that. Monk is a shooter.  Shooters can disappear in a game but a true big like Corliss was can still change a game defensively on an off night shooting. Monk is better than good sure, and he would have instantly made Arkansas a ranked team at this point in the year, sure. I'm not sure anyone is debating his addition to this team would make us better

onebadrubi

Assanine. Ben Simmons proved you wrong. Someone like Malik at Arkansas would have been on a big enough stage to get exactly where he was going to go, the NBA.  Malik going to Kentucky did nothing for him in the long run or the NBa, the only thing it did anything for was Marcus

1highhog

Where was all this talk 6 years ago?  Everyone was so in love with we just had to have MA as Coach that Jeff Long would be the biggest fool if he didn't hire him to bring back the 40 minutes of hell to Bud Walton.  Only a certain few of us criticized the hiring of Mike as Coach, I for one didn't like his road record at Mizzou at the time, others, maybe they disliked something else.  But either way it's been a terrible hire and after and extremely long 6 years we're no better off than we were before he got here as far as wins are concerned.  That's six long years to build a basketball program, longer than we'll give our football coach to rebuild a football team that The last Coach wouldn't have been able to Coach a peewee team, John Smith.

regi

While we do need a change of direction, Frank is in his 5th year at Carolina, he has yet to make the NCAA Tourny at South Carolina. Lets slow down a little

MountieDawg

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 09:50:43 pm

I thought Anderson was a pretty good hire... I was very wrong...
SEC!