Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Public Service Announcement

Started by WilsonHog, January 11, 2017, 12:30:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:54:54 pm
Check their coaching record.anyone with a brain would take Mike over Pel. why do you think Pel has not been hired as a head coach again?your want Mike gone Guv has clouded your thinking.
Guv isn't the only guy wanting Mike to be replaced.
Why does it matter if fans want a coach fired?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Captain Morgan on January 11, 2017, 01:54:33 pm
It does not take 5 or 6 years to build a basketball program. Anderson has failed in his coaching, and his recruiting. He has failed. PERIOD.

that clear things up FCJ?
Pel took over a 2 time NCAA team. Mike took over the worst mess in Arkansas history.Apples and Oranges.Pel had no business ever getting this job. Mike earned a chance for this job(see UAB and Mizzo)

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:22:27 pm
Pel never should have even been hired.

Joe this why you no more creditability. Let me quote you, courtesy of Hansam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

You should stop. People are laughing at you. 

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:59:38 pm
Pel took over a 2 time NCAA team. Mike took over the worst mess in Arkansas history.Apples and Oranges.Pel had no business ever getting this job. Mike earned a chance for this job(see UAB and Mizzo)

Trolling trolling trolling, FCJ's a trolling - trolling trolling trolling  TROLL GUY
Through win and loss, whatever, hell bent for leather, keeping Mike's name way up high
throw em out, reel em in, throw em out, reel em in, throw em out reel em in TROLL GUY.
TROLL GUY!
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

porkinsons disease

Pel had to clean up Heath's APR mess. CMA was far more qualified than Pel, but the results have been similar
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

The OTR

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 12:35:30 pm
Agree on football. don't agree on basketball. if we keep Mike 2 more years.Razorback basketball will be a national power again.it will be relevant.

yes we will!

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jdunhog

Agree on football. don't agree on basketball. if we keep Mike 2 more years.Razorback basketball will be a national power again.it will be relevant.
I agree with Joe! I just think Coach needs to make some adjustments to his style and be open to changes! The talent level will go up big time!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 12:37:34 pm
its just that black and white for you, isn't it

This is correct on so many levels, but we absolutely cannot go there.

SONofHAM

Geez...go back to your own board.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Sivad

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 11, 2017, 12:46:31 pm
What if TerryDon Phillips had been our AD?
Mike Anderson would have been forced on him too.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:30:06 pm
My bottom line.Basketball under Mike will be fine if we leave Mike alone. let him get that 2018 recruiting class in here. this would be the very worst time to fire him.2 more years.

This ^^^^!!! Mike will get it done

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

worst mess in Arkansas history. exaggerate much
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

The_Iceman

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2017, 02:12:15 pm
This ^^^^!!! Mike will get it done

Do you seriously believe this? If so, what evidence do you have?

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 12:47:24 pm
2more years.must see him with that 2018 recruiting class.

why not a lifetime contract?

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:54:54 pm
Check their coaching record.anyone with a brain would take Mike over Pel. why do you think Pel has not been hired as a head coach again?your want Mike gone Guv has clouded your thinking.

My thinking is fine. Pel never got a fair shake. Stan Heath's heavy reliance on JUCO players left Pel with a mess after taking his first team to the NCAA Tournament. Pel lost 9 players off of that Tournament team. There were 6 Seniors on that team and after the season 2 more transferred then another was kicked out by the university for academic reasons leaving Pel with 4 scholarship players and 2 walkons for the next season which would later lead to graduation issues that cost Mike Anderson a scholarship his first year at Arkansas. Pel actually inherited a mess and had it cleaned up when he was terminated. The mess that you insist Mike inherited was actually what was left of Stan Heath's mess.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The_Iceman

Stan Heath
1- No NCAA
2- No NCAA
3- No NCAA
4- NCAA 1st Round
5- NCAA 1st Round

John Pelphrey
1- NCAA 2nd Round
2- No NCAA
3- No NCAA
4- No NCAA

Mike Anderson
1- No NCAA
2- No NCAA
3- NIT 2nd Round
4- NCAA 2nd Round
5- No NCAA
6- TBD

porkinsons disease

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2017, 02:17:56 pm
My thinking is fine. Pel never got a fair shake. Stan Heath's heavy reliance on JUCO players left Pel with a mess after taking his first team to the NCAA Tournament. Pel lost 9 players off of that Tournament team. There were 6 Seniors on that team and after the season 2 more transferred then another was kicked out by the university for academic reasons leaving Pel with 4 scholarship players and 2 walkons for the next season which would later lead to graduation issues that cost Mike Anderson a scholarship his first year at Arkansas. Pel actually inherited a mess and had it cleaned up when he was terminated. The mess that you insist Mike inherited was actually what was left of Stan Heath's mess.
So true, but doesn't fit the narrative. Since numbers are not supporting his argument, he is trying to rewrite history on what really happened during the Heath, Pel years. Pel was in over his head, but he was the sacrificial lamb cleaning up the Heath mess.

MushroomCloudHog

In 4 years at UAB he went to 3 NCAA Tournaments

In 5 years at Missouri he went to 3 NCAA
Tournaments

This is his 6th year at Arkansas and he's been to 1 NCAA Tournaments.  If he doesn't make it 2 NCAA Tournaments in 6 years....I find it really hard to believe that we will be Nationally recognized as a Power in College Basketball.

HF#1

I haven't expected to be relevant on a national scale for a while now.  Here is what I expect...

1. Win home games
2. Be competitive on the road
3. Make the tournament
4. Show improvement from game to game.
5. Don't make the same mistakes every game (4 & 5 go hand in hand)

Are these expectations too much? Losing to Mississippi State at home is unacceptable. Losing to Mercer last season in LR was unacceptable. The unacceptable losses are piling up. The recruiting losses are piling up as well. Pelphrey might have been a crappy coach, but I bet our chances would have been better at getting Monk, Allen, and others.

Mike was a nostalgic feel good hire. To be completely honest, he should have stayed at Mizzou, he'd probably still be winning.  He wasn't the best man for the job, not by any stretch. Jeff Long took the same approach many on here did, he got who he thought he could get. No effort had to be put into it. Mike was the hire that was easiest for him and easiest to keep the fans/boosters quiet.

Mike isn't a good coach, not for Arkansas. I've always thought anytime you try to recreate history, you fail 10x worse than what history you were trying to recreate. We should have kept moving past 40 minutes of hell or fastest 40.  We should have went for the absolute best coach we could get. Mike wasn't it, obviously.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

Quote from: HF#1 on January 11, 2017, 02:36:08 pm
To be completely honest, he should have stayed at Mizzou, he'd probably still be winning. 

He wanted out of Mizzu, and their fans did not cry to see him go.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 11, 2017, 02:28:06 pm
So true, but doesn't fit the narrative. Since numbers are not supporting his argument, he is trying to rewrite history on what really happened during the Heath, Pel years. Pel was in over his head, but he was the sacrificial lamb cleaning up the Heath mess.

I disagree with you about Pel. He wasn't in over his head, he was just never given a fair shake thanks to those begging for Mike Anderson.

3kgthog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2017, 02:17:56 pm

Thank you for saving me the time of posting this. You can ask the Anderson supporters just what mess Mike inherited and they won't come up with anything.

Mike's had good in-state talent every year he's been here. He's got a brand new practice facility that probably still has the plastic wrapped around some of the furniture. He doesn't have a big APR mess hanging over him because that wound was already healing when he got here. He's coaching in a time when the only truly elite SEC team is Kentucky. He's got a football program that's bad enough that it's taking a little pressure off his program. What more does a coach need to not suck?

HF#1

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 02:39:42 pm

I bet they are crying now. Can't get any further in the basement than they are now.  Haith left them in bad shape.  I mean, Mike did leave Frank a 30 win team.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

realistichog

It's time to end the kiss and make up with Nolan tour, especially since Nolan is the one that got us in this mess to start with because of the way he left. It's time to dump the 40 minutes of hell garbage and get someone who can actually coach more than one style of basketball. It would also be nice to have a coach that could recruit, keep the good players in state and be able to coach players up. MA has got to go.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on January 11, 2017, 02:54:01 pm
I bet they are crying now. Can't get any further in the basement than they are now.  Haith left them in bad shape.  I mean, Mike did leave Frank a 30 win team.

No, they really aren't. They have a good coach now but he still has a lot of work to do.

Breems

People are responding to the toll because __________ ?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 02:39:42 pm

Mike can go back to Missouri right now if he wanted too.

cityhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 11, 2017, 12:30:22 pm
Let me help your sanity, and perhaps keep some of your stuff from being broken.

If you are waiting for Razorback basketball (or football, for that matter), to be relevant on a national scale, stop. Save yourself. Yours is an exercise in futility and frustration.

Doesn't exactly fit the ROI model that NWA thrives on does it?

cityhog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2017, 02:42:06 pm
I disagree with you about Pel. He wasn't in over his head, he was just never given a fair shake thanks to those begging for Mike Anderson.

OMG. Pel was literally the worst ever.

Wildbill

So you give a coach 8 years to produce!!!! Ridiculous! Need to face reality bud MA will not get it done!!!

The_Iceman

I can't agree with you on this. Pelphrey was a disaster, and FCJ wanted to lock up to a long term extension.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:30:06 pm
My bottom line.Basketball under Mike will be fine if we leave Mike alone. let him get that 2018 recruiting class in here. this would be the very worst time to fire him.2 more years.

Two more years to get to the 2018 class. And then two more to watch them each individually grow, transfer, disappoint, excel, whatever. FCJ is actually saying four more years.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

forrest city joe

Now who is living in a dream world? Pel was in over his head. he never should have been hired. and have you notice that know one else has hired him as a head coach.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 11, 2017, 04:19:04 pm
Two more years to get to the 2018 class. And then two more to watch them each individually grow, transfer, disappoint, excel, whatever. FCJ is actually saying four more years.
Very funny.NOT!

East TN HAWG

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 04:19:43 pm
Now who is living in a dream world? Pel was in over his head. he never should have been hired. and have you notice that know one else has hired him as a head coach.
Not say Pel was in over his head or not, but he did have an APR mess when he got here.  It was bad enough that his predecessor only lasted a day.  Pel did clean that mess up for us, and that's about it. 

mjsphd

As has been said numerous times the "keep the coach" because of the future recruiting classes argument is a joke.  Especially in this case, when the players are basically all from Arkansas and would come no matter who the coach is.  I'm not even saying Anderson should be fired, but this is not a rational reason  to keep him.

grayhawg

Didn't we hear this same 2 more years during 2014-2015 season?

MountieDawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:22:27 pm
Pel never should have even been hired.

MA is proving he should have never been hire also...6 years 1 NCAAT with most of the team leaving this year.... Counting on freshman that none are rated in the Top 40 of recruits and 2 in the Top 100...  Look out Duke and UCLA and Mississippi State are scared!!!

Jimmy Whitt was rated 64th and Kapita 68th... They have helped MA a lot!!!

Beard was ranked 90th!

Moses Kingley 63rd...

So you really think the new guys are going to be twice as good as these guys????
SEC!

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 04:19:43 pm

Yet you wanted to lock him up long term. Doesn't make sense. How could you believe he shouldn't have been hired, while also saying he should have been giving a contract extension?

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 04:20:25 pm
Very funny.NOT!

The 2018 team will be full of mostly freshmen and sophomores. Are you saying if Mike doesn't win big with that group, you won't be saying to give him another year for them to get experience?

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 12:51:18 pm
That Miss.state team just won at Lsu by 19 points. they are not a bad team. anybody can beat you on a given night.
So, you're saying that we can beat anyone on a given night? I just ain't seeing it.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 12:51:18 pm
That Miss.state team just won at Lsu by 19 points. they are not a bad team. anybody can beat you on a given night.
Arkansas MBB's new motto: WE ARE ANY GIVEN NIGHT!
All Gas, No Brakes!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 11, 2017, 04:57:39 pm

Can't even protect home court anymore. Mike has lost this team and program. Time to move on.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 11, 2017, 04:57:39 pm
I'm more of an Eagles fan.

hamsam

Sig line Joe. Sig line...
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

porkinsons disease

Sig line Joe...Sig line

Dirty

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2017, 01:56:06 pm
No doubt about it. If Terry Don Phillips had been hired as the AD instead of Jeff Long, CBB and Mike Anderson would not be at Arkansas.

And Bobby P. probably wouldn't have been here either

Porked Tongue

As I stated on here before, Mike's best seasons are not good enough when they do occur.  Plus they are too far apart.

High floor.
Low ceiling.

He can't hang his hat on such short and infrequent trips to the dance.

This is make or break I believe.

BassinHawg

:puke:
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"